First Name
ROBBY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 XLT LARIAT POWERBOOST
Occupation
PUBLIC SERVICE
If you want 33" on 20's, the Firestone Destination AT2 is a really good option. They look and ride good, weigh same as stock (42lbs), winter snowflake rated, and get the best rating for rolling resistance on consumer reports.

My neighbor put a set on his platinum. Working out well so far.

But if you want to go bigger or do rock crawling, you'll probably go with an LT rated tire. The Firestone is just a good no compromise tire that looks better and greatly improves traction.
I am seriously considering these, I was curious about any MPG loss? I am sure it has been stated before but I am wondering about your experience w/ these tires? did you level or keep the factory rake on the front end?
Sponsored

OP
OP
FastHamFreddy

FastHamFreddy

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
Project Manager
Keep in mind that the computer MPG/Speedometer/Odometer are going to be off with the larger tires until you get it recalibrated.
Right, I haven’t gotten new tires yet. The 22 is with the factory tires.

if I can get 34s and get better mpg that would be a plus. Haha

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 5.0 (sold), 21 PB (sold), 22 5.0
Occupation
Gearhead!
I am seriously considering these, I was curious about any MPG loss? I am sure it has been stated before but I am wondering about your experience w/ these tires? did you level or keep the factory rake on the front end?
No mpg loss in factory size. Ride and drive very well. Did not level though.

ATLlienF150

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 PowerBoost
I have 1100 miles on factory Hankook 275/60r20 currently. Driving 70-80mph on highway averaging 20-21 mpg. On commute to office today averaging 40mph, I got 25 mpg.

I ordered LT285/60r20 Geolandar G015 that won't be installed for another week. I went with them for needing E rated for occasional 6k lb TT towing, wanted a slightly larger AT look, but will keep on road mostly. I'll let you know after getting them installed if any impact to sound/mileage/etc.
@UGADawg96 I have a 21 PB Lariat and am taking it in Saturday for a 2in ready lift leveling kit. I am torn on tire size… the dealer is saying I should go 35x11.5x20 but I’m wondering if those will be too big and I should do something similar to your 295x60. Do you think you could have gone bigger, and more importantly would you?

Sponsored

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Looking to put 33" AT tires on my SuperCrew Powerboost XLT.

Curious if anyone has already made the switch and if so:

-What tire did you choose?
-How much more noise is there compared to stock, and is it overly noticeable since the Powerboost is so quiet?
-What difference in MPG have you seen?

Thanks!
Got mine in November. Live in northeast. Immediately put Bridegstone blizzaks on all 4.
Drove last sunday in ice sleet freezing rain . Was like a snowmobile.
As for noise ..quietest vehicles
None that I can tell so far. The only real difference is the look. And your assessment is the same as mine, "More aggressive than factory, but still subtle." Many more pics posted at the link above.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Got mine in November. Live in northeast. Immediately put Bridegstone blizzaks on all 4.
Drove last sunday in ice sleet freezing rain . Was like a snowmobile.
As for noise ..quietest vehicles
Quitest vehicle ever had unless i turn on sport mode??

dwigit_99

First Name
"Dwigit"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB Sport [built but not shipped]
Just FYI ... ran across this interesting chart on tirerack.com. Understand this is for 275/60-20s.
Ford F-150 All Terrain Tires with Powerboost Engine 1642167428250

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
@UGADawg96 I have a 21 PB Lariat and am taking it in Saturday for a 2in ready lift leveling kit. I am torn on tire size… the dealer is saying I should go 35x11.5x20 but I’m wondering if those will be too big and I should do something similar to your 295x60. Do you think you could have gone bigger, and more importantly would you?
I really can't comment since you're doing a lift. I'm stock, no lift/level. I'd recommend checking with those who have done a level.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I did a 2" level and put LT285/65 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my PB. If I had it to do over again I would have gone with lighter tires. I love the look, but the 20 lbs extra per tire really hurt my MPG. I lost about 7MPG.... that's outside of the 1MPG loss people are saying they lose from the level.

So, if MPG is important to you... keep an eye on the weight of the tires.

Just my 2¢ ... probably not worth that much. ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
FastHamFreddy

FastHamFreddy

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
Project Manager
I did a 2" level and put LT285/65 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my PB. If I had it to do over again I would have gone with lighter tires. I love the look, but the 20 lbs extra per tire really hurt my MPG. I lost about 7MPG.... that's outside of the 1MPG loss people are saying they lose from the level.

So, if MPG is important to you... keep an eye on the weight of the tires.

Just my 2¢ ... probably not worth that much. ?
Did you have the gauges adjusted by the dealer for the larger tires?

I have seen others ask this when others have said they lose this much mpg. Excuse my ignorance if this isnt a thing. I just figured a float would adjust accordingly but idk.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Did you have the gauges adjusted by the dealer for the larger tires?

I have seen others ask this when others have said they lose this much mpg. Excuse my ignorance if this isnt a thing. I just figured a float would adjust accordingly but idk.
Here in the wonderful land of idiots (California)... the dealer will NOT make the adjustments for larger tires. They claim it is because it can affect the emissions... I claim BS. Anyway, I used Forscan to adjust the settings for the bigger tires and checked it via GPS.

The issue is that no matter how much I baby it, those big, heavy, sticky tires take a lot of power to get moving. It's nearly impossible to pull away from anything other than a downhill stop without the ICE kicking in almost immediately.

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
I posted in the other thread that I'm replacing my OEM 275/60R20 Hankooks with the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus. We finally had measurable snow on the Colorado front range, and I discovered the Hankooks had to go. I'll have them installed next Tuesday. I also considered the Cooper, Firestone and General S all terrains. The dart landed on the Pirellis (I like the way they look). I'll report back on dry road performance, comfort, and noise within the week. I won't be able to cover wet road or snow performance because the forecast is predicting 50s and 60s again next week.

OP
OP
FastHamFreddy

FastHamFreddy

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
Project Manager
I posted in the other thread that I'm replacing my OEM 275/60R20 Hankooks with the Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus. We finally had measurable snow on the Colorado front range, and I discovered the Hankooks had to go. I'll have them installed next Tuesday. I also considered the Cooper, Firestone and General S all terrains. The dart landed on the Pirellis (I like the way they look). I'll report back on dry road performance, comfort, and noise within the week. I won't be able to cover wet road or snow performance because the forecast is predicting 50s and 60s again next week.
Thanks!

did you go same size tires?

also let us know if any mpg difference.