Alignment and Cross Caster Question

cbs155

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
Do any of you alignment experts know why my truck needs a -1.4 degree cross caster to track straight down the road? The spec calls for a lot less, but then it pulls to the right. I know you need a little bit for the crown in the road, but 1.4 degrees seems excessive.

I know Caster is a not a tire wear parameter, but what other impacts are there from a large cross caster value?
Ford F-150 Alignment and Cross Caster Question 20210611_121436
Sponsored

MitLei

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502a
It's only .2 from within the spec, typically you want 1 degree of split to account for road crown, more caster will give you more road feel, which is a good thing as far as I am concerned. If it's pulling with 1 degree of split then it could be a tire causing it or just that particular road surface, it will always have a pull to some degree on certain roads.

I just noticed that those specs are for the previous generation trucks, maybe the 21's require a different alignment spec?

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
Whoever did this alignment should be fired. Take your truck elsewhere and make sure they use the 2021 alignment specs and make sure you tell them where you want the numbers to be(within spec as a minimum). Typically, some kid wrenches till it's green, in your case they failed to make spec even after they "aligned" it.
Sponsored