First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
I figured I would create a topic to share any Alexa commands that support vehicle controls.

I've found a few...
Alexa, turn on the rear defroster and basically other HVAC commands.
Alexa, change to FM 96.3.

Let's keep this topic for information only, and share working commands, not discuss Alexa features and issues.
Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I don't have it yet. Will it turn on/off floor, dash, and defrost vents?

OP
OP
tonesto7

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
I haven't tested changing air flow modes but I'm pretty sure it will turn on defrost

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
My favorite common command is:

Alexa route.......

She's amazing at figuring out where I meant to go and then set up navigation appropriately. It's so nice to no longer have to come to a stop to search or type in information.

My MOST common command is entertainment requests with the "play" command. She's fantastic as a DJ

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
If you have kids have them tell Alexa “I love you”. She starts to grow a tree that updates over time. Silly but cute for the kids.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE

Alexa route.......

She's amazing at figuring out where I meant to go and then set up navigation appropriately. It's so nice to no longer have to come to a stop to search or type in information.

My MOST common command is entertainment requests with the "play" command. She's fantastic as a DJ
W/ android auto, you activate the voice prompt by holding the wheel's PTT button.

Ford is also migrating to the new android powered vehicle OS for sync. I'm hoping to snag a new APIM for the mach-e when they do this as the current stuff powering sync 4 is garbage in terms of hardware capability. Works in the truck w/ 12" screen, but it's complete garbage on the larger full-length screens.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i have not used alexa yet
bt my sync nav TALK to the truck works really well. she understands my sailor/north east texan really well

been tempted to set up alexa..wife thinks truck has way to many brains now, :eek:

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4

Alexa route.......

When you use the Alex route command, do the directions migrate to Apple Maps?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
When you use the Alex route command, do the directions migrate to Apple Maps?
I usually am NOT using Android Auto (so not Apple ever), so Alexa will build the route in the native Sync4 navigation.

I don't remember exactly what would be different if I had Android Auto enabled and requested the same exact Alexa command. I'll try it when I leave the office and see.

I was a much bigger Android Auto fan with my Sync3 F150. And I naturally assumed that would hold true with this Gen14 truck. And I DO occasionally switch to Android Auto to verify with myself that I still prefer Sync4.

I'm far more hands-free with Sync4 than Android Auto. And there's no glaring compromise that I can think of using Sync4. But I can't say the same for Android Auto because I lose my Email Tab (custom tab) and the Google notifications for the activity on my phone aren't as elegant, in my opinion, as those same notifications are handled by Sync4.

Reactions: 780

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Tried getting my seat heaters to turn on with Alexa by asking a few different ways last night but no luck

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Anyone found anything documented with all of the commands that work in our trucks?

mrtull

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT SCrew SB, FX4 with Tow
Occupation
Teacher
I think the whole point of partnering with cars is to help expand it's evolution. I think that was Google's plan with Android Auto but they screwed things up with Nest and crippled YouTube music. It's bad when I can get better response from Android Auto through Amazon Music than I can YTM.

To answer the original thread, I haven't tried too many auto commands, other than Play FM xx.x. i use "unlock {insert lock name}" or "set the thermostat to 70". I use Wyze and Echo Dot in my house. Would like to see what people have found works in the truck.

Not a rant on Alexa, but when I say, "Alexa play (artist)" which is on my USB drive, it balks that i do not have a streaming subscription. If I use the PTT to say the same thing with Ford Assistant it works great. I suppose there is a balance to be found between the two by knowing which commands work where.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I mainly use Alexa in the truck to open/close my garage door, turn lights on/off and arm/disarm the house alarm. I actually wasn't aware it would do vehicle functions.. 😕
Sponsored