Sponsored

Any Regrets Getting Tow Mirrors?

Photonicc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Personally think they look good when you get big tires, or a wider wheel setup. Lifted trucks look much better with tow mirrors. Can't wait to throw some 12 wide american forces on my truck when I get it, it will look badass with tow mirrors then.
Sponsored

unafFORDableXLT

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
i put them on my ‘22 XLT, 360 cameras and Max Tow, and love them…but the reverse brake assist doesn’t work anymore. I’ve driven in reverse down the street and in parking lots trying to re-teach per the manual. No luck yet.

Photonicc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
iMO they look to big on stock F150s, but they are still amazing. I love them. Especially when I lift my truck on 12 wide wheels it will make it look better

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 STX, Lead Foot Grey
Occupation
Systems Administrator
I have zero regrets. The functionality is great, and I wanted them because...

a.) It's a truck
b.) I tow stuff
c.) The non-tow mirrors on this truck remind me of Shrek ears.

Ford F-150 Any Regrets Getting Tow Mirrors? shrek

Scarecrow06

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost FX4
I was fortunate to find my truck in transit to a lot near me when someone who built it to their spec could not wait for the truck to be delivered. It's definitely more truck than I wanted (wanted a Lariat but couldn't find the build I wanted and almost as much as the Platinum). However, it had the paint color, leather package, FX4 Powerboost as well as tow mirrors. I was told for $250 on build they are worth it. I LOVE them when driving as there is absolutely no blind spots but I am still not a fan of the look. Once my tires need replacing I will lift it and go with larger tires and then maybe it will look better. But as another poster here said, they are very large on a stock F-150 when it comes to looks.

Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I understand those who think tow mirrors are too big or too ugly but that's very subjective and probably a bit influenced by a person's age and background. I think 5.5 foot boxes on a Supercrew look ridiculous but clearly 95% of Supercrew buyers don't. That's no doubt at least in part because in the 1970's when I was first driving most pickup trucks had regular cabs, bench seats and 8 foot boxes.

If the 2021+ standard mirrors were like the 2015-2020 standard mirrors I would have been indifferent about which mirrors my 2022 came with. My 2020 had standard mirrors with a little stick on blind spot added and I never thought they were inadequate. I understand why the new standard mirrors are as small (and integrated) as they are and I realize that with the technology many people depend less on what is in the mirror. I also understand that if people are parking in a narrow space or garage it may be too much bother to maybe fold them in. And of course you need to get close enough to reach that bag of tacos at Taco Bell. I just would rather have larger mirrors, or maybe more importantly mirrors with dedicated blind spot sections. I wouldn't want them without power fold.

If anyone is on the fence, spend the $250 and get the tow mirrors. Worst case is you decide you want the little mirrors and somebody pays you twice or 8 times that much to trade.

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I got max tow package but opted not to get the tow mirrors, even though I'll be towing a travel trailer. I personally think they're ugly... even though they are functional. Will I have regrets not getting them? Time will tell. Maybe I'll be one of those idiots paying way more than I should for a pair.

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I understand those who think tow mirrors are too big or too ugly but that's very subjective and probably a bit influenced by a person's age and background. I think 5.5 foot boxes on a Supercrew look ridiculous but clearly 95% of Supercrew buyers don't. That's no doubt at least in part because in the 1970's when I was first driving most pickup trucks had regular cabs, bench seats and 8 foot boxes.

If the 2021+ standard mirrors were like the 2015-2020 standard mirrors I would have been indifferent about which mirrors my 2022 came with. My 2020 had standard mirrors with a little stick on blind spot added and I never thought they were inadequate. I understand why the new standard mirrors are as small (and integrated) as they are and I realize that with the technology many people depend less on what is in the mirror. I also understand that if people are parking in a narrow space or garage it may be too much bother to maybe fold them in. And of course you need to get close enough to reach that bag of tacos at Taco Bell. I just would rather have larger mirrors, or maybe more importantly mirrors with dedicated blind spot sections. I wouldn't want them without power fold.

If anyone is on the fence, spend the $250 and get the tow mirrors. Worst case is you decide you want the little mirrors and somebody pays you twice or 8 times that much to trade.
I'm one of those guys that doesn't understand the 5.5 box. I always have to remind myself that some folks don't use their trucks like I use mine (whenever I actually get it of course).
I like the way the standard mirrors look over the tow mirrors, but I plan on never strapping tow mirrors on any truck I own again in my life. Thats a simple task that I cant stand doing for some reason.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I'm one of those guys that doesn't understand the 5.5 box. I always have to remind myself that some folks don't use their trucks like I use mine (whenever I actually get it of course).
I like the way the standard mirrors look over the tow mirrors, but I plan on never strapping tow mirrors on any truck I own again in my life. Thats a simple task that I cant stand doing for some reason.
I'd probably get a SuperCab 6.5 Box before I'd get a 5.5 SuperCrew but I have a deep enough garage to not have to make that choice. Like the mirrors though, I get why most go for the little box with a SuperCrew.
Ford F-150 Any Regrets Getting Tow Mirrors? 20220609_201645

Sponsored

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I'd probably get a SuperCab 6.5 Box before I'd get a 5.5 SuperCrew but I have a deep enough garage to not have to make that choice. Like the mirrors though, I get why most go for the little box with a SuperCrew.
20220609_201645.jpg
Paint that truck Atlas Blue and its exactly what I have rotting away in Dearborn
Great looking truck my friend

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Paint that truck Atlas Blue and its exactly what I have rotting away in Dearborn
Great looking truck my friend
Thanks and hope you get it soon. I live an hour from Dearborn but mine was ordered by someone else, built in Kansas City, sat there for 4 months and finally sent to a dealer in Idaho where I found it online 2 days after it landed and the original guy couldn't get financing. In my 60 year old brain, my beater from a few decades ago is and probably always will be what a pickup looks like.
Ford F-150 Any Regrets Getting Tow Mirrors? IMG_0208

Last edited:

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
2022 vs 2020 standard mirrors.
Ford F-150 Any Regrets Getting Tow Mirrors? Screenshot_20220612-114142_Google

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
All the pictures that I saw (not many) that showed the view from the driver seat with a truck with the tow mirrors showed that it was just too big for me and blocked a lot of the side vision. I really wanted to like them because for the $250 it is a steal. I just do not tow so I wanted that front lateral vision and can make do with the smaller mirror.
Sponsored