Sponsored

All weather vs Winter tire

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
Just here to say please reply back if you end up running the stock tires through the winter. Curious how they run as well, I got to the same answer as you when trying to find the differences. Might be that the retail/3PMS rated version has more silica in the compound but it's hard to tell. I wasn't impressed when wiggling the tread around so I ended up finding myself a decent used set of Blizzak's.
Will be using the Hancock during this winter will post
Sponsored

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat, 2019 XT4
First freezing rain/snowfall day here, and got into a few inches of slush for about 10K’s on a paved backroad and neighborhood side streets this morning.

Can’t say I was impressed with the Hankooks AT2’s for the conditions. Was in 4A, and it was a lot more slippery in the corners than I was expecting. Never really felt planted to the road. Will give it a few more weeks when the real winter weather starts and report back, though I suspect I’ll be buying some winters as a Christmas present to myself!

Like the OP, I’m a big believer in proper winters for our Canadian weather, have been running Nokian’s or Toyo’s for years on all my other vehicles.

OP
OP
BigBluegen14

BigBluegen14

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
Well everyone, I pulled the trigger on some Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus tires. They should be good for mild trails which is all this truck will see for the first few years. Also saw a guy in Toronto review them during freezing rain and he said ice traction was impressive. I'll update throughout the winter on how they perform.

ellnemm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Z4M roadster, 2019 Jetta, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Let it snow, let it snow!
Just had the chance to try out the winter tires this last week on ice, snow and slush. Oh and on dry highway as well.
We are running on studded Uniroyal Tiger Paw Ice & Snow 3 installed on 18 inch steel rims with TPMS.
Great traction on the slippery stuff and pretty quite on the highway, for a studded tire. Gas consumption went up by 1 lt/100km.
The water bladder goes into the box soon with 300 lbs of water in it.

Can’t wait for the first big snow storm!

Last edited:

jusrya

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 PowerBoost
Occupation
CPA
Well everyone, I pulled the trigger on some Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus tires. They should be good for mild trails which is all this truck will see for the first few years. Also saw a guy in Toronto review them during freezing rain and he said ice traction was impressive. I'll update throughout the winter on how they perform.
How have the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus been working out for you? These are on my radar along with General Grabber A/Tx.
These stock Hancooks have been awful this winter. Hoping to make a switch soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BigBluegen14

BigBluegen14

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
How have the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus been working out for you? These are on my radar along with General Grabber A/Tx.
These stock Hancooks have been awful this winter. Hoping to make a switch soon.
About as good as I was expecting. I've had to be careful when there was freezing rain but other than that they've been good. I'm coming from a Sorento that had studded tires though so there's definitely been a learning curve regarding how I can drive.

AMBluez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired LEO
Just put on a set of studded General Grabber Arctic LT - LT275/70R18 so we'll see how they do. I've run all season, all terrain and winter tires in the Arctic for over 20 years and learned a few lessons the hard way. I'm in a milder climate now but winter still means winter tires.
Sponsored