First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum
Occupation
Lineman
My neighbors are going to be lining up, trying to take a piece outta me. My alarm has been going off for no reason every other night at around 2 or 3am. This is terrible! I am concerned about even loxking my doors on my overpriced truck, even though I love it. Except, the alarm waking up my neighborhood! I turned the motion off on the screen while exiting truck. Never turned truck on again. It still went off. The steps came down when I walked by once. Was wondering if that put the alarm back to default of motion sensors on? This is terrible! Need a fix soon before I catch a beating!
Sponsored

RickZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My neighbors are going to be lining up, trying to take a piece outta me. My alarm has been going off for no reason every other night at around 2 or 3am. This is terrible! I am concerned about even loxking my doors on my overpriced truck, even though I love it. Except, the alarm waking up my neighborhood! I turned the motion off on the screen while exiting truck. Never turned truck on again. It still went off. The steps came down when I walked by once. Was wondering if that put the alarm back to default of motion sensors on? This is terrible! Need a fix soon before I catch a beating!
I am planning on asking the dealer about the following item. My truck is supposed to be delivered this week:

SSM 49601 - 2021 F-150 - False Activation Of The Anti-Theft Intrusion Alarm System

Some 2021 F-150 vehicles may experience the anti-theft intrusion alarm system activating when there is no evidence of an intrusion. This may be due to the intrusion alarm system sensing vibrations that are characteristic to other vehicle systems. To correct the condition, update the body control module (BCM) to the latest software level using the appropriate scan tool. After BCM reprogramming completes follow the on-screen prompts to relearn the TPMS sensors. For claiming, use causal part 15K609 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES

2021 TRUCK: FD P702N F150

OP
OP

FranC

First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum
Occupation
Lineman
Thanks.I will try to send this info to the dealer

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
My 2021 Lariat 500A just did this for the first time. I live in a crowded German neighborhood and streetpark so it was quite embarrassing when at 9 PM a neighbor came to tell me. I don't care for the alarm in this area, just don't want it to randomly sound off.

Disable sensors is the only thing I can do? I don't have the app, is this doable through the center touchscreen? Can I do something through Forscan?

Thank you,

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
My 2021 Lariat 500A just did this for the first time. I live in a crowded German neighborhood and streetpark so it was quite embarrassing when at 9 PM a neighbor came to tell me. I don't care for the alarm in this area, just don't want it to randomly sound off.

Disable sensors is the only thing I can do? I don't have the app, is this doable through the center touchscreen? Can I do something through Forscan?

Thank you,
I have my truck set up to prompt me for turning off motion sensors each time I shut it down. I select Yes when parking in my driveway for the evening.

If you have a moonroof, also close the sunshade. That seemed to lower the number of times mine went off. The theory is that outside movement shadows caused false alarms.

It would be interesting to find out if anyone has false alarms that parks in a garage.

Sponsored

atgill

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport Pkg 4X4 5.0
Occupation
Retired, USW Local 369
My Lariat 502A has being doing the same thing, alarm goes off at night. Very anoying.
Is there a fix for this?

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
My truck was doing this last yr. after i bought it, but seem to quit after first ota update. This past couple of weeks it started going off again. Now I turn off sensor when exiting the truck. will being going in for service next month and will have them reflash BCM.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My Lariat 502A has being doing the same thing, alarm goes off at night. Very anoying.
Is there a fix for this?
Hello, Andy!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this alarm concern. Thanks!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My truck was doing this last yr. after i bought it, but seem to quit after first ota update. This past couple of weeks it started going off again. Now I turn off sensor when exiting the truck. will being going in for service next month and will have them reflash BCM.
Good afternoon! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into this alarm concern for you on my end. Thanks!

Cubfan1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC YukonXL, Ford 2021 f 150 Ltd.
Occupation
Healthcare
my truck also does this for no apparent reason .

regards, Tim

Sponsored

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
My Truck does this also. Random night alarm activation. I took it to the dealer on Friday 03/11 and asked for them to accomplish SSM 49601. They could not find that number but said TSB 22-2084 covered it. Unfortunately last night it went off again. Guess it is back to turning off the motion sensors again.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
my truck also does this for no apparent reason .

regards, Tim
Hi there, Tim! I would like to investigate this alarm concern for you on my end. Please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information. Thanks in advance!

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB
According to Ford SSM 49601 does not exist. The TSB they did for me was for the trailer making the alarm go off. They claim to have updated the TRM,DDM and PDM. The SSM calls for the BCM to be updated. Are they the same ?

m100102

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Marine Corps
I have a 2017 f150 and it still does this. My dealership could figure out how to fix it and said they needed more time to run diagnostics.

is there no solution to this problem? Seems as if ford has a reoccurring issue with no way to fix it….

m100102

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Marine Corps
I have a 2017 f150 and it still does this. My dealership could not figure out how to fix it and said they needed more time to run diagnostics.

is there no solution to this problem? Seems as if ford has a reoccurring issue with no way to fix it….
*could not
Sponsored