First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, Premium RWD
Occupation
Retired
Version 2022.07.11 just uploaded to GitHub and (soon) to Play Store. There's been a beta version for the Mach-E floating around for a week, but it took a while to get all the other vehicles (except the Raptor) .

To use, you need to turn on "Enable color display of vehicle" in Settings. An entry will then appear in the three-dot menu for "Set Vehicle Color", which will open a new activity for you to choose the color (if you have multiple vehicles, you need to select the correct VIN first).
Ford F-150 Android widget screenshot_20220711_150844-

When you click "Save" the info is stored in the database.
Sponsored

Roscopcoletrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT...on order
Maybe in a future version we can just get a drop down list of Ford colors. No idea how you'd do that though lol

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Maybe in a future version we can just get a drop down list of Ford colors. No idea how you'd do that though lol
I'm planning to look info scanning the car's image that's already being used in the full-size widget. 🤞

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
Any reason why my 21 Expedition shows the plug-in icon and the hvb status bar?

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Any reason why my 21 Expedition shows the plug-in icon and the hvb status bar?
Probably because the widget doesn't support the Expedition? Because maybe no Expedition owners said "hey, what about..." 😋
#nextversion

Sponsored

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
Probably because the widget doesn't support the Expedition? Because maybe no Expedition owners said "hey, what about..." 😋
#nextversion
Oh, that's a pretty good reason lol.

When I logged in it automatically pulled up my F150 and the Expedition. Then I thought hot damn, didn't know the Expedition could be plugged in :D

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Need a little help... I'd like to automate the vehicle color selection using the images downloaded of the vehicle from Ford's servers, or at least make an approximate first guess. To do so I need other image samples.

If you'd like to contribute, I've created a new issue on GitHub to gather images. First, your phone needs to be rooted (because that's the only way to get the images). Next, check there to see if someone with the same color vehicle has already uploaded an image (and I need regular/supercab/supercrew images too). If not, follow the instruction in the first post for the issue to locate the image and upload it.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Need a little help... I'd like to automate the vehicle color selection using the images downloaded of the vehicle from Ford's servers, or at least make an approximate first guess. To do so I need other image samples.

If you'd like to contribute, I've created a new issue on GitHub to gather images. First, your phone needs to be rooted (because that's the only way to get the images). Next, check there to see if someone with the same color vehicle has already uploaded an image (and I need regular/supercab/supercrew images too). If not, follow the instruction in the first post for the issue to locate the image and upload it.
Not sure if you have my settings, but if you do, feel free to use to get the images for my 2 vehicles. I'm still on a temp phone until I can set up my replacement phone.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Not sure if you have my settings, but if you do, feel free to use to get the images for my 2 vehicles. I'm still on a temp phone until I can set up my replacement phone.
Yes, I've got yours :cool:. Thanks.

rdelar01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302a PB; 2005 MINI Cooper Conv.
Occupation
Analyst
My phone is not rooted, and I wanted to help, so out of curiosity, I went into the configurator and was able to download a very similar image of your Mach E like you had in GitHub.

My 2021 F150 XLT is a Velocity Blue, and no longer available, but back when I was purchasing my truck I had captured a bunch of images. The one I posted is just like the one that is in the widget.

If this does not help in any way, please disregard ;)
Ford F-150 Android widget f150xltsupercrew-velocityblue

Sponsored

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@zhackwyatt reminded me there is a URL anyone can use to download the images seen in the widget:
https://www.digitalservices.ford.com/fs/api/v2/vehicles/image/full?vin=VIN&year=MODELYEAR&countryCode=USA&angle=ANGLE
where VIN is your VIN, MODELYEAR is 2021 or 2022, and ANGLE is 1 through 5. I'm assuming most vehicles are using angle=1, so it would be important to know if your default is something else.

I'm using the sample images is finding a representative 10 by 10 pixel patch to read the color from. I've used my own image to locate one, but getting a few other colors to confirm a consistent match would be great.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
@zhackwyatt reminded me there is a URL anyone can use to download the images seen in the widget:
https://www.digitalservices.ford.com/fs/api/v2/vehicles/image/full?vin=VIN&year=MODELYEAR&countryCode=USA&angle=ANGLE
where VIN is your VIN, MODELYEAR is 2021 or 2022, and ANGLE is 1 through 5. I'm assuming most vehicles are using angle=1, so it would be important to know if your default is something else.

I'm using the sample images is finding a representative 10 by 10 pixel patch to read the color from. I've used my own image to locate one, but getting a few other colors to confirm a consistent match would be great.
Ford F-150 Android widget 1

Hope this helps. Carbonized Grey

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Uploaded version 2022.07.16 to GitHub and Play Store. The main change is the auto-selection of the vehicle color. If you already assigned a color, you can use this by choosing the "Auto" button in the Set Vehicle Color activity. Note: this only works with a specific view (angle 4), so if that isn't available then you won't see the "Auto" button.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Simply amazing
Auto works fine and the truck image was already the appropriate image.

Ford F-150 Android widget Screenshot_20220716-213204_Microsoft Launcher

rdelar01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302a PB; 2005 MINI Cooper Conv.
Occupation
Analyst
Works, but curiously, now it's using another angle on the truck image. It was correct before (angle "1").

Ford F-150 Android widget Screenshot_20220717-000451_One UI Home~2
Sponsored