Sponsored

Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc

Conniemac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
FULLSCREEN SOLVED:

Looks like good news for fullscreen with the box I tried today. The trick below might even work to get the older boxes working if someone wants to try. Here's what worked for me to get the fullscreen experience shown below. Works pretty darn well too. Nice having a full Play Store for apps.

Box: Carlinkit
CPC200-Tbox Plus

Truck: 23 150 Platinum

When I first tried to set the box up, it was having the same issues as the others, no fullscreen.

This worked for me. I have a Samsung Android S22+ phone. Guessing it would work doing the same steps below with iPhone/CarPlay. Box supports both systems. The box actually connects through the truck's wired port and runs through the CarPlay app built in Sync. The box runs Android 12, it just has a CarPlay look.

Turn your truck on, let it wake up, and connect to Android Auto wirelessly with your phone. On the Sync screen, open Android Auto and make sure it's in fullscreen mode. Meaning the map uses the entire screen, that kind of thing. No Ford widget on the right side. This seems to set the stage for the Android box to open in fullscreen mode. Now, plug the box into the truck's USB port. I used the C (small) port next to the wireless charger base. Give it a little time to boot, you will see a banner across the top of the Sync screen that "CarPlay... available".

Now, go to the SETTINGS in Sync, then PHONE LIST. You should see your phone in this list as well as the AutoKit T-Box Plus. To the right of the T-Box Plus - Press the CarPaly Icon.

This will open the Android Operating system interface in Fullscreen Mode where you can download apps from the Play Store.

Hope this helps

20230416_185920.jpg
20230416_162309.jpg
I have the same box as you, but unfortunately I could not get this to work. I must be doing something wrong.
Sponsored

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Platinum BAP 4x4 5.3L Iconic Silver
I have the same box as you, but unfortunately I could not get this to work. I must be doing something wrong.
If you are able to see your Android Auto from your phone in full screen, you should get it working is my thought. At this point, I just leave the Carlinkit box plugged in all the time. I'm using the smaller USB C port right under the radio, wireless charger base area. Doesn't work using port under the center console.

When the truck wakes up, I just wait for the phones Android Auto. Make sure you have pressed the Android Auto button on the sync screen to make it full screen. For example, Press MAPS app icon in on Sync, the Google Map should appear full screen left to right. Give the Carlinkit box a min or 2 to wakeup. You'll see the notification at the top of Sync flash briefly letting you know it is connected. Now, go SETTING then PHONE LIST. Press the CARPLAY icon to the right of the T-BOX in the list.

Let me know if this doesn't work. I been meaning to do a video anyway.

Conniemac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
If you are able to see your Android Auto from your phone in full screen, you should get it working is my thought. At this point, I just leave the Carlinkit box plugged in all the time. I'm using the smaller USB C port right under the radio, wireless charger base area. Doesn't work using port under the center console.

When the truck wakes up, I just wait for the phones Android Auto. Make sure you have pressed the Android Auto button on the sync screen to make it full screen. For example, Press MAPS app icon in on Sync, the Google Map should appear full screen left to right. Give the Carlinkit box a min or 2 to wakeup. You'll see the notification at the top of Sync flash briefly letting you know it is connected. Now, go SETTING then PHONE LIST. Press the CARPLAY icon to the right of the T-BOX in the list.

Let me know if this doesn't work. I been meaning to do a video anyway.
That's exactly what I was doing, maps full screen on Android Auto, plug in box, select it but when it loads the ford widget pops back. So the T-BOX only shows partial screen. The only difference is I did update the firmware from thier website which stated under the release notes that the F150 screen problem was resolved, which for me it is not.

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's exactly what I was doing, maps full screen on Android Auto, plug in box, select it but when it loads the ford widget pops back. So the T-BOX only shows partial screen. The only difference is I did update the firmware from thier website which stated under the release notes that the F150 screen problem was resolved, which for me it is not.

I'm not around the truck right now but I'll get a screenshot of the current software version. Maybe check yours for the box and truck and we can compare.

Tell ya this, not being a current AT&T customer sucks to be limited to data plan of 2 Gig. We're on Verizon, ended up doing a wireless hotspot (jetpack) to get enough data. Without having the AT&T plan, guessing I'd have no remote start and Ford pass updates? Thinking I'll have to have both plans to keep the truck going and get a real data plan for the Carlinkit, tablets and phones.

Conniemac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
I'm not around the truck right now but I'll get a screenshot of the current software version. Maybe check yours for the box and truck and we can compare.

Tell ya this, not being a current AT&T customer sucks to be limited to data plan of 2 Gig. We're on Verizon, ended up doing a wireless hotspot (jetpack) to get enough data. Without having the AT&T plan, guessing I'd have no remote start and Ford pass updates? Thinking I'll have to have both plans to keep the truck going and get a real data plan for the Carlinkit, tablets and phones.
When I get back to my truck I'll get a picture of the firmware also.

I have a T-mobile sim in mine. Works pretty well..

Sponsored

Conniemac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Here are the 3 versions for ya.
Let's see how this looks on your end.
This is a 23 150 Platinum BTW

Sync Version.jpg

Power-Up Version.jpg

T-Box Version.jpg
I'll get some pictures when I get home but my tbox version is dated 2023-4-8, my truck is on power up 4.2.3 and downloading 4.2.4 as I type this

FirstTimeFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'll get some pictures when I get home but my tbox version is dated 2023-4-8, my truck is on power up 4.2.3 and downloading 4.2.4 as I type this

Interesting. See you have a 22 Platty. Do you have Powerboost? Was wondering why we were on such different versions with Ford.

Guessing downgrading the T-BOX would be the easiest to dry?

Conniemac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Interesting. See you have a 22 Platty. Do you have Powerboost? Was wondering why we were on such different versions with Ford.

Yes it's a powerboost. I posted about power up update 4.2.3 a couple weeks ago, with a screenshot. Nobody else on this forum confirmed they got it thou.

I think I'm gonna try to downgrade the firmware, I'll check the site to see if the version you have is on there. I'll let cha know. Thanks for all your help

Sponsored

Conniemac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum

Welp, no go. Got the firmware downgraded, retried the steps you provided, and now the ford widget card tries to slide away but comes right back. I'm done messing around with it tonight due to frustration. Thanks again.

THNKTWCE

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F 150
It’s a little frustrating especially knowing it’s worked for others….​

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
It’s a little frustrating especially knowing it’s worked for others….​

i have tried so many differnt ones and ways and never got to work. I dont even mess with them anymore.

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
I purchased the same box. Cannot get it to connect.
Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc IMG_4890
Sponsored