Sponsored

All Terrain Tires for your Powerboost

qewrtyturdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB Platinum (ordered)
I've never put new tires on a truck before they are needed. What are you guys doing with your OEM tires that still have a lot of tread life left? Do places offer to give you money for them?
Sponsored

21F150_208

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ive always used Bridegstone blizzaks . Northeast adirondack area . Not Colorado snow totals but plenty cold and icy . My f150 is a snowmobile with the blizzaks . So was my expedition and my flex before that and my kids escape and subaru wrx are too . The f150 now has little change in mpg and still very quiet .
Idaho mountains here. Can't go wrong with Blizzaks - had them on 4 vehicles over the last 15 years. I recently switched to Continental Viking Contact 7's and am really happy with them.

I was at a weekend gathering of friends and we had a steep hill, with a 100 yard sheet of ice with water on it to exit the riverside cabin. My buddy in his Suburban with studs could not climb the pitch. VC7's? No problem. I was the only rig to make it.

In winter tires, deep/new snow isn't the problem in my experience. Sheet ice is where the pack separates.

I can confirm little mileage change with Blizzaks and VC7s.

OP
OP
ConiferEric

ConiferEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, Powerboost Hybrid
I've never put new tires on a truck before they are needed. What are you guys doing with your OEM tires that still have a lot of tread life left? Do places offer to give you money for them?
I'm wanting to sell mine, and just posted them on Nextdoor.

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
This is not an attack but at least for myself I spend a good amount of time using my truck for 'truck things' which includes driving over passes, on dirt roads, launching boats on slippery ramps, light offroading on farm roads, towing trailers, accessing jobsites, etc. I've had two trucks where the stock tires that came on it were acceptable for year round duty and that was my Raptor and my 2008 superduty (came with a decent set of goodyear AT's). My life in snowy conditions or getting stuck is not worth it to me to just try to get some life out of a set of crappy factory tires. When I've spent ~75K on a new truck I'm not going to let $1,200 dictate how well I utilize it.

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A PowerBoost 7.2kw

Sorry if I missed it..what tires are you running? any additional side shots in the sun to see the side tire profile? Looks great!

Sponsored

louism383

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 pb
Occupation
Iuoe 158
ive been running duratracs on my pb. They are quiet and smooth and hook very well. My Mpg’s did go down a tad but for me it was worth it

Ford F-150 All Terrain Tires for your Powerboost BBDB2B1B-A96B-4345-A531-74FE3374570E

Ford F-150 All Terrain Tires for your Powerboost EEB382E9-040C-423E-8510-7F742A2A5C3E

powerboost_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PB XLT 302A & 2021- PB Lariat 502A
I had the dealer swap the tires I wanted as part of the deal......If you didn't go this route usually tire shops will give you a $100/tire for trade-in.

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride, Model 3 Performance
Hey all, so I originally wanted to run 34s (Toyo Open Country) and do a level but with the gas mileage concern I'm wondering if I stick to the stock size and do a reverse level if there is a recommended tire for all weather (I live in Colorado and drive in the snow regularly) or if I should go for snow tires?

OP
OP
ConiferEric

ConiferEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, Powerboost Hybrid
Hey all, so I originally wanted to run 34s (Toyo Open Country) and do a level but with the gas mileage concern I'm wondering if I stick to the stock size and do a reverse level if there is a recommended tire for all weather (I live in Colorado and drive in the snow regularly) or if I should go for snow tires?
I installed Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires on my 2021 powerboost, in the stock 275/60R20 size and load rating. I've always had all terrains (BFG and Duratrac) on my 2014 F150 so I was concerned about the Michelin not having the mountain snowflake rating. In all honesty these LTX's may be the best handling tire in dry, wet, and snow conditions out of any tire that I've run. We go skiing almost every weekend, driving through south park and I've never had traction concerns. If you can get past the highway look of the tire I don't think that you would be disappointed in the LTX MS.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Not to hijack the thread, but I’m also going p rated tires for my power boost. I’m going for the Perelli scorpion all terrain plus. Great reviews on tire rack, 10 lbs lighter per tire than stock hankook’s and 3 peak snow rated.
I Would suggest you talk to folks you trust on those.
They were without a doubt the worst tire i have ever had in winter. Not even close.
Equally bad off road
I ordered LT tires on my F150 to be certain i didnt get pirelli's.

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I think I just need to get comfortable with losing 1-2 MPG. I really didn't care about fuel economy in my last F150, not sure why I'm being so picky about it now.

I live in the mountains of Colorado, very similar climate to what you experience in Park City. I'll check out the Falken Wildpeaks.
The Falkens and the Coopers are my favorite all around AT tire. Falkens might be a tad better off road. The Cooper a tad better in the snow.

I wouldnt hesitate with either tire. Cooper made in usa if that matters to you.

IconicJJR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
295/65R20 Nitto ridge grapplers on Powerboost and leveled. E motor still kicks on, still get 23 mpgs when I feather it. Don't do that much though. Truck looks much better get compliments all the time.

Still have the old tires. Will probably sell.

Ford F-150 All Terrain Tires for your Powerboost 8E296462-B06F-4BE4-9F31-4441261618CF

Ford F-150 All Terrain Tires for your Powerboost 06E96BB1-AA3D-4203-88A8-F7DB51A183BB

Last edited:

Zink

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I Would suggest you talk to folks you trust on those.
They were without a doubt the worst tire i have ever had in winter. Not even close.
Equally bad off road
I ordered LT tires on my F150 to be certain i didnt get pirelli's.
I couldn't agree more. The Pirelli Scorpion ATR's that came on my 2021 XLT were the worst tires I have ever had. Absolutely worthless in snow, packed or fluffy. Dumped them and got Wranglers.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
I picked up my new Powerboost last week from the dealer and am wanting to replace the factory 275/60R20 Hankook tires with something more appropriate for our Colorado winters (3 Peak Mountain Snowflake). I'm considering the following three tires in the same factory size:
  • Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac (had these on my 2014 F150, great grip in the snow, weak dry pavement handling tires)
  • BFG AT KO3 (ran these on the 2014 F150 before the Duratracs, but were full of vibrations and caused all sorts of interior buzzing. They were also better handling in the dry but a little weaker in the snow than the Duratracs)
  • General Grabber ATX (test drove a new F150 Tremor with these tires and was really impressed)
Is anyone else running one of these brands of tires on their Powerboost in the factory size? I'm wondering what hit you noticed in fuel economy by changing from the lighter weight all season to a heavier, all terrain tire?

20211019_175413068_iOS.jpg
I run on Bridegstone blizzaks on all 4 in upstate NY . Snow/ice . Runs quiet and like a snowmobile...

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
295/65R20 Nitto ridge grapplers on Powerboost and leveled. E motor still kicks on, still get 23 mpgs when I feather it. Don't do that much though. Truck looks much better get compliments all the time. Coworkers fawn over it.
Wow.... I put 285/65 Ridge Grapplers on my PowerBoost and I only get about 15 mpg. Not lifted, just leveled. I am seriously thinking about swapping them out for lighter tires. If I was getting 23 mpg, I'd stick with them because I really like the look.
Sponsored