Alarm triggered for no reason

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
No, space is limited because of Covid lockdowns, still in place in Canada.
Sponsored

Last edited:

301F150

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Lariat
Same issue ... purchased 2021 Lariat Monday
  • Monday: Alarm goes off 2 times between midnight and 3am.
  • Tuesday: Turned Off the motion alarms -- no overnight alarms
  • Wednesday: Motion settings returned to "On"(automatically) -- Alarm at 12:32am
  • Thursday: Tired and frustrated ... turning off motion again ... no overnight alarms

Taking it to the dealer next week ... turning off motion sensors each time I turn it off at the end of the day ... which is a very frustrating thing to have to remember to do at this price point.
  • Wednesday: Motion settings returned to "On"(automatically) -- Alarm at 12:32am
  • Thursday: Tired and frustrated ... turning off motion again ... no overnight alarms

Taking it to the dealer next week ... turning off motion sensors each time I turn it off at the end of the day ... which is a very frustrating thing to have to remember to do at this price point.

Went to the dealer today and they reset / updated the body control module (BCM) ... hopefully this addresses the issue once and for all ...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I also had issues with my alarm. I purchased my truck on 3/1 and the alarm went off multiple times during the night. These pattern continued until I made an appointment with my Ford dealer. They updated my Intrusion sensors and flashed my BCM. It's been 2 days since that work has been completed and no issues with alarm.

Sponsored

colellaphant

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat & 1988 Camaro IROC
This has also happened to me a lot since getting the truck... brought it in and dealership suggested turning off interior motion and it hasn't gone off since. Not really a "fix" in my opinion, but it will do for now.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
This has also happened to me a lot since getting the truck... brought it in and dealership suggested turning off interior motion and it hasn't gone off since. Not really a "fix" in my opinion, but it will do for now.
Tell them about the BCM update and have the flash it. May fix the issue.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I thought I had the alarm disabled. Found out that I still had the interior motion on when I had my dog with me when I picked up a shower door sweep this week. I left him in, locked the truck which was right in front of the glass shower enclosure store. Within a couple of minutes the alarm was sounding. Of course, it went off again so I just unlocked the truck. The entire alarm system is now off. It'll never be activated as long as I own this truck.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch

Mine has gone off twice, same for me, between midnight and 3am.

Sponsored

Ggalbraith

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 KRanch
This happened to me also, mostly at night, but also went off 2 more times for no reason in the middle of the day. After about 5 false alarms I contacted the dealer & I started turning off the sensors, hoping to wait for maybe the first oil change to put on the computer for update. Finally after about 10 false alarms I took it in for “the fix” mentioned above. Right now after 3 days it seems to be fixed, but afraid to speak too soon. They said sensors were initially too sensitive & the reprogramming of the module should fix it . Hope so as it was very annoying.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
This happened to me also, mostly at night, but also went off 2 more times for no reason in the middle of the day. After about 5 false alarms I contacted the dealer & I started turning off the sensors, hoping to wait for maybe the first oil change to put on the computer for update. Finally after about 10 false alarms I took it in for “the fix” mentioned above. Right now after 3 days it seems to be fixed, but afraid to speak too soon. They said sensors were initially too sensitive & the reprogramming of the module should fix it . Hope so as it was very annoying.
Been a couple weeks for me.
No false alarm.

Tomball Tiger

First Name
AEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 F250; 2016 BMW X5; 2020 F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Close to Retirement
Been a couple weeks for me.
No false alarm.
I’ve had several false alarms, mainly daytime, when I leave my dog in the truck. Would her movement inside trigger the alarm?