Sponsored

Am I going to regret the 26-gallon tank?

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
As long as your order has not been scheduled for production yet, changing your order should be very simple assuming you don't have a dealer that is a pain, and you are not changing something major like the powertrain. I changed mine after I placed the order, and Granger made it very simple. If your order is scheduled for production, you likely won't be able to change it unless it is something like the paint color.
Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
So I have a PB which means I get 30.6 gallons. My solution was an 8 gallon spare tank mounted in the bed; tank was $130 on Amazon, mount hardware remains to be seen. One advantage is that my reserve is pretty simple to split with someone else less so if it's all inside the tank.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Geez. How far are you people driving? lol

If I had the option, I'd opt for the 36g tank, but I don't ever find myself out of range, or stressing over where the next gas station is. 600-700 miles per tank from my PB, depending on driving style, is plenty for me.

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Short answer is "yes". If you can pull off ordering the change, do it.

I'm reminded of the old adage "Better to have it, and not need it....."

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
"Geez. How far are you people driving?" Well, I can go 2,000 miles between fuel loads... Last summer made a speed run to Myrtle Beach, SC, Three fill ups: Abilene, KS, Myrtle Beach, SC, Abilene, KS. The three lowest price gas stations east of Denver, CO. :)
Sponsored