OP
OP
Beardogfriend

Beardogfriend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 2022 platinum powerboost
Update: loved the feel of the sway bar so much decided to do the front as well. I highly recommend both. Feels really tight and handles great. Might have sacrificed a little over bumpy roads but it’s worth it.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
What did you replace the factory front sway bar with?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just curious, because the front sway on the Gen14 isn't required to be nearly as hefty as the previous generation. (a geometric result of the attachment point being moved to the knuckle)
So, did you compare them in diameter? I wouldn't expect it to be dramatically thicker, to be honest. Even 1 mm would be substantial.

OP
OP
Beardogfriend

Beardogfriend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just curious, because the front sway on the Gen14 isn't required to be nearly as hefty as the previous generation. (a geometric result of the attachment point being moved to the knuckle)
So, did you compare them in diameter? I wouldn't expect it to be dramatically thicker, to be honest. Even 1 mm would be substantial.
I didn’t measure them but the Hellwig bar was definitely thicker and heavier, much more substantial.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I didn’t measure them but the Hellwig bar was definitely thicker and heavier, much more substantial.
You're killing me. 😁

I'm currently miffed with Helwig.
I want to give their competition my money. Lol (I don't know of any for the front)

But I KNOW that I would appreciate what that front bar would bring to the chassis dynamics table. I'm such a weak man. 😳😎

OP
OP
Beardogfriend

Beardogfriend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You're killing me. 😁

I want to give their competition my money. Lol (I don't know of any for the front)

But I KNOW that I would appreciate what that front bar would bring to the chassis dynamics table. I'm such a weak man. 😳😎
😂 I didn’t want to fork over anymore money but once that rear one was on, I had to have the front. It does feel really nice now, though.

I, too, am a weak man when it comes to the temptation of mods/upgrades/more power. Cold air, intercooler and tune maybe next? But I do like having a warranty intact, so I must stay strong.

OP
OP
Beardogfriend

Beardogfriend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You're killing me. 😁

Also, note that when the front bar was installed, the truck’s front end seems to sit a little higher now. I have 2 inch drop shackles on the rear and I do not mind this as the truck looks perfectly level now, but some people might not like it.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Also, note that when the front bar was installed, the truck’s front end seems to sit a little higher now.
Why would proper installation of any anti-sway bar have an effect on static ride height?

(other than the minuscule sag introduced by the sprung fraction of its weight)

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Are there aftermarket front sway bar and endlinks urethane bushings available for 2021 and up models?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Beardogfriend

Beardogfriend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why would proper installation of any anti-sway bar have an effect on static ride height?

(other than the minuscule sag introduced by the sprung fraction of its weight)
I’m not a mechanic but I think it supports the weight of the engine better or something. It’s very minuscule but I can see a difference.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
I’m not a mechanic but I think it supports the weight of the engine better or something. It’s very minuscule but I can see a difference.
If the bar is relatively free to rotate in the bushings as it should be, it cannot do anything to lift or support weight at rest; it only serves to transfer torsion from one side to the other when the two wheels move differentially relative to the chassis / body.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
Looking at the two Steeda Bars
The sole difference seems to be the length of the adjustable end-links
Ford F-150 Anti-Sway bars questions 4WD LINK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ford F-150 Anti-Sway bars questions 2WD LINK

I appreciate Steeda's caution in not advertising the 2WD version for 2021+ applications not having tested the fitment themselves. But I'm hard-pressed to foresee any issue using 2WD PN 555-1028 on my 4WD with spacer-blocks removed (the axle is 1.2" closer to the chassis than a stock 4WD F150), especially noting that the 555-1028 is stated to work with up to 2" of lift on the 2WD application. I believe I recall @Snakebitten mentioning that for his 4WD install he adjusted the 4WD end-links to the shortest length (?).

I'm sorely tempted to order the 'short link' 2WD PN 555-1028 for my application - am I bent on a fool's errand / destined for disappointment?

Last edited:

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
Just FYI Belltech also offers a rear anti sway bar for the 2021+ F150, PN 5561. Among its claims are
  • 1" cold formed steel (solid)
  • Heim joints rather than resilient bushings on the end links
  • Polyurethane bushings at the axle mounts
  • Drilling required to install
This bar appears to tuck closer to the axle than the Hellwig and Steeda offerings (the 'saddle' on the axle is not spaced as low below the axle).

Available from several sources at ~$420 with free shipping (google: Belltech 5561)

Installation instructions attached. Again, just posting FYI.
Sponsored

Attachments