Any Regrets Getting Tow Mirrors?

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Just ordered a ‘22 SCrew 4x4 PB Lariat 5.5’-box w/ Trailer Tow package & tow mirrors. Most threads on this forum regarding tow mirrors are very one-sided: You didn’t get them, wish you had, paying a lot of money now to add them.

I’m curious if there is anyone with the opposite point of view. Anyone purchase a ‘21 F-150 with Trailer Tow mirrors but, after driving the vehicle, regret getting them and wish they had the stock OEM side-mirrors instead?
yes.though they look great they are way too big for regular streets , garages .ive hit em twice ..minor scratches but at some point im sure theyll get ripped off . They do look awesome though . If you dont tow routinely i would skip em ...
Sponsored

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I love mine. I regretted not having them on my 16. After seeing the small stock mirrors on our trucks I’m happy I went with the tow mirrors. I tow my boat about 2-3 times a month and they make it a lot easier to see around it.

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
I have them on my order too. Ive seen a couple out in the wild already and boy do they look out of place on an F150, like they dont belong large. On Superduty they are perfect though.

But if youre getting them for towing not just for looks then its the right thing to do.

OP
OP

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I love mine. I regretted not having them on my 16. After seeing the small stock mirrors on our trucks I’m happy I went with the tow mirrors. I tow my boat about 2-3 times a month and they make it a lot easier to see around it.
I appreciate all the thoughts & opinions.

For me: clearly the tow mirrors, being larger, are an impediment to narrow parking spots and mpg(s). I’m having a hard time understanding WHY I would need the tow mirrors given all the advanced technology on my Lariat SCrew PB (BLIS, Pro-Backup, 360 cameras, Co-Pilot Assist, etc.).

The F-150 will be a daily commuter as well as pulling a 2-horse, bumper-pull trailer ~2x week (mostly local roads, short transit). Been safely hauling the trailer with a Ram 1500, stock mirrors, without issue.

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
No regrets at all. In fact the tow mirrors were one of my "must have" items when building my truck. I had driven a '20 Lariat with the regular mirrors and felt that the blind spot was way too big. Not only is the flat glass larger with the tow mirrors but you also get the convexed glass as well which makes blind spots practically non-existent if adjusted correctly.

Worth it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I appreciate all the thoughts & opinions.

For me: clearly the tow mirrors, being larger, are an impediment to narrow parking spots and mpg(s). I’m having a hard time understanding WHY I would need the tow mirrors given all the advanced technology on my Lariat SCrew PB (BLIS, Pro-Backup, 360 cameras, Co-Pilot Assist, etc.).

The F-150 will be a daily commuter as well as pulling a 2-horse, bumper-pull trailer ~2x week (mostly local roads, short transit). Been safely hauling the trailer with a Ram 1500, stock mirrors, without issue.
Does anyone know:
1. The mirror (the glass) size for the stock mirrors?
2. The top mirror (the glass) size for the tow mirrors?

Given the low inventory, I've yet to see the two mirrors side-by-side on a '21/22 F-150. Is the top tow mirror bigger, same-size, or smaller than the stock mirror?

dpbrown02

First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I absolutely love them. I had a 2015 with them and now the 2021 and never hit anything with them. I’d get the power option so you can fold them in at the touch of a button which I usually do in parking spots.

And for what it’s worth, if you get them and dont like them (which I doubt) im sure you could find someone more than willing to trade you their regular mirrors And maybe make a few bucks in the process…

OP
OP

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I absolutely love them. I had a 2015 with them and now the 2021 and never hit anything with them. I’d get the power option so you can fold them in at the touch of a button which I usually do in parking spots.

And for what it’s worth, if you get them and dont like them (which I doubt) im sure you could find someone more than willing to trade you their regular mirrors And maybe make a few bucks in the process…
It’s a Lariat, so they’ll be power-folding regardless, stock or tow.

OP
OP

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Heck no, especially with the 6.5 box. Standard ones are way too small for such a big truck.
Mine’s a SCrew w/ a 5.5’ box.

Sponsored

Donnelly713

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
They are awesome you won’t regret tow mirrors on a lariat due to motorized folding. They are much safer than reg mirrors. However if XLT or XL I could see myself getting annoyed to have to hop out and manually fold them.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I have them on my order too. Ive seen a couple out in the wild already and boy do they look out of place on an F150, like they don't belong large. On Superduty they are perfect though.

But if you're getting them for towing not just for looks then its the right thing to do.
Why okay on Superduty and not F-150? The F-150 Cab and Superduty cabs are identical, out of the exact same stamping. The Superduty has not been updated yet for the 2021 F-150 changes, but they share cab sizes to the exact millimeter, because they are the same. Some interior and exterior details are changed with respect to fenders and hoods, grilles and lighting, and certain dash details, but the underlying cab is the same. The chassis that the bolt to are different, but even there, I put my F-350 next to my F-150, only 1.5 inches in height due to suspension and chassis thickness, no difference in width or length (assuming equal length beds - you can get an 8' bed in a Superduty, not in an F-150).

I made the mistake of not getting the towing mirrors in a 20210 Platinum F-150 after having them on a 2006 F-250 - never again. Have had them on Five trucks since then. Seems the incoming LIghtning may require an exception.

OP
OP

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Just wish I knew the dimensions of both mirrors, so I could do a better comparison.

Ford F-150 Any Regrets Getting Tow Mirrors? Mirrors.PNG
Sponsored