Am i crazy?

dicedealer7

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 STX FX4
I have had my 21 f150 for 9 months now and 18000 miles. Lots of boat towing.
Well I sold the boat and don't necessarily need a truck anymore. I've had a truck for the last 10 years and kinda miss having a car.
Went to the BMW dealership and ordered a 2022 M340i x drive.
Should be built and deliverd in about 3 months.
Sponsored

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Been there, done that, always end up missing a larger vehicle but I love to camp, mountain bike, etc. and while fast and fun cars can be made to work it’s just easier with more room. My wife and kids don’t like riding in cars as much and I can’t drive spirited when they come along.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have had my 21 f150 for 9 months now and 18000 miles. Lots of boat towing.
Well I sold the boat and don't necessarily need a truck anymore. I've had a truck for the last 10 years and kinda miss having a car.
Went to the BMW dealership and ordered a 2022 M340i x drive.
Should be built and deliverd in about 3 months.
Yep, why not have both? :unsure: ?

Sponsored

Bill_R

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-250 Lariat; 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Contracting Officer
You are going to love that car. I have the M240i xDrive. Same motor bud yours will have a little more output.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I technically could. Just paid off my house.. but would rather have the extra cash.
I totally understand that. Extra cash in the pocket is always a good thing!

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
If you have to ask; then maybe you are :p

My first three cars were German sports cars and often I miss driving something that handles better than most vehicles on the road. What I miss most though is riding my motorcycles and I won't be returning to either for quite some time for a simple reason: people suck!

Everybody is not only on their phones but they're completely engrossed in them. I saw a dude last year that was on his phone, while he was looking at a tablet, while both were propped on his steering wheel.

Aggressive driving has become a bigger problem than ever, I think people are getting PTSD from dealing with all the idiots on the road, so they go ballistic at the first opportunity they are given when they take the wheel, whether the insult is real or imagined. Watch some YouTube dash cam vids if you have any doubts, the craziest thing is some of the drivers that are completely in the wrong but play the victim and still submit their videos with long explanations of why they were justified in acting like complete tools, cementing their delusions.

Cars overall have gotten extremely performance oriented, you can get a minivan with 300hp and a Honda Civic Si has better performance than the original Ferrari Testarossa, the closing speeds have become incredibly high. If you want to enjoy a performance vehicle today, the delta between performance cars and regular cars/trucks has diminished to the point where it just takes one twat that doesn't want to get passed to make things dangerous for everyone on the road.

Road quality is worse than ever and don't be surprised if you crack or bend wheels with low profile tires. Politicians everywhere are passing the buck on essential road maintenance in favor of their pet vanity projects. It's no wonder that the Raptor is such a popular truck, never mind off-road performance, many roads have such shit quality that you need that suspension travel just to go out and get coffee.

Try renting a BMW for a week and get it out of your system and if you still think you need one, try to find a way to keep the truck too. It might be cheaper long term, as you would put less miles on each vehicle, so they will both last longer.
Sponsored