Any update on a Trailer TPMS system?

Slicks.Spurred

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 - Lariat - 300A - PowerBoost - SuperCrew 4x4
This last picture is how you get the "hole" open so you can lower the spare tire.
That's the 'port' for inserting a crank to lower your spare tire - look in the owner's manual section about fixing a flat for explanation.
Awesome, mystery solved. Thank you.

That 'truck-side' harness, which includes connections to other bumper sensors, is discussed earlier in this thread and is not included with the Trailer-side TPMS/cam kits.
I guess that is the question, if I get one of those 'truck-side' harnesses mentioned previously in the thread will it include the 'truck-side' 7 and 12 pin port (and 7 → 4 pin adapter)? If not, are there known part numbers for these 2 items that I can get from people who have them?
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I guess that is the question, if I get one of those 'truck-side' harnesses mentioned previously in the thread will it include the 'truck-side' 7 and 12 pin port (and 7 → 4 pin adapter)? If not, are there known part numbers for these 2 items that I can get from people who have them?
  • The truck-side replacement harness does not include the 7/12 pin bumper connector; read this entire thread for info on that truck-side harness and potential part numbers, discussion about that starts around post #16 with more info scattered later in the thread.
  • The 7/12 pin bumper connector is included in the various Ford Accessory Trailer TPMS/cam kits so there's no need to look for that as a separate part / part number (if you are not installing one of Trailer TPMS/cam kits on your trailer, you have absolutely no need or use for a 7/12 pin bumper connector; the 12 pin socket has absolutely no application other than for interface with those Ford accessory Trailer TPMS/cam kits which include it)
  • Adaptors to go from 7 pin bumper sockets to 4 pin trailers are separately available from Ford or most any trailer equipment dealer (e-trailer) or even your local Lowes/Home Depot; those are a 'generic industry standard' item

Last edited:

SAAUZ

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current GLK350, MAZDA 3, SportTreck ST251VBH
Occupation
Physiotherapist
Good info
Awesome, mystery solved. Thank you.

We are in the same boat, i got the 7/4 and only the 2 wire harness (currently not attached to anything as you can see in my pics). If you look at the camera kit picture with all the part in the following link you can see it includes the 7/12 connector, at the bottom, second from right https://accessories.ford.com/produc...ler-sensor-kit-with-pro-trailer-backup-assist

From reading this thread, it looks like we have to install the ML3Z-13A576-J harnesses. I get the Trailer TPMS in the productivity screen and the aux camera on the touch screen.

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? IMG_6096.JPG

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? IMG_6093.JPG

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? IMG_6164.JPG

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? IMG_6165.JPG

Slicks.Spurred

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The wiring harness that you wanted was "ml3t-13a576-akb" You could also give the dealer "ML3Z13A576j" it would be specifically made for your vehicle.
From reading this thread, it looks like we have to install the ML3Z-13A576-J harnesses. I get the Trailer TPMS in the productivity screen and the aux camera on the touch screen.
I agree the consensus around here seems to be that is the part number I want. I tried "independently" confirming that by looking up the rear bumper, electrical components for a Lariat Crew Cab Pickup Fleetside 3.5L PowerBoost V6 ELECTRIC/GAS A/T 4WD on LakelandFord.com (as best I can tell that is my truck, trim, and drive). According to that site the diagram shows 4 different variants of part #5.
I am not entirely sure what the "park sensors" are (I am assuming those are the things in this image). Assuming that I am correct then I think, according to that LakelandFord.com site I want ML3Z-13A576-AA. Maybe ML3Z-13A576-J are 2 part numbers for the same part (because apparently that is a thing)?

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? park-sensors

Incidentally, I did find ML3Z-13A576-J on LakelandFord.com. It says "THIS DOES NOT FIT YOUR 2022 Ford F-150". It also gives no description of ML3Z-13A576-J on that site. I am going to contact the parts department at Paradise Ford and see what, if anything, they can tell me.

SAAUZ

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physiotherapist
Hi all. Huge thanks to GChurch for your contributions. I got my harness today and wanted to give a quick update. I will try to get some pics and a bit more comprehensive comments later in the week.

Overall quite straightforward following GChurch’s steps. It is very handy to have the new harness to see how the connectors work. Worst part was squeezing the big harness connecter past some other harnesses and connectors for Propower/etc. Took me about 1.5 hrs to swap the harnesses.

The dual exhaust harness mentioned here (ML3Z-13A576-TFA) is indeed slightly different than what came off from a single exhaust. The dual exhaust harness has a little bracket for going over the bumper exhaust that is easily peeled off. You could easily salvage two of the little push-pins off the old harness and use another two from the trailer camera kit to make it like OEM (or use good old zip ties, which is what I have for now while testing). Electrically and wire length wise it works perfectly for me.

My truck is a Job 1 (Feb 2021) build King Ranch, PowerBoost, Max Tow, 360 cam, Blue Cruise Prep. It has OTA update 2.3.0. I needed Forscan to activate AuxCam, AuxCam in motion, and Trailer TPMS. I’ve tested the camera, it works great in the driveway. Cam works comparable to Job 1 bed cams, shows on left side of screen with 360 on the right. The TPMS also looks to be working (I can access the trailer settings and enter the programming step but won’t have the sensors installed in wheels until new tires come in).

I ordered from FordPartsHub.ca and they got the harness and the trailer kit to me in ~2weeks; if in Canada I’d give them a look.

Thanks again GChurch this is great!
Thanks for the website link, I guess they are Fraser Ford in Oshawa, when I called they quoted the same price as dealer (higher than the website)and they share same physical address.

Was your order online? This is what I have in my cart, havent decided on the harness, but think ill go with ML3Z-13A576-J as its cheaper.

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 10.23.08 AM

Sponsored

SAAUZ

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Physiotherapist
I agree the consensus around here seems to be that is the part number I want. I tried "independently" confirming that by looking up the rear bumper, electrical components for a Lariat Crew Cab Pickup Fleetside 3.5L PowerBoost V6 ELECTRIC/GAS A/T 4WD on LakelandFord.com (as best I can tell that is my truck, trim, and drive). According to that site the diagram shows 4 different variants of part #5.
I am not entirely sure what the "park sensors" are (I am assuming those are the things in this image). Assuming that I am correct then I think, according to that LakelandFord.com site I want ML3Z-13A576-AA. Maybe ML3Z-13A576-J are 2 part numbers for the same part (because apparently that is a thing)?

park-sensors.jpg

Incidentally, I did find ML3Z-13A576-J on LakelandFord.com. It says "THIS DOES NOT FIT YOUR 2022 Ford F-150". It also gives no description of ML3Z-13A576-J on that site. I am going to contact the parts department at Paradise Ford and see what, if anything, they can tell me.

So it looks like the guys that installed the J type and TFA type and have 6 rear park sensors, I asked parts at my local dealer to tell me the difference between the J and the AA, he said the J shows automated parking assist . I only have 4 rear park sensors, what are the extra 2 sensors for on the rear sides? the automated parking assist? If so, then maybe the AA comes with just the 4 sensors.

Also there is a hardness that ends in only a single A, he said the difference between the AA and the A is that AA lists heavy duty towing. This is my current harness number, ML3T-13A576-AEE.

Slicks.Spurred

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@SAAUZ thank you for that information. My truck only has 4 sensors I do not have the automated parking on my truck. I am starting to think that AA is the right harness for my truck.

I too also have ML3T-13A576-AEE currently on my truck.

Arkos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Figured I'd provide some more data, ...

2022 F150 Powerboost Platinum, Built March 2022, Max Tow, Active Park Assist (I have 6 sensors on my rear bumper).

I also have the 7/4 plug, but to my surprise, when I checked the harness for the 12pin, it looks to be fully populated (sorry about the blurry picture)
Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? PXL_20220520_193405562
. Based on previous comments, I'm guessing that's because of the Active Park assist? I also checked and I do have the Trailer Tire option on my gauges as well as the Camera+ option in the cameras section.

So I have ordered LC3Z1A189A.

danleg

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 Lariat
Does anyone actually have Trailer camera / TMPS working?

Sponsored

danleg

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 Lariat
I spoke with a Ford Parts guy who located this part # for my VIN, ML3Z-1A189-E.
he stated it has not yet been manufactured.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!

danleg

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 Lariat
mine is a 22 KR 601, 360 Active, Max Tow package.
I found it on Accessories.ford.ca.com, it shows 12 pin connector, trailer and truck harnesses, camera and yew monitor. I was on the phone with parts dealer and he confirmed camera and yew were included.

danleg

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 Lariat
I believe the Alpha on the end changes depending upon which packages you have on your F150.

danleg

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 Lariat
cost was $1181 (in Sacramento.)
Sponsored