Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Self
Haven’t had truck for 5hr and the headlights are full of moisture
Ford F-150 Any one else with moisture in headlights 5325FCAB-30B1-4D91-A0AC-1ED14E6D6207
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Same. It is quite annoying, but I was driving in the day through some occasional sleet and melting snow. I have the LEDs but I think only my DRLs were on.

I did some 'Google' research and this seems like a known issue. It is being reported that Ford won't do anything about it unless your condensation starts to pool up and run down the plastic. Also, the design of the dust covers and lights are self ventilating.

My condensation disappeared overnight.

So I don't know if the LEDs get hot enough to cook off the condensation. I would suspect non-LEDs would get hot enough to cook off the condensation.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Caferd

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Self
That’s crazy if they won’t fix it. Definitely will effect night time safety. I’m going to give it a few weeks before bringing it in. My reverse camera is also extremely blurry.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
That’s crazy if they won’t fix it. Definitely will effect night time safety. I’m going to give it a few weeks before bringing it in. My reverse camera is also extremely blurry.
My reverse camera was too. But then I noticed it was a bit coated with wintery road gunk.

Spooder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Electron Manufacturing
The condensation is normal as the housings are vented. So they can intake humid air which may condense out in the right conditions. It clears up on its own and probably much faster if the lights are on. If they sealed the housings there would probably be problems with the heat of the lights creating pressure cycles.
Sponsored