Alarm triggered for no reason

PolishT247

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 3.5EB
Last night my alarm was triggered and have no indication to why? My security cameras showed no activity that would have caused the alarm to trigger. Anyone else have the alarm trigger for no reason? I am betting my neighbors are hating me today.
Sponsored

Eamsberry

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Occupation
executive
Last night my alarm was triggered and have no indication to why? My security cameras showed no activity that would have caused the alarm to trigger. Anyone else have the alarm trigger for no reason? I am betting my neighbors are hating me today.
I have a 2015 F150 that went off 3 separate times one evening. Turns out there was a moth inside and set off the motion sensor when it was flying around. I goggled it and found 4 other people with similar issues. The other option was to turn off the motion sensor, assume the current alarm system is similar.

Dansmn

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
This has also happened to me on 3 different nights. I took it to the dealer and they don't have a fix yet. Ford is apparently aware of this problem. It is happening on Lariat, king ranch and limited models. if you go to your settings you can turn the sensors to prompt on options of on or off everytime you turn your truck off

OP
OP
PolishT247

PolishT247

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know I don’t have any bugs flying around in my truck with temps only around 15*F. Thanks for the tip of turning off the sensors inside while this issue is being work on.

Sponsored

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
I have a 2015 F150 that went off 3 separate times one evening. Turns out there was a moth inside and set off the motion sensor when it was flying around. I goggled it and found 4 other people with similar issues. The other option was to turn off the motion sensor, assume the current alarm system is similar.
This happened to me on my 2020 also but during the summer when there was a fly or something in the cabin.

OP
OP
PolishT247

PolishT247

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just happen again for the second time today for no apparent reason. However, the motion sensors were not disabled and definitely not bugs with the temperature at 17*F. I now have the interior motion sensors disabled to see if this happens again.

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Happened to me the second night I had the truck. Turned the motion sensors off and have had no issue since. What's odd is that sometimes the truck will prompt me to select either on or off for the motion sensors when I park it - not every time though.

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
After having my truck a month mine went off at 3:30 am. I looked qt my security cameras and there was nothing on them. My ford pass said it was an intruder. Funny thing is when it was at the dealership last week it was tripped twice and both times it said it was the hood. I decided to turn. The hood stops down two turns and have not had it trip again. I have my spare fob next to my bedside just incase. Crazy if you ask me.

Sponsored

Steve5472

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Expedition Stealth Performance
This happened to me with my 2020 twice while on a camping trip. It went off all by istself in the middle of the night. Turns out a mouse had gotten into it and the alarm is so sensitive that the mouse set it off.

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
My 2021 did it three nights in a row. multiple times each night. I watched it go off a couple times. Too cold for insects and absolutely nothing close to the truck. I turned the sensors off and it hasn't done it since.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Can sensitivity be adjusted? If a mouse is setting off the motion sensor, it’s possible that in cold weather that the aluminum is contracting enough to set off the sensor. Just like all the clicking and ticking and cracking the exhaust makes after you turn your car off.

Last edited:

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
...I have my spare fob next to my bedside just incase. Crazy if you ask me.
A good idea, regardless of the alarm going off. You never know when you need to make a quick getaway from zombies or a poltergeist!

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
My alarm has gone off also and it said motion. I turned off the motion in my settings and it seems to have been okay since.
Update: not ok.
It auto resets after every "key cycle " to automatically turning the motion back on.
So I forced it to ask me a question every time my vehicle shuts off as to whether or not I watch a motion detector on and I tell it no because most of the time my dogs are in the back...
Sponsored

Last edited: