First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB
Looks great, see my post about Trim Illusions door handle covers? They'd match perfectly, and they soon will have gloss black mirror caps.
Great build so far!!
Thanks! I found your post on the handle covers, those look great! I'll have to get a set and the mirror covers too. I wonder if they'll offer a tailgate handle cover in the future.
Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
I plan to go by their booth at SEMA. Evan from there, said mirror covers should be a week out.

Reactions: JJC
OP
OP
JJC

JJC

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB
Added Raptor style fender flares. Amazon Link

No instructions are included, the hardware (bag of screws) it comes with is useless. I've installed other flares before so getting proper hardware and installing them wasn't a huge deal for me. Fitment isn't perfect but they do fit nicely into the wheel arches, which is what I wanted. I wrapped over the marker lights as I don't intend on using them.

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0099

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0102

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build 5634D1B4-5963-4273-AA0E-FD9BAD09574B.JPG

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0117 (1)

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_5982

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_5979

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_5978

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Can you show off more pics of the tail lights? That front end turned out so good!

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Love what you did with the grille! What did you use for the mesh? I noticed the emblem part number you posted said it was for a 2020.
Do 2020 emblems fit or did you have to order another emblem?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JJC

JJC

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB
Received my Trim Illusions mirror caps today. Not impressed to say the least. I guess I expected a little higher quality considering the price. These seem no different than the ~$20 covers I put on my 13th gen, actually the finish of these might even be worse.

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0198

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0200

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0201

All was looking fine, so I prepped as noted and installed both sides. Looking closer I noticed several flaws.

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0209

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0202

The edge of the driver's side looks pretty bad. The red is not adhesive or adhesive backing, it's something within the cap and is causing the black finish to chip away.

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0210

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0206

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0207

The passenger edge finish looks smooth as it should.

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0208

Weird seam on both caps that's visible. I thought it was runs in the paint at first, but just a seam, probably due to the complexity of the shape.

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0205

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0203

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0204

I guess I had higher expectations for a set of mirror caps that were ~$80 shipped to my door. I would not buy these again, at least not at this price. I could have had the OEM caps sanded smooth and sprayed for just a little more. Oh well, we'll see how these hold up I guess.

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That really sucks, can we get some feedback on the tails with some pics?

OP
OP
JJC

JJC

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB
Can you show off more pics of the tail lights? That front end turned out so good!
Here are some more of the tails.

DRL is the outer strip and the little marker that's within the side reflectors.

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0212

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0215

Camera corrected the color in this one, they are a true red in person, not orange like they look here.
Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0213

Brake lights are the three "C" shapes. Here they are with and without DRL on.

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0220

Inside of the "C", the top two are amber signals, the bottom is reverse, this is the only pic I took with signal on.

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0219

Brake without DRL.

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0218

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0217

Reverse lights.

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0221

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0222

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG_0223

From afar, the lights look much darker than they actually are. While the lens is slightly tinted, I believe the housing may be black or smoked chrome giving them an even darker look. Before I installed them, I thought there's no way they would illuminate enough, but they have great visibility for as dark as they appear. In close up photos you can really see the housing detail through the lens which shows that they're not completely blacked out.

Editing to add: these lights are plug and play and they have resistors already installed as well. So no modifications required or hyper flashing; true plug and play.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJC

JJC

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB
Love what you did with the grille! What did you use for the mesh? I noticed the emblem part number you posted said it was for a 2020.
Do 2020 emblems fit or did you have to order another emblem?
Thanks, I used XXL Hexagon Mesh from Matt @ Custom Car Grilles. Link to CCG website, he also sells on Etsy, Amazon and eBay. Definitely high-quality mesh, easy to cut and shape, great customer service as well. A 16" x 48" sheet was enough to do the grille.

The 2020 emblems seem to fit 2021+. The part number I posted is for the set I have on now. That might be different if you have a front camera though.

Reactions: 780

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Here are some more of the tails.

DRL is the outer strip and the little marker that's within the side reflectors.

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

Camera corrected the color in this one, they are a true red in person, not orange like they look here.
IMG_0213.jpg

Brake lights are the three "C" shapes. Here they are with and without DRL on.

IMG_0220.jpg

Inside of the "C", the top two are amber signals, the bottom is reverse, this is the only pic I took with signal on.

IMG_0219.jpg

Brake without DRL.

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

Reverse lights.

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

From afar, the lights look much darker than they actually are. While the lens is slightly tinted, I believe the housing may be black or smoked chrome giving them an even darker look. Before I installed them, I thought there's no way they would illuminate enough, but they have great visibility for as dark as they appear. In close up photos you can really see the housing detail through the lens which shows that they're not completely blacked out.

Editing to add: these lights are plug and play and they have resistors already installed as well. So no modifications required or hyper flashing; true plug and play.
Thanks, they really look great. Have you had any problems with the build quality?

When your driving around during the day is the drl on? Or only at night when the headlights are on?
Ford F-150 Another RCSB build E97D3F7B-1CE8-4947-ADE2-2678593FCBA4

The pics show them very dark, are they really that dark in person or do they look like this? Thanks, sorry for all the questions!

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Thanks, I used XXL Hexagon Mesh from Matt @ Custom Car Grilles. Link to CCG website, he also sells on Etsy, Amazon and eBay. Definitely high-quality mesh, easy to cut and shape, great customer service as well. A 16" x 48" sheet was enough to do the grille.

The 2020 emblems seem to fit 2021+. The part number I posted is for the set I have on now. That might be different if you have a front camera though.
Thank you for the link. I do have the front camera....

Clew150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT RCSB
Talked myself out of cutting up a perfectly good BAP grille just to fill the upper notch in.. I also looked into Tremor/BAP hoods and found out the vents are faux, so that wasn't going to happen :ROFLMAO:

Instead, I picked up a Lariat grille, cut away the vertical bars and replaced it with XXL Hexagon Mesh from CCG. Really happy with how it turned out. I've got new headlights on the way so I'm waiting until those arrive to get both the grille and lights swapped out. Should look good!

Inserts removed.

IMG_9773.jpg

Rough progress of cutting away vertical bars + the mesh I used.

IMG_9809.jpg

Finished product w/ Agate Black painted bars & mesh fitted/attached.

IMG_9839.jpg

IMG_9838.jpg
Thats a serious job with some ingenuity. nice work.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Did the Raptor Fender flares come with rubber seal, can we get closer pictures of the fitment?

Really like what you've done.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
I like the wheels, picked up a set with winters on them like new for my Expedition. Thanks for the part# on the gloss center caps. Truck looks 👍.

OP
OP
JJC

JJC

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB
Anyone have suggestions on where to sell a lightly modded truck (mostly cosmetic changes)? I'll be parting ways with this truck soon, as the Maverick I ordered last year should be going into production next week.

Carvana, Carmax & Vroom are all pretty close and actually fairly reasonable offers (28-30k). They of course don't consider any of the modifications and would give me the exact same if I return the truck to stock. I'd really prefer to sell as-is instead of having to revert all of my mods and then sell those parts second-hand after the fact. I've currently got the truck listed on Facebook marketplace which has gotten a ton of interest but that's becoming a huge waste of time filtering out the garbage... Had a decent offer on Carmigo but after submitting a final counteroffer I haven't seen any reply so I'm not sure what's going on with that.

I have it priced at $34,900. ~13,500 miles. Seems reasonable to me :unsure: Any suggestions where to try listing?

Ford F-150 Another RCSB build IMG-1971
Sponsored

Last edited: