First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Can't wait for it to hit the Play Store and try to install it on my Chromebook! The process to sideload in ChromeOS it's a mess compared to on a phone.
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Can't wait for it to hit the Play Store and try to install it on my Chromebook! The process to sideload in ChromeOS it's a mess compared to on a phone.
I just download the file to your phone and email it to your self ...get your email on your chrome book and install it.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Version 2022.05.12 just uploaded. The changes are described in the change log. I wanted to make everyone aware of my plan to release a version of the app (still free) on the Google Play store in the next one or two weeks. The only internal differences between the versions will the Google Play version won't have checks for app updates (since that will be handled automatically), the package names will be be different, and the icon will display a different vehicle.

Once the app is officially up on the Google Play, I'll either post here to make it known and/or put a link in the change log.
Thanks again for all your work in developing this app for us android users.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I just download the file to your phone and email it to your self ...get your email on your chrome book and install it.
It doesn't work that way for ChromeOS and side loading apps.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Has anyone had refresh issues on Pixel phones ? I have it set to refresh in 30min (default), but I even try manual refreshes from the menu and it rarely updates. Right now the last refresh was 1hr 34min ago. It seems like maybe a permissions issue ? I thought maybe it was something with an older version of the widget as this was one reason I removed it a while back as it would go days without refreshing, but just tried the current version and it's doing the same thing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, Premium RWD
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone had refresh issues on Pixel phones ? I have it set to refresh in 30min (default), but I even try manual refreshes from the menu and it rarely updates. Right now the last refresh was 1hr 34min ago. It seems like maybe a permissions issue ? I thought maybe it was an older version of the widget as this was one reason I removed it a while back as it would go days without refreshing, but just tried the current version and it's doing the same thing.
Did you turn off Battery Optimization?

Go to Settings, scroll to Battery Optimization. If it shows On, tap on it and find the app (select All Apps first), and select No Optimization.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Did you turn off Battery Optimization?

Go to Settings, scroll to Battery Optimization. If it shows On, tap on it and find the app (select All Apps first), and select No Optimization.
It was on, turned it off. Did manual refresh. Still showing 1hr 49 min ago.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
After about 10 manual attempts, it finally updated. I'll walk away and see if gets past 30 min again... unless you suggest any troubleshooting.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It was on, turned it off. Did manual refresh. Still showing 1hr 49 min ago.
Triple-tap on "Last refresh" and it will display when it got the last update and when the last alarm went off (usually they are the same, but if there was a network issue the alarm time will be later). If those aren't changing, then there's some other problem. You'll need to turn enable logging and upload the log to GitHub (let it run long enough to do a refresh).

Be aware that the last refresh time is the last time the vehicle reported an update, not the last time the app did a refresh.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Triple-tap on "Last refresh" and it will display when it got the last update and when the last alarm went off (usually they are the same, but if there was a network issue the alarm time will be later). If those aren't changing, then there's some other problem. You'll need to turn enable logging and upload the log to GitHub (let it run long enough to do a refresh).

Be aware that the last refresh time is the last time the vehicle reported an update, not the last time the app did a refresh.
Widget is still showing last refresh of 1 min from just like when I posted a few mins ago that it finally updated, but triple tap says 15:47 EDT, which was 8 mins ago, so this tells me the widget itself isn't updating the UI versus a data issue.

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I've turned on logging in case you need those, but does the logging capture when the widget updates the UI text ?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Both last update and last alarm are both 15:47, but the display still says last refresh 1 min ago.

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Widget is still showing last refresh of 1 min from just like when I posted a few mins ago that it finally updated, but triple tap says 15:47 EDT, which was 8 mins ago, so this tells me the widget itself isn't updating the UI versus a data issue.
I am having the same issue. It's like the widget text does not update, right now it shows last update was 1 hr 27 minutes ago, but when I triple tap it displays at the bottom that it was updated 4 minutes ago.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I am having the same issue. It's like the widget text does not update, right now it shows last update was 1 hr 27 minutes ago, but when I triple tap it displays at the bottom that it was updated 4 minutes ago.
If you turn on logging, it will write info to the log when the widget update is called. I can then compare those to the data read from Ford's servers.
Sponsored