Sponsored

Amp research power steps on a PowerBoost?

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
Has any body installed amp power steps on their power boost? I ordered a set back in June thru 4 Wheel Parts and they just arrived but now there saying that they don't fit the power boost because the step motor is to close to battery cooling line. Anybody have them installed?
Sponsored

Sentinel1201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm guessing there is more aftermarket stuff that is currently being NOT listed for 2021, and specifically the Powerboost, that can be overcome with a little effort.

Ratkiller

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150 Lariat 4wd and 23' F150 XLT 2wd
Does any know if the connections for Amp Power steps for an 2020 F150 can be modified to work on a 2021? I'm having trouble find what to tap into for the 2 purple trigger wires.

Sponsored

D2thejr24

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

D2thejr24

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Has any body installed amp power steps on their power boost? I ordered a set back in June thru 4 Wheel Parts and they just arrived but now there saying that they don't fit the power boost because the step motor is to close to battery cooling line. Anybody have them installed?
Did you put the steps in?? Any issues so far?

OP
OP
tn.lariat

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
I haven't not keen on moving cooling lines. hopefully amp research will address this issue this year. I put a set of new OEM steps on that I got off ebay for $150. and will wait.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I've created a new method for putting these steps onto the powerboost that, outside of adding 2 holes for wire routing, eliminates the compatibility issues with the hybrid cooling system. It also routes the wires in a significantly better location and removes the control module from under the hood and places it inside of the truck. It will be this weekend or sometime next week I get around to finishing it up / taking some pics.

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
This is what I put on mine. https://www.ariesautomotive.com/running-boards-side-bars/actiontrac-powered-running-boards

The motor is inside the step so it bolts right up to the PB. The Aries steps are less expensive than the Amps but install is much more involved. Install involves wires run under the carpet, control box mounting under the back seat and an on/off switch put in the dash.

You get two steps up into the truck with the Aries. I have a 3" lift on my truck, the power step drops down 8". They are really best on a lifted truck. I try to post some pictures tomorrow.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
This is what I put on mine. https://www.ariesautomotive.com/running-boards-side-bars/actiontrac-powered-running-boards

The motor is inside the step so it bolts right up to the PB. The Aries steps are less expensive than the Amps but install is much more involved. Install involves wires run under the carpet, control box mounting under the back seat and an on/off switch put in the dash.

You get two steps up into the truck with the Aries. I have a 3" lift on my truck, the power step drops down 8". They are really best on a lifted truck. I try to post some pictures tomorrow.
Anything is better than factory -- the factory looks okay, but the fact that any large shoe stepping onto the bar can contact the body is just a poor design. I like the hidden look of the AMP, plus I know where to get it for $1450 shipped. They had a $100 rebate when I purchased that I'm hoping they let stack as it didn't come out of their pocket (the discount) and they have price floor advertising (thus everyone having the same advertised price). I have a black truck so they're hidden entirely when stored.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Pretty slick!
But kinda begs for a lift.
Sponsored