Sponsored

All Terrain Tires for your Powerboost

Hebed118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB 4x4
Looks great! This is the same setup I've been looking for. I haven't been able to find anyone who went with the non-LT variant. Any insight on mileage or performance? I expect a minimal hit. I was worried these would look much less aggressive than the LT variant, but they look great and still state some pretty good tread depth.
Sponsored

Railroad

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Power Boost
Occupation
retired
Been on less than 700 miles its new had dealer to swap tires out be a while before i know how they last but smooth on hiway just a little noise

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
So, mileage for BFG t/a KO@ 275/60R20 both ways across Texas was about 21-22, but coincided with addition of 4 corner mudflaps, so there was a little extra drag as well. I exchanged the factory rims for the Weld Stealths as soon as I got home, and also added the Ford tow mirrors (which is super easy...took maybe 20 minutes). The wheels should help mileage, as they are 30 lbs vs 38 lbs for the stock rims, but my numbers on a 3 hour drive this am and another hour drive this afternoon were not good. I got 16 doing 75 MPH by myself, and 18-19 "drafting" behind a truck at 78 MPH (trucks rarely go that fast, so I don't have good comparators for that). I got 20.5 today "drafting" behind a tanker at 67 MPH, but it was only for maybe 15 miles, so not a good data set yet.

I'll keep collecting numbers, but I'm concerned that the tow mirrors are a big hit for mileage due to drag. Andre from TFL trucks has tow mirrors on his PB and managed a pretty respectable 26 MPG despite them, so I haven't given up hope, but the results today were not promising. I'll update as I get more numbers.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Ford F-150 All Terrain Tires for your Powerboost C0108F00-3086-4074-9DF7-13578297B476

295/60/20 Nitto Recon Grapplers. 61 lbs a tire. Definitely feels less eager to get off the line, but so far my mileage is hanging on. Seem to have lost about 1 in my driving. I haven’t taken a highway trip yet though

Sponsored

21F150_208

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Looks great! This is the same setup I've been looking for. I haven't been able to find anyone who went with the non-LT variant. Any insight on mileage or performance? I expect a minimal hit. I was worried these would look much less aggressive than the LT variant, but they look great and still state some pretty good tread depth.
2021 PB XLT here with Michelin LTX LT265/70R18 124/121R E - these are the e-rated tires. I'm going to install a pop up camper in the Fall and will be close to max payload. My tire shop said to run these tires at 49 lbs now, and they're awesome.

These numbers are from the "this trip" lie meter. How accurate is it? I don't know.

Around town it says I routinely get over 24 mpg if I go over 8 miles or so. I did 17 miles at 34 mpg yesterday. I did a 3000 mile trip to Utah/Idaho/Colorado, mostly on the 80 mph freeways and got 19.8 with most of those speeds at 85 mph.

I'm really happy with these tires. Zero hydroplaning, quiet, good enough for what I need off road. They are the most expensive tires I've ever owned. My Dad left this life 23 years ago and would not understand how tires cost that much. Or the price of the PowerBoost for that matter.

Litebulb

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
C0108F00-3086-4074-9DF7-13578297B476.jpeg

295/60/20 Nitto Recon Grapplers. 61 lbs a tire. Definitely feels less eager to get off the line, but so far my mileage is hanging on. Seem to have lost about 1 in my driving. I haven’t taken a highway trip yet though
Very nice i went from 22-23 to 19.5 with these same tires lol and i even started babying it! They do have a great ride and aren't too loud.

Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I have noticed maybe a 1 MPG drop.

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
Just ordered Geolandar A/T G015's before a July 4 sale ended even though I don't have my truck yet (ETA 7/20).

It was a tough choice between the Yokes, the Cooper AT3 4S, and Defenders. (275/60/20-standard load)

I was feeing pumped until today when I called Discount to tell them I wouldn't need them installed for a few weeks. Kid on the phone said, "No need to worry we never sell those anyway, so they will be here when you are ready"

I told him that surprised me because of good reviews and mentioned the other two tires I was considering. He said, "I would have gone with the Coopers, better tire and they look more aggressive".

So now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I should change (the sale is over but the savings was only $120 anyway).

I've seen pics and I thought the Geolandars looked every bit as aggressive. I'm looking for A/T's that are more highway oriented that don't compromise much fuel economy. I know the Defender's are better suited for my needs, but looks are important to me as well so a "mild" A/T is my preference.

You guys agree the AT3 4S's are "better and more aggressive"? Anyone with experience with both?

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Round and black is pretty much as far as I worry about how a tire looks.
Sponsored