Alarm triggered for no reason

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Nighttime again? And was the moonroof shade open? I’m thinking it might be a lighting thing with the sensors that’s triggering it.
It’s always happened when it’s dark out. I always have the shade closed.
Sponsored

301F150

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Lariat
Same issue ... purchased 2021 Lariat Monday
  • Monday: Alarm goes off 2 times between midnight and 3am.
  • Tuesday: Turned Off the motion alarms -- no overnight alarms
  • Wednesday: Motion settings returned to "On"(automatically) -- Alarm at 12:32am
  • Thursday: Tired and frustrated ... turning off motion again ... no overnight alarms

Taking it to the dealer next week ... turning off motion sensors each time I turn it off at the end of the day ... which is a very frustrating thing to have to remember to do at this price point.

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Is there any way to find and cover the sensors so even if they turn themselves back on they won't "see" anything?

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Same issue ... purchased 2021 Lariat Monday
  • Monday: Alarm goes off 2 times between midnight and 3am.
  • Tuesday: Turned Off the motion alarms -- no overnight alarms
  • Wednesday: Motion settings returned to "On"(automatically) -- Alarm at 12:32am
  • Thursday: Tired and frustrated ... turning off motion again ... no overnight alarms

Taking it to the dealer next week ... turning off motion sensors each time I turn it off at the end of the day ... which is a very frustrating thing to have to remember to do at this price point.
I hope there ends up being a forscan option to fully disable if Ford doesn’t act on this.

Pierre.Granger

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
Well here to let everyone know my alarm triggered again no reason.

No idea why the truck just turns motion sensors back on whenever it feels like it.

My neighbors probably hate me ?
My XLT (lemon law buyback) did that constantly. They tore up a lot of wiring chasing it down. There’s a recall fix now. But Ford is being awesome at making me whole. I’m moving into a Limited that hopefully will arrive soon.

Sponsored

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
Mine also was going off for no reason. I turned off motion and it has been ok since. Eveytime I get out of the truck it asks me if I want motion detection on or off. I click off. Ford is aware of my problem. Not sure of a fix yet.
My screen and rear center console ambient lights remain just slightly on after I shut the truck off. You can only see this in the dark, they are very dim but remain on for 45 minutes every time I shut off the truck. Going back to the dealer next week to try to figure out what is causing this.
I wonder if it has to do with the alarm and battery drain issues people are having?

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Mine also was going off for no reason. I turned off motion and it has been ok since. Eveytime I get out of the truck it asks me if I want motion detection on or off. I click off. Ford is aware of my problem. Not sure of a fix yet.
My screen and rear center console ambient lights remain just slightly on after I shut the truck off. You can only see this in the dark, they are very dim but remain on for 45 minutes every time I shut off the truck. Going back to the dealer next week to try to figure out what is causing this.
I wonder if it has to do with the alarm and battery drain issues people are having?
Interesting. I’ll have to check mine out.

let me know if the dealer comes up with anything in regards to the alarm.

Saga318

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat
Just got my 21 Lariat and joined forum today. I have had the truck for two weeks and the alarm has gone off about 8 times in the middle of the night. I have experienced all of the issues talked about in here with turning off the motion sensors already in my truck so I want to just tape over the sensors. They are not obvious!! I think I found one by the drivers side mirror on the door frame. Looks like a small, translucent cover. Not sure though. Going to test it out. Anyone know for sure where they are?

Saga318

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat
just taped over everything and anything that looks like a sensor. No luck. I still set it off while sitting in the vehicle and waving my hand. Ugh

Sponsored

F150 4X4

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Does the 302A XLT come with these sensors on the inside ?

Saga318

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat
Found another sensor just above temp readout on center display next to row of buttons.

dcampb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Have had mine 3 days and same issue. I did turn of the motion sensors but did not know I had to do this every night. Going to the dealer today to see if they can flash the body control. Is there a way to disable the alarm al together?

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
Had my truck at the dealership yesterday, they reprogrammed the alarm system. Apparently the sensors were too sensitive and if the wind shook the truck it would set off the alarm. The alarm system reprogram also fixed the screen and ambient lighting staying on.

dcampb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Had my truck at the dealership yesterday, they reprogrammed the alarm system. Apparently the sensors were too sensitive and if the wind shook the truck it would set off the alarm. The alarm system reprogram also fixed the screen and ambient lighting staying on.
Perfect, did you wait for it to be done?
Sponsored