First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
I have the "Stream to your Car" and mine also won't go full screen. Have zero problems with full screen through my regular CarPlay since the update. It sounds like some of these streaming boxes may have limitations.
I think the problem is they trick the carplay in the truck, but they dont fully mimic the phones software.
Sponsored

OP
OP
m_bt54

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
please do !!! I tried the MMB, Androoid Tv box 11.0, Carlinkit V4 and a unnamed brand.
The one I bought is on your list so I don’t have very high hopes

OP
OP
m_bt54

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Director
I have the Navkis unit that does take over the screen but i cant find anything that will let me install my directv app. I have a apple TV box connected but it only allows Directv stream and not paying when my directv app does for free.
Why not use the Naviks with the Lightning to HDMI adapter connected to your iPhone (or usb-c to hdmi if you have an android?) I don’t have DIRECTV so I’m not familiar with it’s limitations with hdmi out if there are any.

Last edited:

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Why not use the Naviks with the Lightning to HDMI adapter connected to your iPhone (or usb-c to hdmi if you have an android?) I don’t have DIRECTV so I’m not familiar with it’s limitations with hdmi out if there are any.
We are on the same brain wave. That’s how mine is currently set up , but for some dam reason no sound for that stupid app. All the other like Netflix, YouTube work flawlessly. DIRECTV won’t give any support either.

OP
OP
m_bt54

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Director
I thought about the Naviks but I don’t want to spend that kind of money. I have xfinity and as long as I vpn into my home network first I am usually good. Sounds like Naviks might be my only option but I guess I’ll see what happens when this android box arrives

Sponsored

Jbcaindo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB
Occupation
Power dude.
They're not going full screen because they are an older android OS pre-full screen.

OP
OP
m_bt54

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Director
Unfortunately no luck here either. I was holding on to hope because I was getting some support with adjusting resolutions using a maintenance menu but nothing worked.

Honestly, the devices seem like junk anyway and I don’t think I would have been happy with it even if I got it full screen. The CarPlay experience through the device was unreliable. Sometimes it would connect. Sometimes it wouldn’t. The android device itself would get slow and laggy. It would fight with my phone for CarPlay and make it difficult to connect my phone directly to the truck.

I just installed a Naviks today and am much happier with it in every way other than the price.

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Unfortunately no luck here either. I was holding on to hope because I was getting some support with adjusting resolutions using a maintenance menu but nothing worked.

Honestly, the devices seem like junk anyway and I don’t think I would have been happy with it even if I got it full screen. The CarPlay experience through the device was unreliable. Sometimes it would connect. Sometimes it wouldn’t. The android device itself would get slow and laggy. It would fight with my phone for CarPlay and make it difficult to connect my phone directly to the truck.

I just installed a Naviks today and am much happier with it in every way other than the price.
Guess old saying true!! You get what you pay for.

Sponsored

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
It will work but only uses the 8" portion of your screen. If you have a 12" screen it will not resize to fit the new car play expanded view or Android Auto.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Well maybe they are finally getting that sorted out... Saw this on the 22+ Superduty group, says he's using a MMB MAX, was good enough for me as that's exactly what I want and should have one by Friday so will update then on what I find. If no go, straight back to Amazon it goes.

https://www.amazon.com/MMB-Multimedia-Wireless-CarPlay-Adapter/dp/B0B9G5JTZF

Ford F-150 Android Streaming boxes - MMB, Magic Box, Carlinkit, etc 1678335392543

Also this guy does about the best media box reviews I've found so far.

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Well maybe they are finally getting that sorted out... Saw this on the 22+ Superduty group, says he's using a MMB MAX, was good enough for me as that's exactly what I want and should have one by Friday so will update then on what I find. If no go, straight back to Amazon it goes.

https://www.amazon.com/MMB-Multimedia-Wireless-CarPlay-Adapter/dp/B0B9G5JTZF

1678335392543.png

Also this guy does about the best media box reviews I've found so far.

That would be cool if it does let me know please

OP
OP
m_bt54

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Director
Looks promising but I had a lot of issues with the few of these I tried previously on top of not being able to go full screen.

I experienced a lot of connection issues. It made CarPlay a pain to use because it was passing through this device (or fighting for control with it if I didn’t pass through) and the interface and apps were very laggy. Hopefully they worked some or all of these things out as well.
Sponsored