Any update on a Trailer TPMS system?

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
So am I correct in assuming if you want the Trailer tire pressures monitors, you have to buy the Ford kit with the camera?
The Ford Accessory website lists this kit without the camera for a bit lower price:

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...95&nosto=productpage-nosto-1-fallback-nosto-1

no 3rd party sensors are going to work?
To achieve trailer tire TPMS integration with your OE cluster display you need the sensors, an appropriate compatible RF receiver, and the harness components to connect that properly formatted datastream to your Ford display systems. The obvious way to ensure all those proper connections, communications, and a successful outcome is with the Ford kit.

Could you rig that up successfully using 3rd-party components? I've learned to never say "never" .... but good luck with that ....
Sponsored

Last edited:

GChurch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Tremor 402a
Camera/TPMS addition to 2021 Job 1 Limited Powerboost Feedback: I used all the info posted earlier in this thread to successfully enable and install the LC3Z1A189A camera/TPMS/Yaw kit and ML3Z13A576J harness. The harness was a perfect fit. My truck already received the cameras in motion update. I acquired a OBDII cable, and Windows tablet (and a needed Bluetooth keyboard) and loaded it with FORScan. I only had to change 3 lines of code: APIM 7D0-01-01 and 7D0-01-02 and IPC 729-09-01. The installation went without a hitch and works perfectly. An added bonus is that the trailer TPMS screen also shows trailer tire temperature.
Nice work, got any more info on those forscan changes IE what you changed those values to? I’m also interested in a guide you are using/how you knew which lines to change. Trailer tire temp showing is a sweet addition thought it must be possible but glad you proved it! If you have any pics showing it working would be great addition.

Last edited:

maecomotorsport

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Occupation
Race Car Fabrication
Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? 7E79378E-6F5A-4311-B213-208D500BADC2

The TPMS psi and temp numbers are blank because I only plugged the trailer into the truck. The numbers propagate when the trailer is moving.

Last edited:

maecomotorsport

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Occupation
Race Car Fabrication
Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? DB0BCBEF-32B7-46A3-A97E-7D84594FAE5B

These values get changed for Camera At Speed

maecomotorsport

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Occupation
Race Car Fabrication
Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? 5AAF92B9-D70C-4AEE-9223-5C88B54C8DE1

This is the value that gets changed for TPMS

Sponsored

maecomotorsport

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Occupation
Race Car Fabrication
Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? AE65E92F-33A5-4A1D-8F69-48C4CBBDFCF3

From elsewhere in this thread, these are the values to insert in place if the ‘As Built’

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
An update to my post describing my particular goals for the integrated TPMS+Cam kit. Quick summary: I'm looking to retain the 7/4 pin trailer socket on my bumper and add a 7/12 pin socket in the bed of my truck for my 5th wheel RV TPMS+Cam.

Two hopefully self-explanatory pics to illustrate what I found installed in my 2022 'build 2' F150 (truck specs in my signature block below)
Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? TRUCK 01 - CONNECTORS BACK OF BUMPER

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? TRUCK 03 - CONNECTORS BACK OF BUMPER

Here's a table showing the connector / circuit details

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? F150 TRAILER TPMS AND CAM CIRCUIT CONNECTOR PATH

Wanting all 9 of the TPMS+Cam+Yaw wires populated on C439, and wanting that not at the rear bumper but at the driver's side of the bed interior, my plan is to PosiTap the necessary wires where they enter C423 above the spare and build a long harness terminating with this connector I've ordered which should plug into the 12-pin socket provided with the TMPS+Cam kit from Ford (the Workshop Manual lists WPT-1125 as a repair pigtail connector for C439).

For the 7-pin portion I've ordered this "T" extension harness which I hope will mate with the Ford bits (I used this harness for my 2005 F150).

Other than tapping tie wires at C423 and inserting the "T" at the OE bumper connector I'll not touch my current setup, leaving the 7/4 pin in place as is for my utility trailers; the existing 2-wire C439 will simply be left as is, capped and abandoned.

I'll update again after I make the test installation ....

Last edited:

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
Camera/TPMS addition to 2021 Job 1 Limited Powerboost Feedback: I used all the info posted earlier in this thread to successfully enable and install the LC3Z1A189A camera/TPMS/Yaw kit and ML3Z13A576J harness. The harness was a perfect fit. My truck already received the cameras in motion update. I acquired a OBDII cable, and Windows tablet (and a needed Bluetooth keyboard) and loaded it with FORScan. I only had to change 3 lines of code: APIM 7D0-01-01 and 7D0-01-02 and IPC 729-09-01. The installation went without a hitch and works perfectly. An added bonus is that the trailer TPMS screen also shows trailer tire temperature.
Nice Job on getting it to work. I have a 21 Job2 Platinum PB with all the feature/options and I'm looking into getting this set up on my truck. Its really sad that Ford has put us in this spot going out and trying to figure out how to install these items that should have came factory. 2-wire BS. Thanks for the post.

knah1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
I don’t understand. I’m told I can’t have a trailer camera but in the manual it tells me how to access it?

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? 4BBA900A-E834-47EF-920F-CAEF567861EB

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? C403BEF4-73E8-44BD-9602-5086D68B0490

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
I don’t understand. I’m told I can’t have a trailer camera but in the manual it tells me how to access it?
Here's what you need to understand and, like it or not, accept as reality:

Manuals sometimes provide instructions for things that may not actually be implemented or available on a particular build or as a particular vehicle is equipped with options; perhaps infuriating but it's a fact.

If you read this entire thread you will find the info needed to determine if your vehicle is actually ready for plug-and-play of one of the Ford accessory TPMS and/or Cam and/or Yaw Sensor kits.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
Interesting find!

Too bad you can't tell from the description what all is included.
Agree, there's just enough conflict in the various linked data on that listing page to leave a question about exactly what capability this particular kit provides.

We know from the SuperDuty kits one has to be very careful about TPMS, Cam, and Yaw Sensors as inclusion of each of those or certain combinations can be a matter of a one-digit difference in the kit PN.

IMO there's a good chance this particular PN provides TPMS-only components, not Trailer Cam components (one of the options available for the SuperDuty designated kits). That of course may or may not be important for some folks.

CRFuzz

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB
Occupation
DBA
Correct, as recent replies state.

Step 1, is check back side of 12 pin connector. It will either have on 2 wired pins or it will have a lot (8 or 9). If only 2, the only thing that will work is the Yaw Sensor for Pro Trailer Backup Assist, until you are able to locate the correct harness and install under the truck.

Step 2 is to decide what you want on the trailer.
a. If just Yaw Sensor, then buy Yaw Sensor (I had to get from Ebay as 2022 models are sticker only as shipped) and Ford Accessories is a mess
b. If just Rear Cam or TPMS, or both then purchase that F250 accessory
c. If you want to support all 3, the get the Rear Cam (or TPMS, or both) with Pro-Trailer Backup Assist

The difference between b. and c. is c. has 3 connectors (one for TPMS, one for Rear Cam, and one for Yaw Sensor). While b. only has 2 (for TPMS and for Rear Cam).

This is what the phrase in the Description: "...With..." or "...Without..." Pro Trailer Backup Assist means (having the 3rd connector cable for the Yaw Sensor). It does NOT include the YAW Sensor, in any of the options.
Just to confirm, if I ordered the package with just TPMS and Rear Camera, I can still use the Pro Trailer Backup via the stickers, correct?

CRFuzz

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB
Occupation
DBA
Hey all, thanks for the great info. It put me on the right track to find fords 72 hour service portal subscription and find the pin out for these connections. I chose to just add the 4 wires for the camera only kit. Works great. I can do a better step by step instruction in the future. That said it’s not plug in play and these connectors require pinout tools or some very very fine screwdrivers or other tricks to modify.
5CC91CA5-B066-4B68-A797-6849DD210E5B.jpeg
Are the unpopulated pins already in the 12 pin connector, or did you have to order them? If so, do you have a part number?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited: