Air intake for the Powerboost

db31103

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Has anyone installed an aftermarket air intake on their Powerboost yet? I purchased an S&B intake for the 3.5 Ecoboost thinking it would be the same install and unfortunately it was not. On the Powerboost there seems to be an extra coolant reservoir that gets in the way of installing the intake. Just wondering if anyone else has found a product that works or maybe I was installing it wrong. Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Why do you want an aftermarket intake? I don't think you would ever feel the difference of such a small power gain (if any).

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
I believe roush is the only company I’ve seen with confirmed PB fitment.

If you want to modify your truck Dale, don’t let anyone talk you out of it.

Cltgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 F150 Lariat 502A 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
I.T. Director
I can verify that the Roush fits. Although, I recommend putting a piece of felt or loop side velcro on the spot where the coolant reservoir
Ford F-150 Air intake for the Powerboost Roush1
Ford F-150 Air intake for the Powerboost Roush2
mat contact intake on bumps/vibrations.

claysr888

First Name
CLay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch Powerboost
Has anyone installed an aftermarket air intake on their Powerboost yet? I purchased an S&B intake for the 3.5 Ecoboost thinking it would be the same install and unfortunately it was not. On the Powerboost there seems to be an extra coolant reservoir that gets in the way of installing the intake. Just wondering if anyone else has found a product that works or maybe I was installing it wrong. Thanks for your help!
Just installed a roush and it is tight against extra coolant reservoir tank. I installed felt between the two to act as a cushion.

Sponsored

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
I can verify that the Roush fits. Although, I recommend putting a piece of felt or loop side velcro on the spot where the coolant reservoir
Roush1.jpg
Roush2.jpg
mat contact intake on bumps/vibrations.
does the turbo spooling sound louder? Any noticeable difference in throttle response and MPG?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
There's a reason that Ford put that big dent in the cold air pipe you see in the 3.5 non PowerBoost. Although it looks like someone damaged the pipe when you open the hood on one. That second reservoir hides it PERFECTLY, of course. :p

Sentinel1201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Just installed a roush and it is tight against extra coolant reservoir tank. I installed felt between the two to act as a cushion.
Any positive effects to response and/or mpg?
Sponsored