Sponsored

AMP Research Running Boards feedback / review?

jcarrico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Has anyone received there Amp power step, for 2021 f-150? I called Amp two weeks ago, and they said they have started shipping. Called my vendor 4 Wheel Parts, last week. They are a big out fit, they have not seen any.
Did 4 Wheel Parts give you a good price?
Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Amp’s site says it fits Scab trucks but in the cart it’s listed as all cab sizes. So my question is, being universal fit, how well does it actually fit a scab truck?

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
$1500.00, from 4 wheel parts. Everyone looked to be all the same price. Down load the instructions. you will see that you have to cut to length for the scab truck.

ReactiveD

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
If someone has their running boards installed can you take a picture of the odb2 connector. I am curious to see if my connector pins are in the correct spot.

Sponsored

ReactiveD

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Are you having an issue?
Yes i am. And I tried to hardwire them in, but can only get the front drivers side door to trigger them.

I am looking for door trigger wires in the BCM in passenger kick, blue 52 pin plug (J5-E). I looked on 12volt and one of the four wires was correct. The left front door is the correct location, but the left rear, right front and right rear was incorrect. Per them, they showed the locations of 21, 46 and 19. Left rear door, pin 46 had no ground to that wire when the door is opened or closed. The right side doors, wires 21 and 19 had a open circuit (negative trigger) but only when the doors are closed, when the are open they had nothing.

This is the last I have to do.

thank you very much for your help.

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
There is another Amp power step thread on here that was started by Sentinel1201 on Jun. 11. Good photos and info. Check it out.

jcarrico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes i am. And I tried to hardwire them in, but can only get the front drivers side door to trigger them.

I am looking for door trigger wires in the BCM in passenger kick, blue 52 pin plug (J5-E). I looked on 12volt and one of the four wires was correct. The left front door is the correct location, but the left rear, right front and right rear was incorrect. Per them, they showed the locations of 21, 46 and 19. Left rear door, pin 46 had no ground to that wire when the door is opened or closed. The right side doors, wires 21 and 19 had a open circuit (negative trigger) but only when the doors are closed, when the are open they had nothing.

This is the last I have to do.

thank you very much for your help.
I had an issue with mine, where I found that the instructions from Amp were incorrect. They had the wire colors listed wrong. Below is the thread where we worked it out.

As a side note. You can test the actual boards themselves by grounding the purple wires. They should deploy when grounded. If one or both do not, the issue is elsewhere.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/adding-amp-power-step-to-21-lariat-super-crew.4133/page-2

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
So guys, how sure are you that AMP power boards and power boards installed from Ford factory are not both made by AMP? Everything i’ve seen so far people are saying that factory power boards are indeed an AMP product custom made for Ford.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So guys, how sure are you that AMP power boards and power boards installed from Ford factory are not both made by AMP? Everything i’ve seen so far people are saying that factory power boards are indeed an AMP product custom made for Ford.
Factory power boards are made by Magna for the 2021+ model year. They were AMP for the last generation.

Sponsored

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
Factory power boards are made by Magna for the 2021+ model year. They were AMP for the last generation.
Thanks Pioneer, I did not know this. Do you happen to know if the same applies to 2021/2022 superduties? Who makes SD factory power boards?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks Pioneer, I did not know this. Do you happen to know if the same applies to 2021/2022 superduties? Who makes SD factory power boards?
I don't know. I only found out the vendor switch for the F150 because "Magna" is stenciled on the incoming racks. Maybe somebody from Kentucky can look at their racks.
Sponsored