First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I posted in the other thread that I'm replacing my OEM 275/60R20 Hankooks with the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus. We finally had measurable snow on the Colorado front range, and I discovered the Hankooks had to go. I'll have them installed next Tuesday. I also considered the Cooper, Firestone and General S all terrains. The dart landed on the Pirellis (I like the way they look). I'll report back on dry road performance, comfort, and noise within the week. I won't be able to cover wet road or snow performance because the forecast is predicting 50s and 60s again next week.
Yes, I went with the same size. I will report back on MPG.

I also went with the Pirelli scorpion at plus. I’m loving the tires so far. Good feel on dry pavement, in the wet they resist hydroplaning very well, and in snow and ice they have very little drama. I got them on with 60 miles on the odometer so I can’t compare mpg to stock. They are just as quiet as stock hancooks but look much better. Lifetime mpg over 2k miles is 19.2, but I mostly drive freeway speeds 70ish mph. I did go to breakfast yesterday with 5 people in the truck. 10 mile trip there and back through town, and achieved 33 mpg while staying mostly electric. I’m very happy with the tire choice.
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0
Occupation
Making lego parts for new vehicles
Month old and 46 replies, yet am I being obtuse to think a tire on one 4600 pound vehicle would act the same on another 4600 pound vehicle regardless of propulsion?

OP
OP
FastHamFreddy

FastHamFreddy

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
Project Manager
I also went with the Pirelli scorpion at plus. I’m loving the tires so far. Good feel on dry pavement, in the wet they resist hydroplaning very well, and in snow and ice they have very little drama. I got them on with 60 miles on the odometer so I can’t compare mpg to stock. They are just as quiet as stock hancooks but look much better. Lifetime mpg over 2k miles is 19.2, but I mostly drive freeway speeds 70ish mph. I did go to breakfast yesterday with 5 people in the truck. 10 mile trip there and back through town, and achieved 33 mpg while staying mostly electric. I’m very happy with the tire choice.
what size did you go with? Do you have a lift or level?

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
The Pirellis have a more aggressive tread pattern than the other S rated all terrains that I was considering, so I'm very happy to hear that they are as quiet as the stock tires. I'm averaging 21 MPG after 3500 miles. I'm ok with that as all my driving so far has been at 6000' of elevation or higher. To me the Hankooks performed more like a low-end all season tire in the snow. We'll see how much of a MPG hit I take with a stickier tire.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
what size did you go with? Do you have a lift or level?
stayed with stock size so 276/60r20. No level or lift. I thought I’d be throwing a level on day one, but the way the truck looks has grown on me.
For reference I have a nearly fully loaded 21 lariat PB 157” supercrew. Scale weight of almost 5,400lbs.

Last edited:

Sponsored

phongtngo

First Name
Phong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Hardware Quality and Reliability Manager
I went to Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T (LT295/70R17 ~ 33.5") with Icon Compression wheels on my '21 Lariat Supercrew which has a Fox kit to level. The noise was noticeable compared to stock if you pay attention to it and there's nothing going on in the cabin, but not enough to impeded on conversations or music.

I installed the leveling kit and the wheels/tires at the same time, so I can't specify how much of the mpg drop was due to one or the other. Overall I went from 21 mpg around town to 16.5-17 mpg. Note, I was getting more than 21mpg before I installed my decked drawer systems.

I've regeared from my 3.73 to 4.56 and currently in the burn in period, but I'm hoping to get some better mileage after I get to drive it normally again.

OP
OP
FastHamFreddy

FastHamFreddy

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
Project Manager
Installed Geolandar G015 LT285/60r20 yesterday on my PB and really like them so far.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/yokohama-geolandar-g015-lt285-60r20.7572/

1639911551041.png

1639911582914.png

1639911604276.png

1639911683305.png
UGADAWG,

First of all, congrats on the Natty. Being an Alabama fan its good to share them from time to time haha, JK.

Also, curious if you have an updated average MPG. Almost certain these are what I want to go with after looking into about every option out there, and think I will go with the same size you have as I too like the width, the weight is lighter than other options, and from everything, I can see they seem to get no complaints regarding road noise.

Just curious what kind of MPG hit you take. Similar size and similar weight tires I am seeing people getting 17 mpg. Understanding this can just be how people drive, are you still getting the 24 mpg from your trip with regular driving? Or is that granny driving? (Not judging granny driving).

Thanks!

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
UGADAWG,

First of all, congrats on the Natty. Being an Alabama fan its good to share them from time to time haha, JK.

Also, curious if you have an updated average MPG. Almost certain these are what I want to go with after looking into about every option out there, and think I will go with the same size you have as I too like the width, the weight is lighter than other options, and from everything, I can see they seem to get no complaints regarding road noise.

Just curious what kind of MPG hit you take. Similar size and similar weight tires I am seeing people getting 17 mpg. Understanding this can just be how people drive, are you still getting the 24 mpg from your trip with regular driving? Or is that granny driving? (Not judging granny driving).

Thanks!
First off, thank you. and Hah! :)

I am still averaging about 20-21mpg. I can easily get 19-21 driving it normal and I have also been able to get 23-25mpg by keeping it in the 30-45mph range. Since I towed recently, my trip 1 and trip 2 are skewed between 10mpg towing and the above normal driving numbers.

I keep the tires between 42-45psi and they drive pretty close to the stock tires in regards to feel.

Hope that helps! :)

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
First off, thank you. and Hah! :)

I am still averaging about 20-21mpg. I can easily get 19-21 driving it normal and I have also been able to get 23-25mpg by keeping it in the 30-45mph range. Since I towed recently, my trip 1 and trip 2 are skewed between 10mpg towing and the above normal driving numbers.

I keep the tires between 42-45psi and they drive pretty close to the stock tires in regards to feel.

Hope that helps! :)
That gives me hope with my set up. Venomrex wrapped with toyo open country at3 275 65r20. Toyo is a pretty light 34” lt all terrain tire. The venomrex will help offsite the added tire weight and I’m keeping the same stock width. I’m hoping I can get those mpg numbers.

Nug21

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Looking to put 33" AT tires on my SuperCrew Powerboost XLT.

Curious if anyone has already made the switch and if so:

-What tire did you choose?
-How much more noise is there compared to stock, and is it overly noticeable since the Powerboost is so quiet?
-What difference in MPG have you seen?

Thanks!
I have 275/65/20 on my 2021 Powerboost with leveling kit

Ford F-150 All Terrain Tires with Powerboost Engine 2021 F150

Ford F-150 All Terrain Tires with Powerboost Engine 2021 F150 2

Ford F-150 All Terrain Tires with Powerboost Engine 2021 F150 3

Sponsored

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
I had my Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus tires installed on the 25th. We had snow throughout the day, so I drove to my afternoon appointment on the Hankooks in the snow, and returned in the snow on the Pirellis. The Pirellis are better in the snow. We had bright sun and 60 degrees today, so I spent about an hour and a half testing the tires on dry pavement. In mixed highway and city driving I've lost 1 MPG. The Pirellis are noticeably louder to me, but not necessarily objectionable since I rarely drive without the radio or music. Ride comfort has diminished, particularly where the pavement is rougher to begin with. I experienced an unexpected rough ride on a 6 mile stretch of 75 MPH highway.

On a scale of 5 between them, I'd rate the Hankooks a 5 for noise and the Pirellis 4. For snow traction I'd rate the Hankooks a 2.5 and the Pirellis a 4. For ride comfort the Hankooks rate a 5 and the Pirellis a 3.5. I recall almost identical performance on that same stretch of highway in a 21 Ram Limited I test drove that had Yokohama Geolandar ATs in place of the stock all seasons (my tast truck was a '19 Ram Limited with stock all season tires). Some tread patterns can accentuate road surface imperfections. I've read at least one review that this is the case with the Pirellis, and my experience confirms that observation.

Last edited:

blkZ28spt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 501A SCREW 4x4 tuned 3.5
Month old and 46 replies, yet am I being obtuse to think a tire on one 4600 pound vehicle would act the same on another 4600 pound vehicle regardless of propulsion?
Perhaps, but, what powerboost weighs 4600 lbs? Think more like 5500-6100

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
My second 2021 PB 502A Lariat FX4 (leadfoot) - picked up Dec 3, 2021- no level kit 33.5's (285/60R20) General Grabber ATx's - love the tires, quiet on the pavement. Avg. 10.2l/100km (computer) with winter blend 87 Octane. I only have 350km on the truck so, I am still feeling it out for mileage but love the ride and stance of the 33.5's.

PB_Leadfoot3.jpg
looks Good !!! Are you gonna Leave the front at STOCK HEIGHT?
Sponsored