First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Occupation
Military
Today I picked up a new '21 XL/STX and Android Auto is not functioning the same way it did for me on my Sync 3 F250.

Previously while running Android Auto, I could hit the "voice command" button on the steering wheel and google assistant would take my command to navigate, call, tune, etc.

With this new '21 it seems Sync4 wants to handle all of the voice commands, which I personally hate as it will not access AA functions. (i.e. "Play New Edition on Pandora" or "Navigate Home".) while running the actual AA program (maps or Pandora).

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know of a fix? Phone is a Galaxy S21. I've tried wireless and wired to no avail.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hawkeye

Hawkeye

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Occupation
Military
So I managed to find the solution to this: Holding down vs press/releasing the voice command button activates Android Auto google assistant.

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
FYI, if you use a VPN on your Cell Phone it needs to be disabled or Android Auto will not start on your 12" screen

RJ82

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So I managed to find the solution to this: Holding down vs press/releasing the voice command button activates Android Auto google assistant.
Good to know will try that...but I just say "hey google" or "ok ford" depending which assistant I want.
Sponsored