Any update on a Trailer TPMS system?

flipazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT. 302A. 6.5' bed.
Occupation
Educator
Hello. I’ve read through this whole thread a couple of months ago when I first thought of doing this upgrade. Today, I finally got around to installing everything. I had to upgrade my harness in the back of the truck to work with the kit since all of the wires weren’t populated in my plug. Everything works great. My question seems like it probably has an obvious answer but I can’t seem to find it in this thread (maybe it’s hidden somewhere). I bought a yaw sensor separate from the TPMS/camera kit, but can’t figure out how it installs since the TPMS/camera uses the same cable that the Yaw sensor does. I essentially have two cables (one for the TPMS/Camera and one for the yaw sensor) but only one plug in the back of my truck. Hopefully this makes sense. Can anyone help me out?
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I essentially have two cables (one for the TPMS/Camera and one for the yaw sensor) but only one plug in the back of my truck.
FWIW .... I ordered TPMS + Cam kit LC3Z1A189A (with TPMS & Cam but NO Yaw Sensor because mine is a 5th-wheel trailer, not compatible with my 2022 F150's backup assist).

However, the trailer harness that came with that kit has, from front to rear:
  • The '12-pin' connector for the bumper socket
  • A branch in the harness with connector for a Yaw Sensor (which I am not using)
  • A branch in the harness with the connector for the TPMS Module
  • A connector for the Cam at the rear end
The Yaw Sensor and TPMS Module branches are each about 5-6ft long; the whole thing end-to-end is about 40+ft long.

So, even though I did not order or receive the Yaw Sensor, the trailer harness in that kit is (or at least was when I ordered on 6/13/2022) configured to add one (providing support for TPMS + Cam + Yaw Sensor in a single harness to a single bumper connector).

Nope, I've no idea of the PN for that harness alone or how to source one, but it sounds like that's what you need.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

LJS1211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Well after reading through all the pages of this and also taking a trip to my dealership today, I'm back to square one so hoping someone on here can help. I'm trying to see if anyone can give me the correct part number for the wiring harness you've used. It seems to have changed a bunch even in this thread so want to make sure I order the right part. I have a 2021 Platinum and only 2 wires coming out of the 12-pin connector. The issues I'm struggling with is since my truck is a platinum, I have 6 parking sensors so I want to make sure I get the correct harness to upgrade by 12-pin connect as well as cover all 6 of the sensors. Thanks in advance and really hoping someone will be able to help!

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Well after reading through all the pages of this and also taking a trip to my dealership today, I'm back to square one so hoping someone on here can help. I'm trying to see if anyone can give me the correct part number for the wiring harness you've used. It seems to have changed a bunch even in this thread so want to make sure I order the right part. I have a 2021 Platinum and only 2 wires coming out of the 12-pin connector. The issues I'm struggling with is since my truck is a platinum, I have 6 parking sensors so I want to make sure I get the correct harness to upgrade by 12-pin connect as well as cover all 6 of the sensors. Thanks in advance and really hoping someone will be able to help!
did you see my post from page 23? Here's the post, the bottom line is this harness ML3Z-13A576-TFA did work perfectly on my 2021 PB. I just had to remove the dual exhaust brackets, but that's all and it plugged into the existing harness perfectly.

I don't want to beat a dead horse here but after reading all 23 pages of this thread I want to make sure harness ML3Z-13A576-TFA, which is for the dual exhaust F-150s will work with my single exhaust 2021 F-150 PB. My dealer sold me my truck claiming I could use have the backup camera and TPMS trailer sensors. They included the LC3Z-1A189A kit but back in early 2022 the harness was not correct on my truck and Ford was not making it. I SOLD the camera and TPMS kit thinking I was never going to get it to work. I told my dealer about ML3Z-13A576-TFA BEFORE I read it was for the dual exhaust truck.

So my question is, will the ML3Z-13A576-TFA work other than the bracket for the dual exhaust? I don't want to go back to the dealer and tell then they need to order ML3Z-13A576-J instead of the TFA part number.

I only care about the TPMS at this time. I bought a wireless camera kit that works fine but I still want to get tire pressures and temps with the display I currently see on my instrument cluster.

Thanks in advance.

Danevo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A BAP Powerboost
Thanks for posting that. Unfortunately these settings were way off for my truck and caused a bunch of very odd issues. I put it back to where I had it. Still no rear camera function but the tpms is cool. I'll keep fussing with it and maybe I'll stumble across a solution.
Did you ever find a solution to this? I’m planning to swap my rear harness here soon and wondering if I will be able to get camera working. I also do not have the 360 camera option.

Danevo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A BAP Powerboost
So I did some searching and found the wires for trailer camera do not go all the way to the IPMA on tucks not equipped with 360 cams. The wiring goes from the back of the truck to the front but stops at C316. so would need to run wires from C316 through firewall to IPMA and hope the IPMA supported it. or else would have to replace with a IPMA for 360 cams.
Sponsored