First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Is anyone else who ordered the new antimatter blue a little worried after seeing the pictures of the king ranch that were just uploaded. It looks nearly black
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

jjblas

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G37s Infiniti
Occupation
Retired
The 2020 blue jeans color was lighter but I like the richness of the darker blue of antimatter

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I wish it were lighter too. I think it will look awesome in the sun, but yes, the fact that it looks almost black even in sunlight (depending on the angle you are looking) bothers me a little. For me, Rapid Red was my next choice, and I don't love Rapid Red with the Stone Grey Accent of the KR. I also wonder if camera settings are not doing the color justice? I think keeping it clean with a good polish is going to be critical to seeing the blue, otherwise dirty its going to look black all the time.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I would like to see more photos of it out in the wild. Ford is so terrible at portraying colors of their vehicles on their website.
For comparison the CO mustang from Ford.com verse what it looks like in the wild.

Ford F-150 Antimatter Blue too dark? 2FF22D37-1B4A-4C31-BE3D-804E01A2E44D

Ford F-150 Antimatter Blue too dark? 3109308C-251C-4006-BFB9-C1453EA86B88

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
I am fighting the urge to change colors. It’s so dark in all the content I see. Maybe, just maybe, a good coat of ceramic will keep it at and clean and keep the bluer color alive.

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I scratched it from my list. That leaved Carbonized Gray, Smoked Quartz (likely), and Iconic Silver on the table.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Looks like a darker and updated Blue Jeans.
I bet it’ll also show every scratch and just like black, it’s going to be a PITA to keep clean.

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
I am looking forward to it. Kind of nice to have it look different than what is on the road today.
My order suggests that the bumpers maybe painted the same as the stone grey two tone, even though I have the chrome package. Who knows what it will be like when it arrives.
Should be sharp either way.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I am looking forward to it. Kind of nice to have it look different than what is on the road today.
My order suggests that the bumpers maybe painted the same as the stone grey two tone, even though I have the chrome package. Who knows what it will be like when it arrives.
Should be sharp either way.
I'm pretty sure if you ordered a KR 601A with the Chrome Package you are going to get exactly what is pictured in the other thread. The Stone Grey Bumpers are deleted in favor of the Chrome bumpers you see in those photos when you order the Chrome Package. I also think you get the Chrome Bumpers on the 601A if you opt for the Monotone Paint Package.

Sponsored

mel063

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150, 79 Jeep CJ-5
Occupation
Sr. Director
Is anyone else who ordered the new antimatter blue a little worried after seeing the pictures of the king ranch that were just uploaded. It looks nearly black
It does look dark but I am going to stick with it. I wish I knew when I was getting my new one so I could complete the sell of my 18 Lariat.

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
I'm pretty sure if you ordered a KR 601A with the Chrome Package you are going to get exactly what is pictured in the other thread. The Stone Grey Bumpers are deleted in favor of the Chrome bumpers you see in those photos when you order the Chrome Package. I also think you get the Chrome Bumpers on the 601A if you opt for the Monotone Paint Package.
Sorry, I didn't clarify. I ordered a 502 A Lariat with the chrome because I couldn't get the sport package with the Antimatter blue. The 2 tone paint was also the only choice if I wanted antimatter blue.
The print out states matching bumpers, but even the ford rep had no idea how it would show up.
It's a Canadian truck so I know that there are some differences.

GoldenGuinea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Ruby Red Lariat Screw
I ordered the antimatter blue for my Lariat. I was having second thoughts after seeing the pictures everyone mentioned however someone else posted video that shows the color much better and I'm going to stick with it.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
I think it’s a really nice looking color. I like the way it looks blue in bright sunlight and black when it’s in the shadows. I believe it’s the same shade of blue that was on my 1993 Thunderbird. Yes it was hard to keep clean but now that I’m over 70, I take my Ruby Red Lariat to the car wash and get their $25 a month unlimited wash package. I plan on ordering a 2021 King Ranch Powerboost but I still have not made up my mind on the color. I think narrowed it down to Antimatter Blue or Rapid Red.

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
I think it’s a really nice looking color. I like the way it looks blue in bright sunlight and black when it’s in the shadows. I believe it’s the same shade of blue that was on my 1993 Thunderbird. Yes it was hard to keep clean but now that I’m over 70, I take my Ruby Red Lariat to the car wash and get their $25 a month unlimited wash package. I plan on ordering a 2021 King Ranch Powerboost but I still have not made up my mind on the color. I think narrowed it down to Antimatter Blue or Rapid Red.
I think it’s going to be great! I’m really fired up about it. I’m hoping it will ship in a week or 2. Build date is supposedly tomorrow
Sponsored