First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, Premium RWD
Occupation
Retired
I'm looking for a few individuals who'd be interested in being internal testers for the Google Play version. The app will be functionally identical to the GitHub version. If you're interested send me your e-mail address in a DM.
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Last refresh text: 2 hrs ago
Last update pop up 17:47 EDT
Last alarm pop up 17:47 EDT
Current time: 17:50 EDT

widget location: NC
actual location: VA

edit: just checked the fordpass app and it matches the old 2 hour data. so is the issue the Ford app ?

edit2: tried to swipe down ford app to refresh and it just spins like a timeout....

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
I am having the same issue. It's like the widget text does not update, right now it shows last update was 1 hr 27 minutes ago, but when I triple tap it displays at the bottom that it was updated 4 minutes ago.
Also having the same refresh issue. Will try some of the suggestions here. Last update was 8:39 am when dealer started to work on the truck this morning. Tried multiple times and also updated the widget. Thought it was just me!

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
edit2: tried to swipe down ford app to refresh and it just spins like a timeout....
My FordPass is doing the same. I initially thought it was because the truck is in for service - massive module updates. Been at dealers since Monday.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Also having the same refresh issue. Will try some of the suggestions here. Last update was 8:39 am when dealer started to work on the truck this morning. Tried multiple times and also updated the widget. Thought it was just me!
Shut off battery optimization for both the widget and FordPass. Everything now seems to refresh and update. Locked my truck through FordPass since the widget indicated it was unlocked and I know the service dept closes at 5pm. Couldn't lock it through the widget even though it’s turned on in settings.

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Shut off battery optimization for both the widget and FordPass. Everything now seems to refresh and update. Locked my truck through FordPass since the widget indicated it was unlocked and I know the service dept closes at 5pm. Couldn't lock it through the widget even though it’s turned on in settings.
I think that's the key. Have to turn off batt optimization for both apps.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Well, had a small incident last night. Wife called after she got settled in VA. She took the truck to visit family. She called as I was taking the dogs out and I dropped my Pixel 5a on the patio concrete. Now I've dropped my phones all the time over the years, like about once or twice a month, but it has never been a problem. The only problem was about ten years ago when I dropped an iPhone in a toilet, hah. That's another story for another day. Well, this time it must have hit at the wrong angle, right at the corner, and the screen got a very small hairline crack near the impact area and the screen was flickering colors for about minute and then nothing but a small about of flicker in the corner where the crack was. I tried to power it off and on and nothing. So I'm currently phoneless. It kinds feels like I'm back in the 1980s. Maybe I should find some old parachute pants and air jordans to wear to work today, hah. Heading to one of those fixit stores this afternoon and hopefully they can replace the screen and that's all it is. If not, oh boy, may have to find a cheap unlocked phone locally to hold me over the weekend until I can order another Pixel from google. Stay tuned while I do some breakdancing....

Ford F-150 Android widget giphy

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thought I would share something interesting about the widget. Perhaps it kept my dealer service department honest today. As mentioned in an earlier post above, my truck is in for service (since Monday) for massive module updates to include correcting a Rear Brake Assist Malfunction dash message and alarm. Having not heard anything, I called to get status earlier today and they called back about 30 minutes ago. After saying they were having network issues and the updates keep failing, he said the truck was in the bay. I mentioned I hadn't seen any activity on the truck today because I have a widget that works with FordPass and I can see whenever the door is opened, window down and when it's running. I proceeded to tell him there was no activity after I dropped it on Mon, but I saw activity Tue, Wed and yesterday mornings.

After we hung up, lo and behold - I received a FordPass notification and the following widget screen:

Ford F-150 Android widget Screenshot_20220513-155320_One UI Home

Guess they figured they better do something since I was monitoring the truck! Thanks for the widget!

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
Thought I would share something interesting about the widget. Perhaps it kept my dealer service department honest today. As mentioned in an earlier post above, my truck is in for service (since Monday) for massive module updates to include correcting a Rear Brake Assist Malfunction dash message and alarm. Having not heard anything, I called to get status earlier today and they called back about 30 minutes ago. After saying they were having network issues and the updates keep failing, he said the truck was in the bay. I mentioned I hadn't seen any activity on the truck today because I have a widget that works with FordPass and I can see whenever the door is opened, window down and when it's running. I proceeded to tell him there was no activity after I dropped it on Mon, but I saw activity Tue, Wed and yesterday mornings.

After we hung up, lo and behold - I received a FordPass notification and the following widget screen:

Screenshot_20220513-155320_One UI Home.jpg

Guess they figured they better do something since I was monitoring the truck! Thanks for the widget!
It is nice to know when there is activity, but I bet it won't be long until the dealers ask Ford for a back door to shut remote connectivity off while they are in for service.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It is nice to know when there is activity, but I bet it won't be long until the dealers ask Ford for a back door to shut remote connectivity off while they are in for service.
There's that and who knows, maybe they just opened the door, rolled down the window, and started the engine so I would think "something" is happening!

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
There's that and who knows, maybe they just opened the door, rolled down the window, and started the engine so I would think "something" is happening!
Yup - they shut it off and locked it about 30 minutes later! The widget is watching 🤫
Ford F-150 Android widget Screenshot_20220513-181835_One UI Home

• Sad

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
With all the time I have spent lurking and rambling on the forum, how did I miss this?

I'm in.
My first sideload. I figure if Daug trusts it, that's good enough for me. :)

• Haha

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Yup - they shut it off and locked it about 30 minutes later! The widget is watching 🤫
Screenshot_20220513-181835_One UI Home.jpg
And, it seems they put two tires on it :ROFLMAO:

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Well, got my phone back today around noon after having the screen replaced. I just checked the widget and triple tap says updated 2mins ago, but the last refresh says 7 hrs ago. I checked the fordpass app and yep, last update 7 hrs ago. I manually refreshed it and boom, it updated. Batt optimization is off for both. Anyone else have this issue ?
Sponsored