First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
7 months from order to pick up at the dealer.
Sponsored

phil1ben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1949 F-1, Land Rover LR4, Volvo C-30, 2007 F-150
My neighbor owns multiple Ford dealerships so I always order my trucks through him. When I met with his sales manager they knew exactly what options for me to pick and which to delete because they knew about the delays on certain items. We placed an order accordingly on 12/4 normal 19 priority. The truck is in the process of being shipped and is scheduled to arrive the end of this month. The point I am making is that you need to go to a dealer/salesperson who understands what really can be built now.

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
Hey everyone,

First time user here in the forum! Really enjoying all the great content so far! I just had a quick question, am I just impatient (probably)?

Context: I filled out and signed my order sheet for a ‘23 XLT Super Crew, 5.5 Ft bed, V8, BAP, 2WD on September 7th, 2022. The only thing I get from Ford is supply chain emails every 45 days and no communication otherwise from my dealer here in Northern California.

Am I just impatient because I’m excited for the truck? Probably lol. Just wanted to make sure!

Thank you for your help!
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/3-under-invoice-on-a-2023-f-150-order-granger-ford.11700/

eharri3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
I put an order in for a ‘22 5.0 shortbed truck Feb 2022 thinking with COVId restrictions beginning to ease things were about to improve only to see another round of chip related plant closures the next week. I immediately proceeded to scan the local lots as a few thousand bucks would need to go into my Tundra that year if I didn’t dump it.

About 3 weeks in when a late Dec ‘21 build 157” wb Powerboost finally straggled onto a local lot in my color I pulled the trigger.

The first dealer tried to tell me they were keeping my deposit, admittedly something I hadn’t thought to discuss specifically at point of sale. The way things were I figured I’d never see anything close to acceptable in my color show up anywhere in general inventory before my 5.0 came in.

I emailed them back pointing out they never checked the “non refundable” box on the contract. They blew me off for a bit until Ford started dinging dealers for screwing with the allocation process by allowing cancelled Special order trucks to be built, receiving them and putting them on their lots. That story hit the net then maybe a few days later I got a sudden call telling me to expect my thousand bucks back in my account within a few days. So I guess they’d hoped to build, receive and sell my order AND pocket my deposit and when they realized they’d get in trouble they rushed to get it off the books.

So no, it’s not uncommon for people to drop one or more deposits and keep scanning lots and keeping all options open. Just gotta get them to lay out deposit terms clearly in writing up front or you may have a fight on your hands for that cash.

In my case despite my wife initially giving me crap for not waiting impatience served me well. My ‘22 order probably would have become a heavily decontented ‘23 and they’d have taken a bunch of things out and given me credits for it. Instead I got one at the content peak before they started moving some options to higher trims to save chips and eliminating others. And .9% financing right before the Fed pulled out rubber gloves and lube.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nickgambo

nickgambo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Gray 2023 Lariat 501A 5.0L SAP
Occupation
Program Coordinator
My neighbor owns multiple Ford dealerships so I always order my trucks through him. When I met with his sales manager they knew exactly what options for me to pick and which to delete because they knew about the delays on certain items. We placed an order accordingly on 12/4 normal 19 priority. The truck is in the process of being shipped and is scheduled to arrive the end of this month. The point I am making is that you need to go to a dealer/salesperson who understands what really can be built now.
Thank you for your input! I feel I’ll be better equipped after all the helpful recommendations from the community!

Sponsored

OP
OP
nickgambo

nickgambo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Program Coordinator
I put an order in for a ‘22 5.0 shortbed truck Feb 2022 thinking with COVId restrictions beginning to ease things were about to improve only to see another round of chip related plant closures the next week. I immediately proceeded to scan the local lots as a few thousand bucks would need to go into my Tundra that year if I didn’t dump it.

About 3 weeks in when a late Dec ‘21 build 157” wb Powerboost finally straggled onto a local lot in my color I pulled the trigger.

The first dealer tried to tell me they were keeping my deposit, admittedly something I hadn’t thought to discuss specifically at point of sale. The way things were I figured I’d never see anything close to acceptable in my color show up anywhere in general inventory before my 5.0 came in.

I emailed them back pointing out they never checked the “non refundable” box on the contract. They blew me off for a bit until Ford started dinging dealers for screwing with the allocation process by allowing cancelled Special order trucks to be built, receiving them and putting them on their lots. That story hit the net then maybe a few days later I got a sudden call telling me to expect my thousand bucks back in my account within a few days. So I guess they’d hoped to build, receive and sell my order AND pocket my deposit and when they realized they’d get in trouble they rushed to get it off the books.

So no, it’s not uncommon for people to drop one or more deposits and keep scanning lots and keeping all options open. Just gotta get them to lay out deposit terms clearly in writing up front or you may have a fight on your hands for that cash.

In my case despite my wife initially giving me crap for not waiting impatience served me well. My ‘22 order probably would have become a heavily decontented ‘23 and they’d have taken a bunch of things out and given me credits for it. Instead I got one at the content peak before they started moving some options to higher trims to save chips and eliminating others. And .9% financing right before the Fed pulled out rubber gloves and lube.
Thank you for the detailed response! I was able to glean a lot of helpful info. I’ll have to remember that they mark that box so I don’t get hustled lol. I gave my dealership my credit card info at time of order, but nothing was ever charged? Is that a red flag?

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
Thank you for providing! Unbelievable how they’re able to pull that off for being a dealership in Iowa lol
I drove my trade to Granger. Totally worth it since dealerships in my area weren't willing to deal at all. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

snapper9601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 4x4 Lariat 500A SCrew 2.7EB 145"
Thank you for the detailed response! I was able to glean a lot of helpful info. I’ll have to remember that they mark that box so I don’t get hustled lol. I gave my dealership my credit card info at time of order, but nothing was ever charged? Is that a red flag?
Hello OP, fellow Petaluman!
I built my truck in April last year online, then took the order info to my local dealer and they placed the order on April 26. They did charge my credit card and provided a receipt. I was told delivery would be at least 4 months. I kept following up with the salesman. I don't remember now if there was anything in writing, but every time I quizzed him on it he maintained the deposit was refundable. A car salesman buddy of mine told me the dealer probably hoped I didn't buy it as they would mark it up substantially and sell it quickly. During that time last year, there were very few trucks on the dealership lots in my area.
Right after the order was placed, the salesman called and asked me if I wanted Auto Start/stop. If I wanted it, he said it would more likely be February '23 for delivery, maybe later. If no Auto Start/stop, we were looking at 4 months. That was a no-brainer decision.
Here's my timeline
4/26/22- Order placed
5/3/22- Salesman said a couple more days for the order to be acknowledged by Ford.
5/10/22- Salesman texts, said Ford had acknowledged the order, said he would notify me when we get a scheduled build date.
(insert impatience here!)
5/26/22- Salesman reports no scheduled build date yet.
6/22/22- Salesman texts the scheduled build date is 7/13/22, ETA is 8/31/22 and provided the order number. I could then see and track progress on Ford.com
7/5/22- Salesman texts that the truck is officially in production and provided the VIN.
8/8/22- Salesman texts me, the truck is on the lot!
Went down the next day to buy it.
So 15 weeks from order date to purchase date.
Overstating the obvious here, this year is a different situation.
There are a few things in play to figure it out for yourself, but Granger might be worthwhile.
Good luck!

OP
OP
nickgambo

nickgambo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Program Coordinator
Hello OP, fellow Petaluman!
I built my truck in April last year online, then took the order info to my local dealer and they placed the order on April 26. They did charge my credit card and provided a receipt. I was told delivery would be at least 4 months. I kept following up with the salesman. I don't remember now if there was anything in writing, but every time I quizzed him on it he maintained the deposit was refundable. A car salesman buddy of mine told me the dealer probably hoped I didn't buy it as they would mark it up substantially and sell it quickly. During that time last year, there were very few trucks on the dealership lots in my area.
Right after the order was placed, the salesman called and asked me if I wanted Auto Start/stop. If I wanted it, he said it would more likely be February '23 for delivery, maybe later. If no Auto Start/stop, we were looking at 4 months. That was a no-brainer decision.
Here's my timeline
4/26/22- Order placed
5/3/22- Salesman said a couple more days for the order to be acknowledged by Ford.
5/10/22- Salesman texts, said Ford had acknowledged the order, said he would notify me when we get a scheduled build date.
(insert impatience here!)
5/26/22- Salesman reports no scheduled build date yet.
6/22/22- Salesman texts the scheduled build date is 7/13/22, ETA is 8/31/22 and provided the order number. I could then see and track progress on Ford.com
7/5/22- Salesman texts that the truck is officially in production and provided the VIN.
8/8/22- Salesman texts me, the truck is on the lot!
Went down the next day to buy it.
So 15 weeks from order date to purchase date.
Overstating the obvious here, this year is a different situation.
There are a few things in play to figure it out for yourself, but Granger might be worthwhile.
Good luck!
Yoooooo another Petaluman!! Love that!! What dealership did you go through? Henry Curtis? I personally went through Hansel because it seems like every Ford vehicle truck or otherwise has a Hansel license plate cover lol. Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it!

Sponsored

snapper9601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 4x4 Lariat 500A SCrew 2.7EB 145"
Yoooooo another Petaluman!! Love that!! What dealership did you go through? Henry Curtis? I personally went through Hansel because it seems like every Ford vehicle truck or otherwise has a Hansel license plate cover lol. Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it!
Yes, Henry Curtis. Henry Curtis is part of the Hansel Auto Group. Not exactly sure how that all works. Both dealerships said I would pay MSRP, no more, no less for a special ordered truck. And no A or Z plan would be honored because the market situation at the time dictated they didn't have to honor. I did find a $1000 Ford Retail Bonus Cash Incentive online that I qualified for. Just look up Ford retail offer on-line, you might find something worthwhile. Although Granger is pretty hard to beat, if all the angles work for you. I admit I was a nube then and hadn't heard of Granger yet.

When doing the paperwork to buy the truck, the Sales manager or Finance guy, whatever his title is, "forgot" to add in the $1000 Retail Bonus Cash Incentive as well as my $500 deposit...... he said Whoops, sorry, my bad" . Good catch!" . That was a bit scummy, yes. But other than that, a pretty good experience.

OP
OP
nickgambo

nickgambo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Program Coordinator
Yes, Henry Curtis. Henry Curtis is part of the Hansel Auto Group. Not exactly sure how that all works. Both dealerships said I would pay MSRP, no more, no less for a special ordered truck. And no A or Z plan would be honored because the market situation at the time dictated they didn't have to honor. I did find a $1000 Ford Retail Bonus Cash Incentive online that I qualified for. Just look up Ford retail offer on-line, you might find something worthwhile. Although Granger is pretty hard to beat, if all the angles work for you. I admit I was a nube then and hadn't heard of Granger yet.

When doing the paperwork to buy the truck, the Sales manager or Finance guy, whatever his title is, "forgot" to add in the $1000 Retail Bonus Cash Incentive as well as my $500 deposit...... he said Whoops, sorry, my bad" . Good catch!" . That was a bit scummy, yes. But other than that, a pretty good experience.
Thank you for the additional input! I sent an email to Granger for an initial inquiry, so we’ll see how that goes. If the shipping isn’t anything too egregious we might just do that lol. I’ll probably inquire with Henry Curtis to see what they got going on lol. Thanks again!

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
your neighbor must be wealthy as heck Lol

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Thank you for the additional input! I sent an email to Granger for an initial inquiry, so we’ll see how that goes. If the shipping isn’t anything too egregious we might just do that lol. I’ll probably inquire with Henry Curtis to see what they got going on lol. Thanks again!
FYI - When I looked into shipping from Iowa to VA, 1150 miles, I got 2 quotes. $1100 for open transport and $1800 for enclosed transport. I still wanted to fly out there to inspect the truck so I just drove it back.

chicagojhawk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Occupation
Plumbing / Fire Protection Engineer
That is a fairly basic built. I have a similar 302A build that I ordere in december that was scheculed in 6 weeks but I have seen newer similar orders get scheduled faster. I also had a more crazy lariat build from Septermber that I canceled(that dealer kept) just got scheduled a new days ago. No reason you are not getting built unless it is allocation. What about trying Granger and get it shipped. Unless you have someone local doing at/below invoice you would come out ahead. I was around $51K with a really similar sticker.
I agree it's a fairly basic build, but based on things I've been reading, videos I've been watching, those wheel liners and splash guards may be holding up your order. Those are severe constraint items that you can have pulled off the order and have the dealer install those items. You're also at the higher end of the dealer priority codes for retail, so depending on their allocations, you may be towards the bottom of the list
Sponsored