• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Air suspension or spring suspension for electric F150

Prefer air suspension or traditional suspension for the electric F150

• Spring Suspension

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mando

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150 XLT
From the spy pics we know the electric F150 is getting independent rear suspension, but are you guys interested in air suspension or traditional spring suspension if given the choice?

Pros for air suspension:
Ride quality
Adjustable
Improved towing capability (can increase firmness to account for heavier loads)

Cons for air suspension:
Cost (bumps up vehicle price, sometimes significantly)
Maintenance (replacement cost)
Sponsored

LaserDawg1981

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 ford mustang, 2015 ford edge
I would rather see air ride suspension on lariat and higher in gas engines cause I am not buying a electric vehicle.

Sequoia Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
The F150 EV is going to be HEAVY. I'm not sure it's going to work with traditional spring suspension especially once the bed is loaded up. The thing is going to sag like crazy if it doesn't have an air suspension. Besides, all of its competitors will have air suspension so it's going to be disadvantaged without it.

RR89

First Name
Poindexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
This would be a wait and see for me... I'd worry about the long term reliability... The sunroof and "deployable" side steps are already broken on my 2015 F150 with 75K miles.. I don't think adjustable parts and bladders in the suspension once it's out of warranty are for me. Ford literaly sells a million trucks a year so anything they can do to save 5 cents a truck is a big deal...
Sponsored