And now the decisions . . .

LTDXLT

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 XLT
Ok guys, just picked up my new XLT and now looking to improve it's stance. I'll preface this discuss with the fact that I've never leveled or lifted my trucks. Due to my commute i went with the 2.7L V6 2WD. I won't be taking this off-road much but want it to sit a bit higher, with a slightly bigger tire that give the truck a "high, slim" look rather than a "short, wide" look, if that makes sense. I'm thinking i want a slightly higher look than a level kit, but still undecided. I don't want to sacrifice a whole lot of ride comfort, although I'm going into this with the knowledge that the stock set-up is probably the smoothest ride.

For those of you with lifts/levels, what brand/size/type would you go with knowing the info above and why? Brands to stay away from? Anticipated costs for labor? Also, what tire style and size would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
There are a few leveling sizes to go with. I think from 1" up to 3". Above that you are looking at a lift. I'm not an expert, so I could be off on that. Personally, I went with the Rough Country 2" level since that's what the dealership had in stock. I had it on my 2015 F150 also. I have no complaints about it at all. The Ready Lift is probably the most popular though. It cost me right at $500 for the kit, install, and alignment. I went with 285/65/20 since I wanted a taller, slightly wider tire.

For what you want, I'd recommend a 2" level with a 275/65/20 (or something similar if you have 18" wheels). I'm wary of going more than 2" since the cameras/sensors for lane keeping can have issues in my experience.

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I went Ready Lift because it was so popular here, and also cheap enough that I could remove if I didnt like it. Was out teh door $600, that included the kit, install, and alignment. Ride quaity is fantastic. No change to any of teh trucks tech either.

OP
OP

LTDXLT

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 XLT
I went Ready Lift because it was so popular here, and also cheap enough that I could remove if I didnt like it. Was out teh door $600, that included the kit, install, and alignment. Ride quaity is fantastic. No change to any of teh trucks tech either.
thanks! What tire set-up did you go with?

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur