Any update on a Trailer TPMS system?

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
Has anyone heard anything on if or when a trailer TPMS system will be available for the ‘21 F-150?
Sponsored

Last edited:

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
My guess is one or more computer chips are involved and we won't see availability on this and similar accessories until the shortage is mostly behind us.

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Ok, so the Job 2 Order Guide (was just posted on this forum) for 8/2/21 update explicitly calls out the TPMS and Trailer Cam under the new DIO Category. This was not in the order guide before. For example starting with XL on pg 8 (pdf pg 9), same for the rest of the trim levels.

★Individual Trailer TPMS/Customer-Placed Trailer Camera (req. ★Tow Technology Package (17T) and Trailer Tow Pkg (53A) or Max Trailer Tow Pkg (53C))

The asterisk means "New for this MY"

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Ok, so the Job 2 Order Guide (was just posted on this forum) for 8/2/21 update explicitly calls out the TPMS and Trailer Cam under the new DIO Category. This was not in the order guide before. For example starting with XL on pg 8 (pdf pg 9), same for the rest of the trim levels.

★Individual Trailer TPMS/Customer-Placed Trailer Camera (req. ★Tow Technology Package (17T) and Trailer Tow Pkg (53A) or Max Trailer Tow Pkg (53C))

The asterisk means "New for this MY"
So I take that as us ‘21 owners are SOL? If so, I hate to hear that as I was holding on to hope that this would be added sometime in the future.
Appreciate the info tho.

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
So I take that as us ‘21 owners are SOL? If so, I hate to hear that as I was holding on to hope that this would be added sometime in the future.
Appreciate the info tho.
It still is a very confusing issue.

Ford Accessories used to show Trailer Cam and or Trailer TPMS as accessories for 2021 F150. But no mention in the order guide. And people who received their truck looked at the connector and saw only 2 wires (vs the many more in the same connector for F250 and above). Then speculation about wireless cam attach become prevalent (but speculative). I believe this to be incorrect.

Now the options does show in the order guide starting with Job2 builds (starting in June).

However Ford Accessories will now NOT pull up Trailer Cam or TPMS for F150.

We need someone who has received a Job 2 build (with the appropriate Tow options ordered) to check how many wires in the connector.

Personally, I believe some junior engineer (or B team) really dropped the ball on this whole thing for initial build for 2021. Perhaps (fingers crossed) they fixed it starting with Job 2 builds.

kcmarvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have a job 2 build (6/23/2021) powerboost with all tow options except max tow and there are only two wires active in the connector. I have hope that we will get the answer when the stickers become active/usable to replace the yaw sensor.
It is possible that they will release an inline tap with a replacement plug to support the camera/tpms and yaw. I suspect that they calculated the trailer cam/tpms feature will be seldom used on the many F-150's sold and they can save $ by not installing the F-250 type plug on all F-150's.
It is silly that they did not find a way to implement the stickers right away to avoid needing a yaw sensor. It seems likely that they will therefore implement stickers with the release of 2022's to avoid yaw sensors and such a release would also apply to 2021's. The 2022's start production in November, 2021.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I wish there was an update for this. :/

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I check every few months on this. How can the roll out be so slow?

Sponsored

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 2013 Subaru BRZ
I have a job 2 build (6/23/2021) powerboost with all tow options except max tow and there are only two wires active in the connector. I have hope that we will get the answer when the stickers become active/usable to replace the yaw sensor.
It is possible that they will release an inline tap with a replacement plug to support the camera/tpms and yaw. I suspect that they calculated the trailer cam/tpms feature will be seldom used on the many F-150's sold and they can save $ by not installing the F-250 type plug on all F-150's.
It is silly that they did not find a way to implement the stickers right away to avoid needing a yaw sensor. It seems likely that they will therefore implement stickers with the release of 2022's to avoid yaw sensors and such a release would also apply to 2021's. The 2022's start production in November, 2021.
i know this is old, but do the stickers not work? Mine came with a yaw sensor and a package of stickers

kcmarvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
i know this is old, but do the stickers not work? Mine came with a yaw sensor and a package of stickers
That is correct that stickers currently do not work on 2021 F-150's.

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
I have a late build F150 (September-21) and I'll check this connector tomorrow. I left the truck at work.
The kit that came with my truck had stickers in it and the literature said that the Raptors would be send software to enable the stickers at a later time. Hinting that my truck could already use the sticker or the sensor. My truck didn't come with a sensor, but I got one off another owner who didn't need his.
I'm in the market for the customer placed camera to put on my travel trailer so I can view it on my 12" screen while driving. I can't seem to get a definite answer on which one I need.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
That is correct that stickers currently do not work on 2021 F-150's.
They work with the Build 2 trucks. I just setup a pop-up camper with them today.
Sponsored