First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
Pretty much everything in this segment either has a turbo 4 or soon will have it, just a sign of the times

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Probably going to lose the six speed manual transmission too. Hopefully Ford can step up and have the Bronco’s seven speed available on the new Ranger.

Too bad, since I wouldn’t mind having one as a spare truck and second hand Toyota buyers are delusional even in a weak used vehicle market.

Nobody in the Tacoma community is going to miss the minivan sourced Atkinson cycle 3.5 V-6 that will get worse MPG than a V-8 with a lift and bigger tires. They’re still grumbling about losing the 4.0 that at least is still available in the 4Runner.

The Tacomas with power driver’s seats are just comfortable enough for me to drive with the seat adjusted all the way to its limits on everything but recline. I’m under 6’ tall and it’s about as comfortable as a Honda Civic when driving a Tacoma. The newer Ranger is much more comfortable other than not having enough shoulder room but I wouldn’t want to be much taller. The adjustment for the seat on my F-150 has plenty of room for moving back for much taller drivers and there’s tons of shoulder room. If it’s true that the next gen. Ranger is going to be based off the new Bronco, then it will be a lot better than the Tacoma, unless they magically make the truck much more roomy than the current one.

The biggest problem with Toyota trucks aside from poor payload is that Toyota won’t sell replacement frame parts, so if you get rear ended at low speed and the frame horns get tweaked; the truck is totaled. When calling around for insurance rates, Toyota and Jeep were 50% to 2X more than Ford and GM.

Iroquois Cage

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 RCSB 5.0
Probably going to lose the six speed manual transmission too. Hopefully Ford can step up and have the Bronco’s seven speed available on the new Ranger.

Too bad, since I wouldn’t mind having one as a spare truck and second hand Toyota buyers are delusional even in a weak used vehicle market.

Nobody in the Tacoma community is going to miss the minivan sourced Atkinson cycle 3.5 V-6 that will get worse MPG than a V-8 with a lift and bigger tires. They’re still grumbling about losing the 4.0 that at least is still available in the 4Runner.

The Tacomas with power driver’s seats are just comfortable enough for me to drive with the seat adjusted all the way to its limits on everything but recline. I’m under 6’ tall and it’s about as comfortable as a Honda Civic when driving a Tacoma. The newer Ranger is much more comfortable other than not having enough shoulder room but I wouldn’t want to be much taller. The adjustment for the seat on my F-150 has plenty of room for moving back for much taller drivers and there’s tons of shoulder room. If it’s true that the next gen. Ranger is going to be based off the new Bronco, then it will be a lot better than the Tacoma, unless they magically make the truck much more roomy than the current one.

The biggest problem with Toyota trucks aside from poor payload is that Toyota won’t sell replacement frame parts, so if you get rear ended at low speed and the frame horns get tweaked; the truck is totaled. When calling around for insurance rates, Toyota and Jeep were 50% to 2X more than Ford and GM.
The biggest reason I got my 2020 Tacoma was for the 6 speed. I haven't ever owned an automatic in my life. Let me tell ya, it wasn't a great manual, but it's a manual. Although geared more aggressively with 4.10's, it got worse mileage than I expected it to, even with all the down hill coasting I did. I'm currently getting better mileage with my 5.0 RCSB with 3.73's. I agree with the Tacoma being strangely uncomfortable in the driver's seat. I could never figure out why, there was just a certain something that always made me have to move around.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
I enjoyed my 2017 manual. But that 3.5 was pathetic. In the mountains on the two lane hiways, passing was a big challenge due to lack of power, especially over 60mph. The engine just ran out of oomph.

but damn was it reliable. Gas and oil changes only.

looked nice too.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Beta on if they still have rear drum brakes?

Co-works bought a 23....and drum brakes.

No way i spend 40k plus for drum brakes.
Sponsored