AM/FM antenna superceded on new builds

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I have a Lariat built in mid May at the KC plant it came with a 32 inch black am/fm whip antenna. I didn't take it off during its first car wash back then because it was always fine at that wash with my 2012. Well I ended up with a bent antenna, no other damage. So I went to the dealership and purchased a new one. Same thing. And have been taking it off for washing since then.

My friend just picked up his new F150 in mid September a July build also KC plant. His antenna is 4 inches shorter with a 6 inch flexible rubber base from the factory.

Is there a Ford parts guy out there that can check if the older antenna was superceded with a new number?
Sponsored

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
My July KC build Lariat also has the shorter antenna with the flexible rubber base. The antenna wire has a spiral wrap around the rod. It works fine and I like the lower profile. I think the newer antenna would be a good swap for those that have taller antennas and would like a lower profile but need to pull in the weaker radio stations.

OP
OP
Big Dog Daddy

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My July KC build Lariat also has the shorter antenna with the flexible rubber base. The antenna wire has a spiral wrap around the rod. It works fine and I like the lower profile. I think the newer antenna would be a good swap for those that have taller antennas and would like a lower profile but need to pull in the weaker radio stations.
Hi Jeff
Thanks for confirming my findings. I'm going to stop at the dealer tomorrow and try to order the updated antenna using my friend's vin number. Since I know it fits already it should be easy. I want a stock antenna, and I'm afraid of going to the carwash without taking it off. I've seen a couple of bent and damaged mounts, bent antennas, and damaged paint, so I really would like the flexible shorter version.

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
Hi Jeff
Thanks for confirming my findings. I'm going to stop at the dealer tomorrow and try to order the updated antenna using my friend's vin number. Since I know it fits already it should be easy. I want a stock antenna, and I'm afraid of going to the carwash without taking it off. I've seen a couple of bent and damaged mounts, bent antennas, and damaged paint, so I really would like the flexible shorter version.
Here is a pic you can take when at the dealer.

edit: and it has been through numerous car washes without incident.

Ford F-150 AM/FM antenna superceded on new builds 20210613_093116

OP
OP
Big Dog Daddy

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here is a pic you can take when at the dealer.

edit: and it has been through numerous car washes without incident.

20210613_093116.jpg

Thank you! Jay
For reference here's a photo of the "original" antenna that that was supplied with my 4/23/21 KC build. We'll the "replacement" for the original bent one anyway...
Ford F-150 AM/FM antenna superceded on new builds 20210629_130248

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
Hi Jeff
Please give us the part number when you order.

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Following for P/N as well.

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired auto engineer

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Lariat Supercab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Have the shorter style on my Lariat, built July 1. Live rural in the county. No issues with reception.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I was at my dealer and and noticed a couple of F 150's with the different antenna. I had him order me one for around $63.00 Cdn. He gave me part # MCPZ-18813-A. Should have it by the middle of next week.

Sponsored

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I was at my dealer and and noticed a couple of F 150's with the different antenna. I had him order me one for around $63.00 Cdn. He gave me part # MCPZ-18813-A. Should have it by the middle of next week.
Something about that doesn't work - P/N MCPZ-18813-A appears to be the standard antenna that was installed on job 1 F-150s.

https://www.fordgenuineautoparts.com/oem-parts/ford-aerial-without-cable-mcpz18813a

Please keep us updated as to what you actually receive, and if the P/N on the invoice is the same.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Something about that doesn't work - P/N MCPZ-18813-A appears to be the standard antenna that was installed on job 1 F-150s.

https://www.fordgenuineautoparts.com/oem-parts/ford-aerial-without-cable-mcpz18813a

Please keep us updated as to what you actually receive, and if the P/N on the invoice is the same.
I will do that. Should know around Wednesday next week. I was told they took the number from the parts list under the trucks VIN number. Will check with him Monday morning to confirm.

There were 3 2021 F 150's sitting beside each other. Two had the "NEW" antenna and one had the "OLD" style.

OP
OP
Big Dog Daddy

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi All

So I went to my local dealer on Friday, the parts guy was very helpful but, I still don't have an answer on the part number for the shorter flexible antenna.

The 32" whip antenna that came on early trucks is MCPZ-18813-A based on my vin number.

He then went pulled up the VIN for a truck on the lot, late July build that has the short flex antenna, and it shows the same number MCPZ-18813-A so he called the Ford north east distribution center to get a visual on the part. The parts center confirmed its a 32 inch antenna.

In the mean time the other parts guy was intrigued and started investigating himself. He believes it's the same as supplied on the Bronco sport MCPZ-18A886-A although it can't be confirmed to fit the F150 in Fords parts system. Again he called for a visual but they didn't have one to check its on backorder.

They have ordered a MCPZ-18A886-A Bronco sport antenna for me and when it comes in a week or two we'll check that it's the same as the current F150 antenna.

Last edited:

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hi All

So I went to my local dealer on Friday, the parts guy was very helpful but, I still don't have an answer on the part number for the shorter flexible antenna.

The 32" whip antenna that came on early trucks is MCPZ-18813-A based on my vin number.

He then went pulled up the VIN for a truck on the lot, late July build that has the short flex antenna, and it shows the same number MCPZ-18813-A so he called the Ford north east distribution center to get a visual on the part. The parts center confirmed its a 32 inch antenna.

In the mean time the other parts guy was intrigued and started investigating himself. He believes it's the same as supplied on the Bronco sport MCPZ-18A886-A although it can't be confirmed to fit the F150 in Fords parts system. Again he called for a visual but they didn't have one to check its on backorder.

They have ordered a MCPZ-18A886-A Bronco sport antenna for me and when it comes in a week or two we'll check that it's the same as the current F150 antenna.
MCPZ-18A886-A appears to be a shorter "rubber ducky" style antenna based on what little info I could find on it...

Ford F-150 AM/FM antenna superceded on new builds 1634516255442

https://parts.nplincoln.com/p/Ford_...Radio-Antenna-Mast/103068181/MCPZ18A886A.html

Thank you for looking into it further. Hopefully Ford's parts department will catch up to their assembly lines soon.
Sponsored