Remote start, engine cold.

Ford F-150 Any idea what the heck this is? 20221126_074044

Thanks.
Sponsored

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
I've noticed a damp spot in my garage when I backed out, always thought it was an air conditioning drain. Maybe not.

On mine the damp could just be pulling moisture out of the concrete if that's a warm spot from the exhaust. Might be something completely different since a single cab also.

Times like this I wish I had a go pro.

Sponsored

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
An exhaust weep hole drains water in the system. One of the products of combustion is water. It will condense on the cold metal of the exhaust system. This then puddles in low points. Guess what? Another combustion product is Sulfuric acid and it condenses also. The fastest way to rot out an exhaust system is multiple short trips where you don't allow the exhaust system to heat up thoroughly. These drain holes are there to drain away the water and other combustion products that can damage the exhaust system. Best bet? Never run your truck in short bursts... always run it long enough to warm up the entire exhaust system, all the way to the pipe end.

H4ppyB34r

First Name
Borys
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 HDPP Max Tow 3.5LEcoBoost
Occupation
General Contractor
Why don't you take a peek under?

There is a drain hole there, but you could also have an exhaust leak or damage in that spot

Reactions: sbi

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
These newer ICE prime movers are so incredibly efficient compared with ones of even the early 21st century ones; that it’s crazy how much H2O comes out of them rather than the less desirable molecules.

It’s going to be even crazier when fully synthetic gasoline becomes popular because it won’t even have some of the other byproducts of combustion.

It will be interesting to see if at least higher GVWR EVs become a dead end again as more sensible technology is accepted and the looming old battery recycling issues take hold.

On very cold days this tiny hole can also be semi noisy. The moisture and pressure coming out make a small annoying noise. Eventually it goes away
Definitely don’t get one of these then:

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
🤣😂😂😆😁😁Some of you folks are really sick. You guys need many many years of therapy.
some of us are sailors so having a warped mind is considered normal, well abby :ROFLMAO: o_O 🤗

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
These newer ICE prime movers are so incredibly efficient compared with ones of even the early 21st century ones; that it’s crazy how much H2O comes out of them rather than the less desirable molecules.

It’s going to be even crazier when fully synthetic gasoline becomes popular because it won’t even have some of the other byproducts of combustion.

It will be interesting to see if at least higher GVWR EVs become a dead end again as more sensible technology is accepted and the looming old battery recycling issues take hold.

Definitely don’t get one of these then:

What is 'fully synthetic gas'? I've never heard of it.