Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Keep in mind that just because you're running a beta version doesn't mean you are going to get coolwalk because this is a server side feature flag that Google needs to initiate. I've seen several users on the Reddit forum attempt to enable by using the beta version without luck (still worth a try though). I can confirm that the latest Beta version is 8.5.124504
Ah ha, thanks
Ok then I'm not missing anything being that I'm still stuck on 3.5.2... I (think I) need Ford to get me to Sync ver 22228 AND Google needs to flip the Cool Walk switch behind the scenes. Patience is a virtue!
Sponsored

OP
OP
zacko11288

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
Ah ha, thanks
Ok then I'm not missing anything being that I'm still stuck on 3.5.2... I (think I) need Ford to get me to Sync ver 22228 AND Google needs to flip the Cool Walk switch behind the scenes. Patience is a virtue!
Correct, both updates kind of came together in the past month so it's been exciting to see.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I'm stuck too. My truck has no pending OTAs so I think I'm on 3.5.2, but cannot confirm.

For the time being, I've been using the factory navigation, which has been great so far.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
There are a few APK mirror sites to download Beta versions of AA from and none of them show any AA version more recent than 11/9/2022. I have been checking daily and nothing since the 9th - version "8.5.1245 beta". Does anyone know another source for the Cool Walk APK Beta file(s)?
Only way to get coolwalk to work right now if you aren't in the beta is if your phone is rooted. Then you also need to be running the AA beta apk along with AA-AIO-TWEAKER to actually enable the coolwalk code. And even then, especially here recently in the past few months, it's very temperamental since it is enable from the server/Play Services side, it likes to get disabled again shortly after the first run, if not right after. There are a number of threads on this exact topic on other forums. I got it working on an old phone but it is so outdated it just kept crashing AA.

Just got my hands on my, new to me, personal phone yesterday so working on getting it rooted then trying again. However at this point I don't think the juice will be worth the squeeze, but I'm persistent enough and want to try it out just to say I did at this point.

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Multiple Reddit users are now reporting that the beta is open again. Go sign up now!
Of course, I did see this until midday today and yesterday was like the one day in the past week I didn't check the beta sign up page... oh well.

I got crafty and got it working the backdoor way for now on a slightly older beta version of AA from a couple weeks ago since they seem to have it really locked down on the latest build. Overall its pretty slick, but unfortunately the only thing you can go full widescreen with right now is the map, and that's all I've found thus far. It'll be really cool down the road once apps catch up and can utilize the the full space exclusively, if they'll even be able to I guess.

Ford F-150 Android Auto Cool Walk update now live for Beta Users 1668656111326
Sponsored