Sponsored

Alarm triggered for no reason

Jonrad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150
Does anyone know if there’s a way to lock the truck without setting the alarm? My 2020 doesn’t have the ability to turn off the motion sensors. It’s been going off randomly, mostly says it’s from the hood but occasionally says “unusual activity “...

I just unplugged the hood sensor from the latch because the dealer can’t get me in for close to 2 weeks, curious to see if that shuts it up.

But would be great to be able to lock it without the alarm if possible. Not really in a high crime area but would rather not leave it unlocked for 2 weeks.
Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Does anyone know if there’s a way to lock the truck without setting the alarm? My 2020 doesn’t have the ability to turn off the motion sensors. It’s been going off randomly, mostly says it’s from the hood but occasionally says “unusual activity “...

I just unplugged the hood sensor from the latch because the dealer can’t get me in for close to 2 weeks, curious to see if that shuts it up.

But would be great to be able to lock it without the alarm if possible. Not really in a high crime area but would rather not leave it unlocked for 2 weeks.
Most of us that had that problem just turned off interior motion sensors and that stopped all false alarms till they reflashed a piece of software.
Good luck..

Ggalbraith

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 KRanch
Once my dealer did the PCM update it stopped the alarm problem. Also I read something about locking with door button vs fob that it would help.

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
How do you turn off the motion detection? I’ve never had an issue until the last two days it’s happening. I think the recent ota update did something.....

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Once my dealer did the PCM update it stopped the alarm problem. Also I read something about locking with door button vs fob that it would help.
How do you turn off the motion detection? I’ve never had an issue until the last two days it’s happening. I think the recent ota update did something.....
Either under Features or Settings
Think it called alarm or security.
I don't remember now, I'm sure you can find it on youtube.

Sponsored

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
Last night my alarm was triggered and have no indication to why? My security cameras showed no activity that would have caused the alarm to trigger. Anyone else have the alarm trigger for no reason? I am betting my neighbors are hating me today.
My 2018 F-150 XLT Sport never had a false alarm. My new 2021 F-150 Lariat has had two alarm incidents within 24 hours. Security camera revealed nothing but some birds. So, I have been parking towards the other side of the driveway for 2 weeks and no false alarms.
Evidently, the proximity sensors are sensitive and it also picks up movement inside the cab.
Wondering if shadows from the windows or sunroof set it off???
Supposedly, there are some settings on the 12" screen to lessen the sensitivity.

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 2013 Subaru BRZ
Ive never had it go off until today. I got the ota update message this morning

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Wondering if shadows from the windows or sunroof set it off???
Interior sensors are ultrasonic (sound, kinda like sonar), needs a physical object moving to trigger, shadows, lights, etc won't do it.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Ive never had it go off until today. I got the ota update message this morning
Have to take it to dealer and let them reflash a piece of software..
That will fix it..

Sponsored

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I turned off motion detection, will call the dealership tomorrow. Sad that they regressed this bug

BaySide1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 5.5Ft Bed
Occupation
Medical Equipment Repair
Interior sensors are ultrasonic (sound, kinda like sonar), needs a physical object moving to trigger, shadows, lights, etc won't do it.
Sonny, I do not disagree with you but the video shows a bird flying by and the alarm going off.
Have not had any problems since.
one would think that if some software needed to be re flashed that the problem would continue un till that action.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Sonny, I do not disagree with you but the video shows a bird flying by and the alarm going off.
Have not had any problems since.
one would think that if some software needed to be re flashed that the problem would continue un till that action.
My alarm kept false alarming until I had it reflashed.
I had to quit setting the alarm meaning no locking the truck.
All good since it was reflashed..
2 months+

Jonrad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150
Most of us that had that problem just turned off interior motion sensors and that stopped all false alarms till they reflashed a piece of software.
Good luck..
Doesn’t work if your truck doesn’t have that feature. Unplugging the wire from the hood sensor worked, only downside is the truck tells me the hood is ajar on startup.
Sponsored