First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hey guys, for those want to try Cool Walk, there is a download to the .apk available here:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/android-auto-8-6-1246-release/

I don't have full-screen yet, but I just installed it on my phone and it didn't explode, so it is safe to install. I have not gone out to my truck to try it yet as I am at work for a few more hours, but when I check the software version of AA on my phone, it says 8.6.124644, so it did install correctly.

Please note: You may have to give your browser permission to install third party apps to get it to install after you download it. Interested to see what it looks like with you guys that have full-screen capability already.
Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
I'm in the AA Beta program and can confirm that's the latest version number. No full screen here either yet but the menus and navigation are definitely easier to use now.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Keep in mind for those that are not savvy to these types of things: It is in beta, so it is not on the Play Store yet. When they do release a new version, you will have to go to the link and download the new version from there. This will be the case until it is ready to be released to the public entirely and it appears on the Play Store.

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
I'm going to grab it, but I still need the sync update... :cautious:

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
CoolWalk is activated from the server side, so just downloading the beta doesn't guarantee it. I had been running the betas after the CoolWalk rollout and didn't get it until I lucked into one of the recent official beta openings.

Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I just downloaded it from APK store. I don't see any noticeable difference. Guess I have to wait for official release. Oh well!

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
CoolWalk is activated from the server side, so just downloading the beta doesn't guarantee it. I had been running the betas after the CoolWalk rollout and didn't get it until I lucked into one of the recent official beta openings.
Really? That would explain why I'm having trouble seeing much difference between what I have now and what I had before. I could have sworn the background is different and the icons changed a bit.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Really? That would explain why I'm having trouble seeing much difference between what I have now and what I had before. I could have sworn the background is different and the icons changed a bit.
This is more of what it'll look like.
Ford F-150 Android Auto Coolwalk Beta download available 1669818923455

Sponsored

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
This is more of what it'll look like.
I don't have the full-screen update yet, so I didn't expect that part of it, but yes......I see that is very different from what I have.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I don't have the full-screen update yet
That's another thing, full screen on the 12in isn't required to make use of it. Smaller screens will still get the grid display with multiple apps. It's actually made to make more use of those displays.
Sponsored