Alarm going off for no reason

Jimmy Young

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-F150 lariat
2021 F150 Lariat 502A 3 months old 2k miles.....3 Nights in a row at different times my alarm has been going off in my driveway. The first night I run out with gun in hand thinking someone is trying to steal it. Called the dealer yesterday and said they have not heard of this happing. I have 3 ring Cameras that see the truck and clearly I see nothing happing when it goes off. Anyone else having this issue? I just moved to a new aera and it won't fit in the garage just yet as the facia board is too low. My new neighborhood is not liking me right now.
Sponsored

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Did you have a trailer hooked up to it by chance? There is a known issue where the LED lights from a trailer cause the truck alarm to think it was disconnected.

You should also have a notification in your FordPass app that should have more details on exactly what triggered the alarm.

Steeler

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat; 2022 F150 Limited
I had the same issue when I first got my Lariat back in March. About a month or so later, the alarm would randomly go off, but only at night. This lasted for about a week or so and it happened about 4 nights during that span. Like you, I checked all of my camera's at the times the alarm was triggered and nothing.

It then just stopped occurring and hasn't since. This probably doesn't help you much but at least you know you're not alone. Nothing was done to "fix" this - I never called the dealer and I still park it in the same area in my driveway.

OP
OP
Jimmy Young

Jimmy Young

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-F150 lariat
Did you have a trailer hooked up to it by chance? There is a known issue where the LED lights from a trailer cause the truck alarm to think it was disconnected.

You should also have a notification in your FordPass app that should have more details on exactly what triggered the alarm.
I did not look at the app tell you just mentioned this. Sure enough there are 3 messages all saying the same thing......F150 Security system has detected vehicle intrusion and triggered alarm. Ok but what intrusion there was not one?

No trailer hooked up

OP
OP
Jimmy Young

Jimmy Young

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-F150 lariat
I had the same issue when I first got my Lariat back in March. About a month or so later, the alarm would randomly go off, but only at night. This lasted for about a week or so and it happened about 4 nights during that span. Like you, I checked all of my camera's at the times the alarm was triggered and nothing.

It then just stopped occurring and hasn't since. This probably doesn't help you much but at least you know you're not alone. Nothing was done to "fix" this - I never called the dealer and I still park it in the same area in my driveway.
Thank you for that I sure hope it goes away like yourS did. Until this I never heard it go off but at least I know it works :)

By the way Steeler John love the Steelers truck. I am a socal die hard. Just went to the game a week ago vs Chargers at the new sofi stadium here LA.

Sponsored

Steeler

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat; 2022 F150 Limited
Thank you for that I sure hope it goes away like yourS did. Until this I never heard it go off but at least I know it works :)

By the way Steeler John love the Steelers truck. I am a socal die hard. Just went to the game a week ago vs Chargers at the new sofi stadium here LA.
That's awesome! I hear that stadium is amazing! Too bad they lost for you but they have so many problems right now, it's ridiculous.
The truck in my pic is in the south endzone at Heinz Field. They change up the wrap every now and then but it is sick looking.

OP
OP
Jimmy Young

Jimmy Young

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-F150 lariat
That's awesome! I hear that stadium is amazing! Too bad they lost for you but they have so many problems right now, it's ridiculous.
The truck in my pic is in the south endzone at Heinz Field. They change up the wrap every now and then but it is sick looking.
Gotcha it would be kind of a lot as a daily driver lol. Ture on that, its a very disappointing year.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I'm pretty sure there is a TSB for this. The dealer can update the alarm module to correct it. For now, turn off the interior motion sensors and it should stop the random alarms.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I'm pretty sure there is a TSB for this. The dealer can update the alarm module to correct it. For now, turn off the interior motion sensors and it should stop the random alarms.
I took mine in around May to have them do this and they wouldn’t they said they needed to keep my truck overnight until the alarm triggers to pull codes off it.

The problem was it was only doing it once a week or sometimes 2 weeks at the time and I was not leaving my truck there for an undetermined amount of time.

What I did find that helped- using my sunscreen on the windshield. This seems to prevent it from ever going off regardless if I turn off motion detection or not. The issue is anytime I forget to put it up there is a 20% chance it’s going off lol

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
2021 F150 Lariat 502A 3 months old 2k miles.....3 Nights in a row at different times my alarm has been going off in my driveway. The first night I run out with gun in hand thinking someone is trying to steal it. Called the dealer yesterday and said they have not heard of this happing. I have 3 ring Cameras that see the truck and clearly I see nothing happing when it goes off. Anyone else having this issue? I just moved to a new aera and it won't fit in the garage just yet as the facia board is too low. My new neighborhood is not liking me right now.
Hello there! We definitely want to help get to the bottom of this horn issue. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN so we can start looking into this on our end?

OP
OP
Jimmy Young

Jimmy Young

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-F150 lariat
I took mine in around May to have them do this and they wouldn’t they said they needed to keep my truck overnight until the alarm triggers to pull codes off it.

The problem was it was only doing it once a week or sometimes 2 weeks at the time and I was not leaving my truck there for an undetermined amount of time.

What I did find that helped- using my sunscreen on the windshield. This seems to prevent it from ever going off regardless if I turn off motion detection or not. The issue is anytime I forget to put it up there is a 20% chance it’s going off lol
Ohhh that's a great call Agashi25. It started this past weekend as I just moved into a new place. It was always in the garage before that. I do park it front of my Ring motion flood light and maybe the flood lights trigger the truck inside motion when they go off. I have a truck cover that just arrived yesterday, Ill put that on tonight and hope this helps.
Sponsored