Alarm triggered for no reason

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
After having my truck a month mine went off at 3:30 am. I looked qt my security cameras and there was nothing on them. My ford pass said it was an intruder. Funny thing is when it was at the dealership last week it was tripped twice and both times it said it was the hood. I decided to turn. The hood stops down two turns and have not had it trip again. I have my spare fob next to my bedside just incase. Crazy if you ask me.
Mine went off about 30 min ago. According to FordPass 3:33am. So strange.

OP
OP
PolishT247

PolishT247

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB
Mine went off about 30 min ago. According to FordPass 3:33am. So strange.
Check your battery voltage. I have a theory that the alarm system behaves erratically under low voltage.

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Check your battery voltage. I have a theory that the alarm system behaves erratically under low voltage.
Will do, its been a while since it happened and there is that recall for the battery drain issue that I need to do. Thanks for the thoughts.

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
My alarm has gone off a dozen times in the last two weeks. Both in my driveway and at work. I turned off the motion setting and still had it go off twice today. I told the dealership while they had it (replacing the transfer case) and they said the updated the system. Doesn’t seem to help. I’m really getting frustrated with my $70k lariat. This makes 3 issues since I bought it last month. Transfer case @ 800 miles, drives side window switch is getting replaced and now this.

Sponsored

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
New member to the alarm randomly going off club. First time this happened was about 30 minutes ago. Went outside, checked that all the doors were shut, hood, tailgate, etc all closed then checked video cameras to make sure... nothing. Have the truck for about 10 days and that’s the first time. Hopefully its a fluke thing and doesn’t happen again. ?

The only thing that may have started something in the system is that I did trigger the alarm earlier in the day while I was cleaning the truck. I had the front door open for a long time and somehow the alarm sounded when I opened the back door. ?‍♂

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone having this issue during daylight hours or only nighttime?

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Anyone having this issue during daylight hours or only nighttime?
Its been a bit since I had issues, but in the last 45 min mine went off twice. Oh and it started at 11:30 pm. I drove my truck today so it only sat for about 6 hours. This has to be that phantom battery drain issue thats Causing this. I hope so or I'm going to be one upset person if it happens after I get the recall done in a few weeks.

I hope my neighbors don't hate me.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Just had another random 3:33 am alarm going off. I disabled the motion sensors the last time it happened and had a week with no issues. Yesterday my nephews accidentally clicked the alarm on the fob and I’m assuming that reactivated the motion sensors because this morning it was on again.
Not sure why this decides to happen every time at 3:33 am on the dot.

OP
OP
PolishT247

PolishT247

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB
I had my dealership perform the SSM for this issue last Monday and have not have the random alarm triggered so far. Also, it is very likely issues like this will be also addressed with the upcoming over the air update.

Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I had my dealership perform the SSM for this issue last Monday and have not have the random alarm triggered so far. Also, it is very likely issues like this will be also addressed with the upcoming over the air update.
I am waiting to see if a OTA comes out for it! Keeping disabled for now and hoping it drops. If not I’ll have to visit the dealer.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Well here to let everyone know my alarm triggered again no reason.

No idea why the truck just turns motion sensors back on whenever it feels like it.

My neighbors probably hate me ?

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

No idea why the truck just turns motion sensors back on whenever it feels like it.

Nighttime again? And was the moonroof shade open? I’m thinking it might be a lighting thing with the sensors that’s triggering it.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired

If it were me, I'd skip the alarm. I have insurance, pros will get it with or without the alarm on and I actually like my neighbors.

Actually, I don't ever set the alarm on the truck or any other vehicle for that matter. Up until my move north, my truck was outside 24/7 and never bothered with it. Now it sits in a garage. Regardless, it is insured and if it does get taken, I don't want to ever see it again.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
If it were me, I'd skip the alarm. I have insurance, pros will get it with or without the alarm on and I actually like my neighbors.

Actually, I don't ever set the alarm on the truck or any other vehicle for that matter. Up until my move north, my truck was outside 24/7 and never bothered with it. Now it sits in a garage. Regardless, it is insured and if it does get taken, I don't want to ever see it again.
That’s the thing. I keep turning off security motion sensors but they keep coming back on randomly and then I get the random alarm going off in the middle of the night. Driving me nuts.
Sponsored