Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I came across this video giving a pretty decent demonstration on the Ford F-150’s LED Projector Headlights that are available on the Lariat 502A, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited trims. The poster, JVette01, posted a video a few weeks ago about the F-150 zone lighting as well that I posted here for us.

This video gives a more in depth demonstration at how the LED Projector headlights work, along with a good first look at the “Ice Blue” ambient lighting of the interior when it’s dark.

Also, I know a few of us were discussing the ability of the LED Projector headlight being able to self level on hills. While the poster didn’t directly mention that feature, you can see the headlights run through what appears to be a pre-startup configuration where you can see them adjusting up and down by themselves (at approximately 8:18 in the video). Hopefully that’s an indicator they do self leveling adjustments as well as the “Dynamic Bending”.

Seems like a pretty great set of headlight either way!

Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I came across this video giving a pretty decent demonstration on the Ford F-150’s LED Projector Headlights that are available on the Lariat 502A, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited trims. The poster, JVette01, posted a video a few weeks ago about the F-150 zone lighting as well that I posted here for us.

This video gives a more in depth demonstration at how the LED Projector headlights work, along with a good first look at the “Ice Blue” ambient lighting of the interior when it’s dark.

Also, I know a few of us were discussing the ability of the LED Projector headlight being able to self level on hills. While the poster didn’t directly mention that feature, you can see the headlights run through what appears to be a pre-startup configuration where you can see them adjusting up and down by themselves (at approximately 8:18 in the video). Hopefully that’s an indicator they do self leveling adjustments as well as the “Dynamic Bending”.

That's cool, I looked at my window sticker and I do have the projector headlamps.
I probably never would known the difference if not for your post..
Thanks...

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
That's cool, I looked at my window sticker and I do have the projector headlamps.
I probably never would known the difference if not for your post..
Thanks...
You got it! You have a Platty, right? Standard equipment for you!

longbow42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8L, Ford F150 Platinum PowerBoost

Very cool, thanks! Look forward to my Platty arriving.

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I have seen on a few of the other threads where members are asking other members about headlight alignment with the leveling kit/tires upsizing. If the lights are automatically configuring themselves when they are turned on, can they/will they account the added height?

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
I have seen on a few of the other threads where members are asking other members about headlight alignment with the leveling kit/tires upsizing. If the lights are automatically configuring themselves when they are turned on, can they/will they account the added height?
So, I don't have anything definitive to say, but if you're talking about just a lift, I can't imagine they would adjust, so the beam would go a bit farther with the lift than without...But at the same time, I don't think you'd need to adjust them because the beam will be pointing downward anyways.

If you're wanting to level out the truck, I would guess the headlights will level themselves out. There's probably a gyroscope that tells the headlights what to do, so there should never be a reason to adjust them.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Get the full coverage Ford ESP folks.

More than likely.....and just like the 13th generation F150’s with the OEM LED headlights and taillights, these assemblies are not serviceable so if any part of the assembly fails, the entire assembly has to be replaced.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the cost of “one“ headlight assembly is between $1.7-$2K.

Last edited:

Sponsored

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
Very cool, thanks for the video.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I am happy overall with the new headlights. I just wish the C clamp lights up front were brighter and more intense. It would have looked sick.

Coyote

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 2.7
Occupation
Accountant
I am happy overall with the new headlights. I just wish the C clamp lights up front were brighter and more intense. It would have looked sick.
Interesting comment I saw a new 2021 "in the wild" at night and I thought the C Clamp lights were way too bright, but the guy may have been driving with his headlights off which amplified the C clamp lights, I only had a brief passing glance in a parking lot

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur

Anyone have a chance to test out the auto leveling headlights with a level kit and tires yet?
Sponsored