Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver
Here are the 3 versions for ya.
Let's see how this looks on your end.
This is a 23 150 Platinum BTW

Sync Version.jpg

Power-Up Version.jpg

T-Box Version.jpg

I'll get some pictures when I get home but my tbox version is dated 2023-4-8, my truck is on power up 4.2.3 and downloading 4.2.4 as I type this

Well, was fun while it lasted, crap!

Used the truck this morning and all was well with the Ai Box in fullscreen. This afternoon, when my phone's Android Auto came back up, it had a new WELCOME SCREEN for Android Auto, I pressed CONTINUE and my smile melted. Now, back to suffering with the same issue as everyone else. A quick glance at the updates shows a different version on both.

Not sure what this means as far as getting it working again, but now we're getting closer to knowing why mine worked and others did not. Emailing the guys at Carlinkit now, wish me luck!

Bummer!!

Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc Worked PowerU

Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc Worked Sync

Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc New PowerU

Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc New Sync

Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc Bummer Small Screen

Conniemac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Well, was fun while it lasted, crap!

Used the truck this morning and all was well with the Ai Box in fullscreen. This afternoon, when my phone's Android Auto came back up, it had a new WELCOME SCREEN for Android Auto, I pressed CONTINUE and my smile melted. Now, back to suffering with the same issue as everyone else. A quick glance at the updates shows a different version on both.

Not sure what this means as far as getting it working again, but now we're getting closer to knowing why mine worked and others did not. Emailing the guys at Carlinkit now, wish me luck!

Bummer!!

Worked PowerUp.jpg

Worked Sync.jpg

New PowerUp.jpg

New Sync.jpg

Bummer Small Screen.jpg
Thats what was different between our two setups, my truck was on sync version 23013 Rev 713. Makes since now. Hopefully carlinkit can fix it with an update

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thats what was different between our two setups, my truck was on sync version 23013 Rev 713. Makes since now. Hopefully carlinkit can fix it with an update

Sent a detailed email, we shall see. Naviks with an Nvidia Shield plugged into the HDMI seems update proof at this point but I'm trying my best not to do deep dive into the dash on this vehicle lol

Conniemac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Sent a detailed email, we shall see. Naviks with an Nvidia Shield plugged into the HDMI seems update proof at this point but I'm trying my best not to do deep dives into the dash on this vehicle lol
I agree, a bit more expensive but you do get to use the actual whole screen.

Sponsored

OP
OP
m_bt54

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I know I have mentioned it a few times on this thread, but I love my Naviks, which I am mostly using with a Chromecast with Google TV these days.

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Love my Naviks too. Just wish I could do inputs in motion like on gps etc. had to unplug my device that allowed it with I got naviks as they use same main cable.

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Heard back the same day from Carlinikit, gotta love the fast response. They sent me an updated firmware and asked me to update the TBox. Did that today and here are the results.

The first photo shows the updated firmware for the TBox

Second, shows the original screen size of the TBox using the firmware that did work on my truck until the Ford update. Notice how the TBox is actually in fullscreen in the background and the Ford widget is on top of the TBox interface. Right after the update finished, it displayed an arrow down button and said RESIZE RESOLUTION. My hopes were high! After pressing the button, it rebooted and came up to photo 3 :-(

Photo 3 shows the current state of the TBox, I can't get it to go fullscreen. Notice the TBox interface actually fits in the smaller screen without the widget cutting it off (the overlay effect).

While this is not the solution we are seeking, at least I can see the entire image until we get it resolved. I have emailed all the details back to Carlinkit. Will be sure to keep you guys posted.

Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc Updated TBox 4.25.23

Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc 20230425_193720

Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc 20230425_194954

Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc 20230425_195409

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
Heard back the same day from Carlinikit, gotta love the fast response. They sent me an updated firmware and asked me to update the TBox. Did that today and here are the results.

The first photo shows the updated firmware for the TBox

Second, shows the original screen size of the TBox using the firmware that did work on my truck until the Ford update. Notice how the TBox is actually in fullscreen in the background and the Ford widget is on top of the TBox interface. Right after the update finished, it displayed an arrow down button and said RESIZE RESOLUTION. My hopes were high! After pressing the button, it rebooted and came up to photo 3 :-(

Photo 3 shows the current state of the TBox, I can't get it to go fullscreen. Notice the TBox interface actually fits in the smaller screen without the widget cutting it off (the overlay effect).

While this is not the solution we are seeking, at least I can see the entire image until we get it resolved. I have emailed all the details back to Carlinkit. Will be sure to keep you guys posted.

Updated TBox 4.25.23.jpg

20230425_193720.jpg

20230425_194954.jpg

20230425_195409.jpg
I did the firmware update and finally got it going.
Not full screen but works. Though when I use YouTube tv the left side of the screen is covered by the menu.

Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc IMG_4902

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did the firmware update and finally got it going.
Not full screen but works. Though when I use YouTube tv the left side of the screen is covered by the menu.

IMG_4902.jpeg
That's good news from not working at all on your end. As for Fullscreen....

Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc spaceballs-yogurt-may-the-schwartz-be-with-you-asgnc8patz6tt5m6

Sponsored

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
That's good news from not working at all on your end. As for Fullscreen....

spaceballs-yogurt-may-the-schwartz-be-with-you-asgnc8patz6tt5m6.gif
Yeah I’ll take it. Works well for what I wanted for. Full screen some day maybe.

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, looks like Carlinkit is throwing in the towel. Here's their reply. Have a few days left on my return window. I'll be returning this unit and trying some others. If I get anything working, I'll be sure to keep you guys posted.

Giveth and taketh away 😭

Carlinkit Reply:

The Ford widget on the right side can not be moved. This problem can not be solved yet. Also, this problem is just for Ford models.:(

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Don’t waste your time our money on other models. I have already done that and with the new updates ford pushing out none of them work. I love my Navis but it also has drawbacks. You get the full screen but have to switch over every time and loose all the factory stuff and have to trick the audio with a usb to get that and then you have to provide a source of video as it has. no OS on it.

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Don’t waste your time our money on other models. I have already done that and with the new updates ford pushing out none of them work. I love my Navis but it also has drawbacks. You get the full screen but have to switch over every time and loose all the factory stuff and have to trick the audio with a usb to get that and then you have to provide a source of video as it has. no OS on it.

Yes, the naviks looks neat when the video is playing in fullscreen but that's where the attraction ends for me. It seems very slow to respond, and all those button tricks seems very odd to me. Not to mention still need a source/player on top of the naviks unit. Integration with the factory Sync system is the way to go. How and when that happens, who the heck knows.

elibb98

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT
Well, looks like Carlinkit is throwing in the towel. Here's their reply. Have a few days left on my return window. I'll be returning this unit and trying some others. If I get anything working, I'll be sure to keep you guys posted.

Giveth and taketh away 😭

Carlinkit Reply:

The Ford widget on the right side can not be moved. This problem can not be solved yet. Also, this problem is just for Ford models.:(

I don't know if that's true about the widget. I have the AIBox as well and also purchased the carluex pro. After an update a few days ago, the carluex will do full screen, especially after I'm using wireless carplay in fullscreen.

Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc Screenshot 2023-05-04 214216
Sponsored