Sponsored

Am I in for a happy surprise?

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
My Ford tracking page decided to work today.

Nothing new really, It was built as of 5/8, still awaiting shipment (that it says takes a week. lol) but I noticed that while the pic had the correct, 18" chrome 501a wheels, it also shows the 502a headlights.

I wanted those dynamic headlights but on the 2023s, per the build page, you had to go with 502a to get them but also, no way to keep the 18" wheels, on 502a.

I didn't want to give up the payload of the bigger wheels so, 501a was it.

Happy surprise, or partially wrong pic?
Sponsored

cpw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Supercrew 157" V8
My truck (ordered 9/10/2022) was built 4/12, shipped 5/18. I chatted Ford to get the rail car number, and it went from Michigan to Atlanta and back to Michigan - it needs to go to Newark, NJ. I just hope that June has as good financing as May did.

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

Nothing new really, It was built as of 5/8, still awaiting shipment (that it says takes a week. lol) but I noticed that while the pic had the correct, 18" chrome 501a wheels, it also shows the 502a headlights.

I wanted those dynamic headlights but on the 2023s, per the build page, you had to go with 502a to get them but also, no way to keep the 18" wheels, on 502a.

I think that’s just a rendering issue of the photo. You should have access to your window sticker what’s that say.

Did they change the wheel set up for ‘23s? Or is it non FX4?

OP
OP
Davexxxx

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think that’s just a rendering issue of the photo. You should have access to your window sticker what’s that say.

Did they change the wheel set up for ‘23s? Or is it non FX4?
Its a non FX4 but that doesn't matter. For the 23s, on the build site, there is no way to keep 18 Wheels with 502a.

Good call on the sticker but it doesn't specify anything about the headlights other than auto on off and auto high beam.

troy12n

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 SCRW 5.0
Its a non FX4 but that doesn't matter. For the 23s, on the build site, there is no way to keep 18 Wheels with 502a.

Good call on the sticker but it doesn't specify anything about the headlights other than auto on off and auto high beam.
My 2023 in process being built has 18" wheels and it's an 302A, FX4 with Chrome Package

Sponsored

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

Yeah, I went back and looked at mine just says LED. Go to the builder and if you select 501a if it doesn’t say dynamic bending I bet it’s just an issue. The ford pass app for instance will say “plugged in/not charging” on gasser F150s.

Interesting about the wheels though. I have a ‘22 with the 18s. Thought it was only an option because the FX4 package. I see most people with the 20” wheels and I like those.

OP
OP
Davexxxx

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, I went back and looked at mine just says LED. Go to the builder and if you select 501a if it doesn’t say dynamic bending I bet it’s just an issue. The ford pass app for instance will say “plugged in/not charging” on gasser F150s.

Interesting about the wheels though. I have a ‘22 with the 18s. Thought it was only an option because the FX4 package. I see most people with the 20” wheels and I like those.
Yeah, it would be nice but I'm not holding my breath about it.

They changed the 20" on everything (I think) 502a and above, for the MY23.

The 20" cost in the neighborhood of 40lbs. payload. I like the looks better than the current 18s but the truck has a job to do so ...

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
My two biggest “surprises’ were…

1. How thoroughly disgusted I was with Ford’s "customer service" and how completely shocked I was at Ford’s ability to make it painfully clear that they couldn’t give a rat’s ass about me or my business.

2. How AMAZING my new F150 was when it finally arrived.

...enjoy!

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
You will get the LED reflector headlamps, not the projectors. I don’t trust the renderings on the build site or anything related to that. The projectors are only available on 502 and up

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch standard; PowerBoost; 2WD; 7.2Kw

I hope you get what you want.
1- You are correct about the payload. My 23KR standard (600A) only offered 20” wheels and I estimate a 40-60# payload loss.
2- My build specifically excluded the Front Sensing System. When I got the truck home I was surprised when the front sensors activated and the camera came on. I had 360 camera, but the build sheet only had front sensors with 360 Active (BlueCruise) and not 360 Assist. Also, all images show 6 sensors, I have 4 sensors front and back- something changed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Davexxxx

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2- My build specifically excluded the Front Sensing System. When I got the truck home I was surprised when the front sensors activated and the camera came on. I had 360 camera, but the build sheet only had front sensors with 360 Active (BlueCruise) and not 360 Assist. Also, all images show 6 sensors, I have 4 sensors front and back- something changed.
I can maybe explain some of that?

I think Blue Cruise is just a layer over the previous versions. An addition, to an existing program, rather than a whole new program. Yes, there is some hardware involved but I'm talking about the programming.

And yes, I think something has changed on the sensors, or I'm gonna be pissed.

Just like you can still get 360 camera view, without the bed camera, I think they changed how many sensors are needed, from 6 to 4, per end.

In the demos of Pro Trailer Hitch Assist, they use a Lightning, which has 6 sensors on the rear bumper but the Ford rep said any 2023 vehicle with Pro Trailer Back Up Assist, would get an OTA to enable the feature.

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a 2023 Lariat 502A Built was completed 11/23. It has 360 degree cam (yes with the bed cam) , Max Tow, Bed Utility, BAP, and Sunroof.

force deleted options:
Advanced Security Pack
Auto Stop Start - YEA
Heated Steering Wheel.

It has 8 parking sensors, 4 front and 4 rear.

My Payload is a dismal 1536 lbs. Was hoping for more but should be fine.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Are the 20s really costing 40-60LB payload loss, or is it the associated additional accessories?

If it’s the wheel/tire combo; you can swap them out after the fact. While it won’t change the payload sticker; it will save the weight nonetheless, so that you’re under the GVWR.

If you are towing and need just a little weight off the rear axle. You can also completely remove the spare and put it in the the trailer.

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
Are the 20s really costing 40-60LB payload loss, or is it the associated additional accessories?

If it’s the wheel/tire combo; you can swap them out after the fact. While it won’t change the payload sticker; it will save the weight nonetheless, so that you’re under the GVWR.

If you are towing and need just a little weight off the rear axle. You can also completely remove the spare and put it in the the trailer.

I'm not sure I understand how any wheel/tire combo is going to effect payload as it's all unsprung weight? Fuel economy and acceleration -definitely- but not payload.

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch standard; PowerBoost; 2WD; 7.2Kw
I'm not sure I understand how any wheel/tire combo is going to effect payload as it's all unsprung weight? Fuel economy and acceleration -definitely- but not payload.
Pedaldude said: "Are the 20s really costing 40-60LB payload loss, or is it the associated additional accessories? "

Payload is GVWR (the engineer's determination of the maximum vehicle weight) minus the actual weight of the vehicle. Curb weight (empty except full fluids) is used as the baseline for the door sticker (GVWR-Curb weight). Remaining payload is GVWR-current weight of the vehicle (includes everything- passengers, cargo, etc.)
This has nothing to do with unsprung weight (please don't shoot the messenger).

I could not find the weights of the King Ranch 18" and 20" wheels, but I believe the tires for the 20" wheels were each around 8# heavier. My 2023 truck payload (1787#) was around 40# below my calculation. Of note, my payload of the brand new truck, empty with a full tank of gas, was 1850# on the CAT scales (give or take their accuracy).
Sponsored