Air compressor

wayne b

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB
The takeaway from the Cordless video above is the DeWalt is very good (esp for higher PSI tires). I'm assuming it will work equally as well / better when it's plugged in.
Sponsored

Twg1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 F150 Screw, 2019 Camaro ZLE
Occupation
Engineer
I use the Milwaukee M12 at the race track. It will take ~12 tires from 24 to 36PSI on a charge. Also has no issue taking trailer tires from 76-80. Its not fast, but it has a set point, so you can walk away. Of all the high end tools I use, that one gets the most compliments.

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
I use my 20V Dewalt almost every week whether its my truck or equipment in the yard. Been one of the best $100 I've spent. That said, I already been invested in batteries and such so it fits well. No problem filling truck tires to 70 PSI or more. I usually don't have to go that high even on my old F250.
I just picked up the 20v Dewalt air compressor as well. Partially because I already have some 20v Dewalt tools (drill, recip saw, etc.), and partially because I found a decent deal for the air compressor + an extra 2.0ah battery ($80+ itself) for $129.99:

https://www.grainger.com/product/DEWALT-Inflator-Kit-272JN1

Also, you can buy an AC cord to use on the Dewalt compressor to plug in instead of the 12v if you'd like.

That said, either my Dewalt air compressor is not accurate for the PSI... or my truck isn't accurate. Because they aren't aligning. Truck shows 45 PSI for each tire, while the compressor shows a few pounds less. I'm thinking its the truck because before I bought the compressor I filled up the tires at a gas station and the PSI was not aligned either.

SouthParkCo2

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB XLT / 2023 HiHy Limited
Occupation
Retired

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
Looking at options to use with a powerboost. I wish VIAIR made something like the 400P but with a standard outlet. Just being able to plug into the bed of the truck vs hooking up to the battery in the truck would be great.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ocwill1

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost 502A, 2021 Lexus RX350(wifey)
Occupation
Computer System Engineer
same here, looking for something that uses 110 and I can hang on the builtrite molle panel I have installed. So it would have to me flat like the viair. ARB makes some, but they are not cheap...

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
same here, looking for something that uses 110 and I can hang on the builtrite molle panel I have installed. So it would have to me flat like the viair. ARB makes some, but they are not cheap...
Does arb have a 110 model?

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
@ocwill1 Let me know if you found a compressor that fits that builtrite panel. I may buy the builtrite panel (the small one, for the forward cleat because I already have swingboxes on the aft cleats) for this purpose.

ocwill1

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost 502A, 2021 Lexus RX350(wifey)
Occupation
Computer System Engineer
@ocwill1 Let me know if you found a compressor that fits that builtrite panel. I may buy the builtrite panel (the small one, for the forward cleat because I already have swingboxes on the aft cleats) for this purpose.
have not really looked too much lately as I plan to remove air bags this spring since I do not need them anymore. I hadn't found too many 110 compressors that were midrange, arb expensive, then a bunch of cheapo amazon that I don't think I would trust.. Was looking at viair, and cannot remember if they had one or not...

SteveP150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Another vote for the DeWalt one, particularly if you already have DeWalt 20V cordless tools.

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
have not really looked too much lately as I plan to remove air bags this spring since I do not need them anymore. I hadn't found too many 110 compressors that were midrange, arb expensive, then a bunch of cheapo amazon that I don't think I would trust.. Was looking at viair, and cannot remember if they had one or not...
FWIW I bought the dewalt. Would have loved to buy the similar Ryobi, but the Ryobi was battery-only. The AC cord is another $47, and a decent amount of bulk, so will rock the Dewalt using 12DC for now. I'll let you know if I mount it to the builtrite panel. Seems overkill but the odds and ends laying around in the truck are adding up.

On a side note, let me know if there's an easy way to add molle compatible mounts to a random piece of hardware like the dewalt.
Sponsored