Sponsored

Amber/Orange DRL halos and fogs

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
So.. I much prefer the look of amber DRL/halo lights over the white. It matches the running lights on the tow mirrors and I just like it better.

My truck is a 502A BAP with the adaptive headlights.

Would the gen 14 Raptor headlights be a direct swap?

The next question would be what to do with the DRL lights in the fog lights. Obviously Raptors don’t have the fog lights. They would have to match or my OCD would keep me up at night. Any ideas? I would love to have the full DRL’s including the ones in the fog lights, but have them be all amber.

Not interested in anything aftermarket with the possible exception of the fog light DRL’s as long as they essentially look OEM.

Thanks guys.
Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
The raptor uses the parking/DRL light bar as a turn signal. So that would maybe need repinned at the connector. Shouldn’t be pretty easy though. As for the fogs, I would leave them stock or ditch them for some off-road lights. Your choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: DK4
OP
OP
DK4

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Thanks guys. Seems the gent that started the other thread has all amber DRL’s in his avatar pic now. I may have to do some more digging or ask him direct as it wasn’t ever clarified in that thread.

Antho, I guess I never did realize the turn signals were different in the Raptor headlights. So they must not have that amber bar towards the bottom at all then. Did you mean to say they would have to be re-wired in the connector?

I agree an off-road fog would look good, but I just like how the factory DRL bar goes all the way down into the fogs. I’d love it to be just the way it is now, but all amber.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Thanks guys. Seems the gent that started the other thread has all amber DRL’s in his avatar pic now. I may have to do some more digging or ask him direct as it wasn’t ever clarified in that thread.

Antho, I guess I never did realize the turn signals were different in the Raptor headlights. So they must not have that amber bar towards the bottom at all then. Did you mean to say they would have to be re-wired in the connector?

I agree an off-road fog would look good, but I just like how the factory DRL bar goes all the way down into the fogs. I’d love it to be just the way it is now, but all amber.
Yeah auto correct got me. Repinned. Haven’t looked into it but that would be the first thing I looked into. Correct, no amber bar at the bottom. The whole amber DRL/Park light blinks. So maybe repinned and some forscan.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DK4

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Yeah auto correct got me. Repinned. Haven’t looked into it but that would be the first thing I looked into. Correct, no amber bar at the bottom. The whole amber DRL/Park light blinks. So maybe repinned and some forscan.
No worries.

Jesse mentioned this in another thread where a guy swapped Raptor headlights onto is non Raptor truck. The gent never reported back if he tried it or not.

Re-pin and this Forscan mod and I bet I’d be there.

I think you need to enable the DRL with Turn 726-38-02 xx**-xxxx-xxxx
Still have the fog light DRL to contend with. I may ask that other guy what he did. Thanks guys.

OP
OP
DK4

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck

Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
I just noticed that too :LOL:

I wonder if there is anyone taking the Gen14 lights apart and doing the RGB stuff to them yet. I could have them do the fogs and go Raptor with the headlights.
I’m sure. Quality would be the only concern for me. If you decide to go raptor headlight and need any help; let me know!

OP
OP
DK4

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I’m sure. Quality would be the only concern for me. If you decide to go raptor headlight and need any help; let me know!
Exactly, which is why the fogs would probably be the only ones I’d be willing to mod like that.

Thanks Antho.

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Maybe look into what diode dynamics has to offer. They just released headlights and fog lights that can be run with amber drls. They also carry an 8 year warranty, something to look into!

OP
OP
DK4

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
👈 Boom

No photoshopistry here, aftermarket RGBW strips
Looks good. So they are strips? Or LED boards?

I see a few aftermarket companies that do the RGB boards. Gotta take apart your housings and add them.

The Diodedynamics fog lights Spacewhite posted look nice too, but I don’t know how well they would match Raptor headlights.

I would take apart my fog lights, but not my headlights. I would just get Raptor headlights.
Sponsored