Ambient Lighting Battery Drain

blueovalguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
I have a Powerboost 502a and I just noticed when I lock my truck and came back about 5 min later the ambient light near the phone holder and the one that hits the center floor in the rear are still on. Is this a security feature? Anyone else have this?
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I have a Powerboost 502a and I just noticed when I lock my truck and came back about 5 min later the ambient light near the phone holder and the one that hits the center floor in the rear are still on. Is this a security feature? Anyone else have this?
Mine does too. That is the only ambient light that stays on. It eventually goes off, and has not caused any battery/start up issues so far.

OP
OP

blueovalguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Mine does too. That is the only ambient light that stays on. It eventually goes off, and has not caused any battery/start up issues so far.
Thanks for confirming. I did go back a few hours later and it was off. Seems odd though, if you have any belongings in the rear floor or front it lights them up a bit. Say if your in a parking lot (I know obvious answer is to store stuff away)

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Thanks for confirming. I did go back a few hours later and it was off. Seems odd though, if you have any belongings in the rear floor or front it lights them up a bit. Say if your in a parking lot (I know obvious answer is to store stuff away)
Good point. I won’t my stuff as concealed as possible. I played with the ambient lighting settings and isn’t really see anything that could adjust that particular light. It seems to be all of them or nothing.

Glad I could help!

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Good point. I won’t my stuff as concealed as possible. I played with the ambient lighting settings and isn’t really see anything that could adjust that particular light. It seems to be all of them or nothing.

Glad I could help!
Can you adjust the timeout setting

Sponsored

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Is the light on when you DON’T have the FOB in your pocket?
Sponsored