First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 & 2022 F150 on order
Occupation
Architect
Just FYI this connector with pigtail is a match for the back of the 12-pin bumper socket (I have it, continuity is proven and it latches in the socket correctly). WPT-1125 is one of several Ford PN's listed as a repair part in the Ford Workshop Manual circuit diagrams for this harness connector.

1x Connector 12-way for Mirror WPT-1125 (Amazon link)
Thanks! What about the pins at the big main harness connector?
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Thanks! What about the pins at the big main harness connector?
Can't help you on that, I'm using a different approach (Positaps on the wires entering that big connector). See my post here, work is in progress still, delayed due to a family illness taking my attention.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT CrewCab
Tried to order the J harness and a few days later got this from Tasca Parts:

Part #ML3Z-13A576-J is currently on national backorder with the automotive manufacturer and has no estimated date of resupply. We do not currently have this item in stock at our warehouse and are unable to acquire it at this time.
The J harness is on backorder but the JA harness appears to be available. I just can't find anything online to tell me the difference.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
quick question.

been looking through this thread, but cannot locate info.
When was this software released that resolved this issue?
My truck was built on 7/13. I am picking up from Dealer Monday.

Trying to determine if the "good" software rev was installed during build or not

SWillier

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect
The J harness is on backorder but the JA harness appears to be available. I just can't find anything online to tell me the difference.
I was at the dealer picking up a different part and had them try to look up the difference between JA and J. Nothing was listed, but they did have pictures in the system. The JA looked like it only had 2 wires in the connector.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT CrewCab
I was at the dealer picking up a different part and had them try to look up the difference between JA and A. Nothing was listed, but they did have pictures in the system. The JA looked like it only had 2 wires in the connector.
I think I'm just going to order the TFA harness and zip tie up the additional length as it seems it worked just fine stated earlier in this thread and is currently available.

SWillier

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect
post s
I think I'm just going to order the TFA harness and zip tie up the additional length as it seems it worked just fine stated earlier in this thread and is currently available.
post some pics and let us know how it works / fits. Been considering that, too. Dealer said no estimated availability for J in the system.

OP
OP
don.mullins

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
I was at the dealer picking up a different part and had them try to look up the difference between JA and A. Nothing was listed, but they did have pictures in the system. The JA looked like it only had 2 wires in the connector.
So that sounds like the early trucks had the JA, and the A is what we need to order to get full functionality.

Thanks!

SWillier

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect
So that sounds like the early trucks had the JA, and the A is what we need to order to get full functionality.

Thanks!
Sorry I went back and fixed that typo. It is the J harness. Not A.

I’m going the TFA route, too. Since it’s actually available. Per the previous posts, it’s for a dual exhaust Tremor so you have to take the mounting tabs off the old harness and put them on the new harness, but the wiring all works. Or just zip tie it.

SWillier

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect
Sorry I went back and fixed that typo. It is the J harness. Not A.

I’m going the TFA route, too. Since it’s actually available. Per the previous posts, it’s for a dual exhaust Tremor so you have to take the mounting tabs off the old harness and put them on the new harness, but the wiring all works. Or just zip tie it.
Adding more to the database here.....

I ordered the "TFA" harness. Box from Tasca Parts came today. Looks like the part recieved is now a "TFC". ML3T-13A576-TFC I'm guessing it is an updated part number. It looks like the harness I expected. I haven't had a chance to put it on yet (it just arrived an hour ago), but did lay up under the truck with it and it appears to be right. With the obviouse expected exception of the dual exhaust brackets and 2 extra sensor pulgs (for 6 bumper sensors not 4).

My new question is:
On the outside bumper sensor connectors, which ones do you use and which ones do you leave disconnected and tied up? They do have different wire colors. The old harness is taped up all the way to overlap the connectors, so I can't see the colors on it while it's still up in place. I hoped it would be obvious by the way the harnes lays in place, but deosn't seem so obvious yet.

I will get it in this weekend if weather cooperates, and make sure all of the sensors work corectly after install. I don't have the camera/tpms kit yet to test out on it as I was waiting until I figured the harness part out before spending the coin on it.

One step closer.

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? image0
Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? image1
Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? image2

Sponsored

SWillier

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect
Adding more to the database here.....

I ordered the "TFA" harness. Box from Tasca Parts came today. Looks like the part recieved is now a "TFC". ML3T-13A576-TFC I'm guessing it is an updated part number. It looks like the harness I expected. I haven't had a chance to put it on yet (it just arrived an hour ago), but did lay up under the truck with it and it appears to be right. With the obviouse expected exception of the dual exhaust brackets and 2 extra sensor pulgs (for 6 bumper sensors not 4).

My new question is:
On the outside bumper sensor connectors, which ones do you use and which ones do you leave disconnected and tied up? They do have different wire colors. The old harness is taped up all the way to overlap the connectors, so I can't see the colors on it while it's still up in place. I hoped it would be obvious by the way the harnes lays in place, but deosn't seem so obvious yet.

I will get it in this weekend if weather cooperates, and make sure all of the sensors work corectly after install. I don't have the camera/tpms kit yet to test out on it as I was waiting until I figured the harness part out before spending the coin on it.

One step closer.

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
Here's the harness pulled off for comparisson. "AEE" harness. It really is an easy install for anyone considering it.

Everything lines up and clipped in just fine. One side of the dual exhaust brackets fit into one of the holes. Wire tied the other end to the bumper brace. For some reason, the big main harness plug was a bitch to get appart. That took as long to get appart as putting the whole harness in. After flipping the release arm all of the way open, it wouldn't come out. It took a little gentle ptying with a small flat blade screwdriver to get it to com the rest of the way apart (trying not to break anything)???

The white bracket in the poto is the only difference in the harnesses. All of the other clips and pins are all there and in the right places. You could easily transplant it to the new harness if you wanted, but it all fit fine with the "wrong" dual exhaust brackets.

Sensors are all working fine. Now i need to get a camera / TPMS set to put on the camper.

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? IMG_1477(1).JPEG
Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? IMG_1476(1).JPEG
Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? IMG_1475(1).JPEG

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? IMG_1474(1).JPEG

SWillier

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect
Last followup:
Everything lines up and clipped in just fine. One side of the dual exhaust brackets fit into one of the holes. Wire tied the other end to the bumper brace. For some reason, the big main harness plug was a bitch to get appart. That took as long to get appart as putting the whole harness in. After flipping the release arm all of the way open, it wouldn't come out. It took a little gentle ptying with a small flat blade screwdriver to get it to com the rest of the way apart (trying not to break anything)???

The white bracket in the poto is the only difference in the harnesses. All of the other clips and pins are all there and in the right places. You could easily transplant it to the new harness if you wanted, but it all fit fine with the "wrong" dual exhaust brackets.

Sensors are all working fine. Now i need to get a camera / TPMS set to put on the camper.
Last followup:
FedEx brought the camera kit today!

I replaced the bumper plug with the included one, and plugged in the harness to test it out. Everything worked immediately as expectedy. No FORSCAN neccessary on my 2022.

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? Plug.JPEG
Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? Plug2

TPMS setup works in the dash screen under trailer info. It asked how many tires (2,4 or 6) and what pressure. Then it went into the sensor setup, but I don't have them installed yet.

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? TPMS1.JPEG
Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? TPMS2.JPEG

Pro trailer recognized the yaw sensor (not inclcuded in the kit) and wanted to do the driving setup. No looking for the sticker like before.

The trailer camera shows up both in the normal 360 camera selection as the Aux camera, and also shows up when pro trailer is turned on.

Ford F-150 Any update on a Trailer TPMS system? Traile Cam 1.JPEG

I will say that the image quality of the trailer camera is not as good as the tailgate camera, but I do have it sitting in the back of the bed in the shadow of the topper on a dreary, rainy day. We'll see how it looks on the trailer once installed.

All and all, super happy it all works and is integrated in the sync system and dashboard. Definately worth the minor hassle of replacing the ML3T-13A576-TFA bumper harness!

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid
Last followup:

Last followup:
FedEx brought the camera kit today!

I replaced the bumper plug with the included one, and plugged in the harness to test it out. Everything worked immediately as expectedy. No FORSCAN neccessary on my 2022.

Plug.JPEG
Plug2.jpeg

TPMS setup works in the dash screen under trailer info. It asked how many tires (2,4 or 6) and what pressure. Then it went into the sensor setup, but I don't have them installed yet.

TPMS1.JPEG
TPMS2.JPEG

Pro trailer recognized the yaw sensor (not inclcuded in the kit) and wanted to do the driving setup. No looking for the sticker like before.

The trailer camera shows up both in the normal 360 camera selection as the Aux camera, and also shows up when pro trailer is turned on.

Traile Cam 1.JPEG

I will say that the image quality of the trailer camera is not as good as the tailgate camera, but I do have it sitting in the back of the bed in the shadow of the topper on a dreary, rainy day. We'll see how it looks on the trailer once installed.

All and all, super happy it all works and is integrated in the sync system and dashboard. Definately worth the minor hassle of replacing the ML3T-13A576-TFA bumper harness!
Looks like you've done some awesome work! Congrats! I have a question, though. Two actually :)

1) what part number(s) did you need to get the camera and TPMS working other than the ML3Z13A576J harness?
2) did the plug/connector come with the TFA harness you bought to replace the original one in the bumper?

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid
Looks like you've done some awesome work! Congrats! I have a question, though. Two actually :)

1) what part number(s) did you need to get the camera and TPMS working other than the ML3Z13A576J harness?
2) did the plug/connector come with the TFA harness you bought to replace the original one in the bumper?
actually i think @maecomotorsport answered my question for me with p/n LC3Z1A189A, so thanks for that!

i found the J harness at a random dealer in Utah and should get it this week. thanks y'all!!

SWillier

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect
actually i think @maecomotorsport answered my question for me with p/n LC3Z1A189A, so thanks for that!

i found the J harness at a random dealer in Utah and should get it this week. thanks y'all!!
Looks like you got your answers. The replacement bumper plug socket comes with the camera / TPMS kit.
Sponsored